Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

Chris

Potato del Grande
lol do the tier list with the AI presidents.

Celes and Terra are obviously the "main" characters.

It is kinda funny as you start out with them being the same trope-type in pair with Locke. I know there are hours and hours of reviews and the interviews on how the game was made and who wrote what characters etc. but we all know the Japanese are masters of over simplification when they talk... just watch Anime... it is like... 5 lines of talking in the anime vs if an American studio made it, it would be 25. So in those interviews where they are like "we each wrote a set of characters, and then discussed some" - in reality, that is equating to WAY MORE collaboration and shareing of ideas and co working than they say, because everything is implied.

So- with that, I say, Terra and Celes really are 1 character "idea" or "type" that just grew into two. They both are magitek generals - the connection to espers would have worked with either being artificially infused or genetic - we are given more reason for Terra to turn away from the empire, Celes just kinda was like "Oh wait... I am the bad guy!" then all the bad stuff- again, that could work in conjunction with Terras exp- Narshe expidition could have lead back to the empire and then the "Oh I am the bad guy" type thing rather than it being separate as it is.

Either way, what turned out was great. You have a love story and a coming to terms arc for each, Terra drops off in the WoR while Celes really takes over. Terra really is done once she finds the kids and finds herself and love in that - Celes is the one who has the arc that needs to continue. They each are primary, but Celes takes a back seat all the way to the end of WoB and the opera - then it really is just a culmination of the esper plot that puts her to the side a bit while we "end the game" and move on to part 2.

Well I could ramble on for quite some time...

someone make that AI presidents tier list, it would be funny. Trump just keeps talking about Lulu and Tifa
Obama: OK gentlemen so I think we can agree it's between Tifa and Aeris, now I think that...

Trump: It's obviously Lulu, gotta get them big mommy milkers. So big. You agree right Joe?

Biden: Rydia looks like a nice girl who would look after an old man.

Obama: ...you mean adult Rydia right??

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Hottest Final Fantasy character/outfit goes to Lebreau from FF13 and 13-2. It's too bad she's never a full party member, just a recurring guest character. Would have gladly traded Hope or Sazh for her, or had her be the third party member in 13-2 instead of a revolving door of monsters.

1722496945918.png

1722496831121.png

• 1Seriously?
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Hottest Final Fantasy character/outfit goes to Lebreau from FF13 and 13-2. It's too bad she's never a full party member, just a recurring guest character. Would have gladly traded Hope or Sazh for her, or had her be the third party member in 13-2 instead of a revolving door of monsters.

View attachment 539234

View attachment 539233
Urgh you made me remember Snow's cringe resistance group. Was it called NORA or something?

And they started in media res with that because the opening act was so boring it had to be in flashback.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
Urgh you made me remember Snow's cringe resistance group. Was it called NORA or something?

And they started in media res with that because the opening act was so boring it had to be in flashback.

The army is no match for Nora.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

I think the cringiest part of the 13 series was how Snow, this giant dude who looks about 35, has a girlfriend who is half his height and looks about 12. I think the bad guy in 13-2, can't remember his name, also had a girlfriend half his size who looked about 12.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
I think the cringiest part of the 13 series was how Snow, this giant dude who looks about 35, has a girlfriend who is half his height and looks about 12. I think the bad guy in 13-2, can't remember his name, also had a girlfriend half his size who looked about 12.
Seraaaaaaah