Final Fantasy: Brave Exvius

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
FYI, If you're a newish account that can't handle 10nrg, you may want to farm 5nrg instead of 8nrg. When Gumi added the Doublicorn to 8nrg, they didn't code the quest to properly accept the Doublicorn running away, so it will crash and then crash again every time you try to load. The only way to get out of the quest is to select menu and give up before it tries to load the third round enemies.

Strossus

Silver Knight of the Realm
on alt account the tablet, turns off the game when i try to do the fina event, or this new event didn't get to do any of the last event sad too that was a newish account

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I wondered why I was getting inconsistent results with point warp, I assumed that Gumi had just changed it in addition to all the other abilities.

Turns out point warp benefits from both man-eater and elemental weaknesses, so a noctis with excalibur and diabolos equipped should get 300 mana back.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
New trial and Rain's 6* form on Wednesday (and some story stuff which might include Odin and new quartz shop).

I was stoked for Rain's 6* form a while back, but looking at his upgrade today, he's not so impressive. Still going to max him out since he's needed for some content later on, but I'm not sure he's going to go onto my hard content team. He's kind of overshadowed by Noctis as a breaker.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Sinzar Sinzar I finished Gilgamesh trial last night on JP without being carried by a megawhale DPS and got 2/3 achievements (couldn't do it without using items). Pretty much hard carried by Ayaka. Not superfluous in the slightest lol.

Vinen

God is dead
Started this game a few days ago. Pulled Seven with a Rare Summon Card... Her limit seems pretty powerful but no idea how it stacks up...

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Nice! What kind of team did you use to hit all of the required elements?

My team was horribly optimized and Ayaka (with a side order of Rikku) was able to just blunt force carry me through the trial. I had a companion Wilhelm sealing earth/light, but both me and the guy who loaned him to me didn't think about the fact that he can't seal on the turns he wants to refresh his provoke buff. I also wasn't sealing wind, and he both had golem equipped and wasn't immune to paralysis, so Gilg's wind attack hit him like a freight train and always paralyzed him. I alternated between Rikku and Noctis to seal fire, and thunder flasking to magic break when I could remember. Eileen was on mana oil and backup earth seal duty, which was a big waste of her potential damage but I was originally going for zero item use.

If I go back for the no item use achievement I'm going to bring a light immune tank and then skip that seal so Gilgamesh wastes as many attacks as possible.

Started this game a few days ago. Pulled Seven with a Rare Summon Card... Her limit seems pretty powerful but no idea how it stacks up...

Seven is awful and I guarantee you should reroll your account to get better heroes. Or I'll give you a Gilgamesh/Luka starter for free if you have a FB account I can link it to (only way to transfer it from my device to yours)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vinen

God is dead
My team was horribly optimized and Ayaka (with a side order of Rikku) was able to just blunt force carry me through the trial. I had a companion Wilhelm sealing earth/light, but both me and the guy who loaned him to me didn't think about the fact that he can't seal on the turns he wants to refresh his provoke buff. I also wasn't sealing wind, and he both had golem equipped and wasn't immune to paralysis, so Gilg's wind attack hit him like a freight train and always paralyzed him. I alternated between Rikku and Noctis to seal fire, and thunder flasking to magic break when I could remember. Eileen was on mana oil and backup earth seal duty, which was a big waste of her potential damage but I was originally going for zero item use.

If I go back for the no item use achievement I'm going to bring a light immune tank and then skip that seal so Gilgamesh wastes as many attacks as possible.

Seven is awful and I guarantee you should reroll your account to get better heroes. Or I'll give you a Gilgamesh/Luka starter for free if you have a FB account I can link it to (only way to transfer it from my device to yours)

How do I reroll a new account? (going to go google now I guess)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
How do I reroll a new account? (going to go google now I guess)

How to reroll - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

That's a good general guide, although fair warning this is a *terrible* banner to start the game on because the TMRs are mediocre and the units are awful, so you'll have to reroll even longer to get a good starter. At a bare minimum you want to reroll until you get an account that starts with Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh, or Noctis. Lightning and Luneth are basically ezmode starter units because they innately learn dual wield which is the strongest ability in the game by far. Gilgamesh is a strong unit who eventually gives you an accessory that grants dual wield, and Noctis is just an extremely versatile and powerful unit. Ideally you'll also get some good support units as well but getting one of those 4 premium units makes a really big difference. Rerolling is *SUPER* tedious, but this is your one and only chance to guarantee yourself a powerful unit.

Basically you start a new account, play up until it gives you the initial batch of five free rare tickets, cash in all the summon tickets + your daily discount pull, and if you don't get one of the mentioned heroes you wipe that data via the steps in that guide I linked.

A) Start new account, use your free tickets, decide it's not worth keeping, link this Exvius account to a dummy Facebook account by logging in to facebook. Menu -> options - Login to facebook. Then from the exact same spot, log out of facebook.

B) You'll be back at the original menu. Start new account. This account is saved locally on your device. Use your free tickets, nothing worth keeping, so you're gonna reroll. While in game you go to the menu and login to facebook, then enter the info from your dummy FB account. This will retrieve the Exvius account linked to your dummy FB account, overwriting the locally saved account.

C) goto B

You don't have to link the Exvius account you're keeping to a facebook account, but there are some benefits. The only way to transfer your data between devices (like your phone and an emulator) is with it linked to facebook.

I do have some better starter accounts than that Gilgamesh/Luka account I offered, but they aren't free and I doubt you're in the 'pay real moneys' stage yet lol

*edit*

When you do reroll, I honestly think you'd have better luck rolling on the generic rare summon banner rather than one of the two rate up banners.

Xhkhio1.png

Normally that's a giant no-no because if the event banners suck you just don't pull, but when you're rerolling for free the inefficiency of pulling on that banner doesn't matter and you'll actually have a slightly higher chance of getting one of the premium units I mentioned, instead of the elevated chance of getting Ace or Dark Fina on their respective banners.

Last edited:

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
... gilg trial stuff ...

Interesting to hear that worked out. When it comes to global, I'm planning to run Rain 6* with Excalibur using Ground Lava (that hits holy, fire, earth), and Gilgamesh with Trident using Wind Slash (that hits wind and water). If I manage to land a Zidane before the trial, I'll moogle / power grind him up, then my gilg can dualwield trident/kazekiri and use tri-attack each round instead. Either way though, that covers all of the elements with only 2 units that don't have to worry about splitting their turns between hitting an element or another duty (Noctis will break/dps, with Cecil/Refia healing, or maybe WoL will tank/break if he's upgraded by then).

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'd say its actually better to use a light immune tank and then don't seal light, that way he wastes actions on an attack that does zero damage to the tank.

Vinen

God is dead
How to reroll - Final Fantasy Brave Exvius Wiki

That's a good general guide, although fair warning this is a *terrible* banner to start the game on because the TMRs are mediocre and the units are awful, so you'll have to reroll even longer to get a good starter. At a bare minimum you want to reroll until you get an account that starts with Lightning, Luneth, Gilgamesh, or Noctis. Lightning and Luneth are basically ezmode starter units because they innately learn dual wield which is the strongest ability in the game by far. Gilgamesh is a strong unit who eventually gives you an accessory that grants dual wield, and Noctis is just an extremely versatile and powerful unit. Ideally you'll also get some good support units as well but getting one of those 4 premium units makes a really big difference. Rerolling is *SUPER* tedious, but this is your one and only chance to guarantee yourself a powerful unit.

Basically you start a new account, play up until it gives you the initial batch of five free rare tickets, cash in all the summon tickets + your daily discount pull, and if you don't get one of the mentioned heroes you wipe that data via the steps in that guide I linked.

A) Start new account, use your free tickets, decide it's not worth keeping, link this Exvius account to a dummy Facebook account by logging in to facebook. Menu -> options - Login to facebook. Then from the exact same spot, log out of facebook.

B) You'll be back at the original menu. Start new account. This account is saved locally on your device. Use your free tickets, nothing worth keeping, so you're gonna reroll. While in game you go to the menu and login to facebook, then enter the info from your dummy FB account. This will retrieve the Exvius account linked to your dummy FB account, overwriting the locally saved account.

C) goto B

You don't have to link the Exvius account you're keeping to a facebook account, but there are some benefits. The only way to transfer your data between devices (like your phone and an emulator) is with it linked to facebook.

I do have some better starter accounts than that Gilgamesh/Luka account I offered, but they aren't free and I doubt you're in the 'pay real moneys' stage yet lol

*edit*

When you do reroll, I honestly think you'd have better luck rolling on the generic rare summon banner rather than one of the two rate up banners.

View attachment 112704

Normally that's a giant no-no because if the event banners suck you just don't pull, but when you're rerolling for free the inefficiency of pulling on that banner doesn't matter and you'll actually have a slightly higher chance of getting one of the premium units I mentioned, instead of the elevated chance of getting Ace or Dark Fina on their respective banners.

Did not work for me. May have to take you up on your offer :(

EDIT:
NM got it working. Time to start the rerollz

Last edited: