Final Fantasy I-VI Pixel Remaster Series

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Talking about kissable, i thought it was pretty rad how Sabin was encouraging Cyan to get some action from a bar wench literally hours after the death of his wife and children.

Time passes differently in Japanese games. Maybe it's like how 17 year olds are hardened combat veterans.

As for Yang's wife, I thought she was old and was making a funny. Not sure she's actually supposed to be hot...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20230526_122557_FF4 (3D).jpg

Traveled quite a bit the last couple days and finally got around to plowing some FF4 3D. This is actually really good, though you need to follow a guide pretty closely on augments. So many are missable, or have to go to specific people to make later builds work, that it becomes a bit of a tedious puzzle without help.

All in all though I like this version of FF4 a lot. It's a challenge and it's deep. Playing on Hard.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
FF3 down! My favorite so far. Very kissable!

• I didn’t get 100% and finally said fuck it. Apparently I didn’t explore something as I’m missing the adventure thing, fuck it. I tried
  • holy cock the end is brutal, non stop massive aoe for 1.2k every round.
    bard is so op, same with geobro. Basically a group heal/dmg spell for 0 mana. Not sure how this game is possible without that. With 1 bard I could basically farm crystal tower all day and I’d end up max ho after each fight
  • for final fight i tried all sorts of combos and kept getting overwhelmed by that aoe. I finally gave in and did 3 bards and 1 dps. The bards healed each round and dps pew pewe’d. it took 25 rounds or so, but zero risk of loss

jobs were neat. many combos worked except for the final fights. Def. Enjoyed it. Taking a break before I go after ff4, next in my pixel remaster series. Thanks everyone!

• 3Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20230527_171823_FF4 (3D).jpg

Kain really makes Cecil his bitch on multiple occasions in this game doesn't he?

Coming up on the endgame and girding my loins for farming.

Here's my farm plan. Not gonna bother with most of the tails:

1st run: Pink Tails (5) or however many I can stand farming

2nd run: Just gonna plow through, finish Pink Tails, beat Geryon

3rd run: 2x Blue Tail, 2x Red Tail and whatever Crystal Rings I steal in the process, maybe farm Apples and Soma Drops to try and max stats, beat Proto Babil

Waiting for 3rd run for most of the farming since levels don't carry over.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20230529_030530_FF4 (3D).jpg

Man, it took an age and a half to get two Onion Shields for Cecil and Kain. They're a little underwhelming. Maybe they get way better over level 90 like they do in FF3 3D?

Gavinmad Gavinmad Think it's worthwhile to farm Onion Helms for Cecil/Kain/Edge? Everyone else is pretty much covered on those slots with Ribbons. Then again if they're only marginal improvements over Crystal and Dragon equipment then maybe I can skip it. Obviously Adamant Armor should be the highest priority. Leaving the Onion Sword / Crystal Ring farm for the third game because Red Dragons in this are worse than most bosses and the rings don't carry over. Need like 2 swords and 3 rings.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Where do you get the item that allows Gau to carry a weapon in ff6?

Im sure I missed a ton of stuff. Im like almost half way through the game and just figured out you can search walls for items.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Where do you get the item that allows Gau to carry a weapon in ff6?

Im sure I missed a ton of stuff. Im like almost half way through the game and just figured out you can search walls for items.
Merit Award, Coliseum, he can't use it in the PR.

View attachment 475534
Man, it took an age and a half to get two Onion Shields for Cecil and Kain. They're a little underwhelming. Maybe they get way better over level 90 like they do in FF3 3D?

Gavinmad Gavinmad Think it's worthwhile to farm Onion Helms for Cecil/Kain/Edge? Everyone else is pretty much covered on those slots with Ribbons. Then again if they're only marginal improvements over Crystal and Dragon equipment then maybe I can skip it. Obviously Adamant Armor should be the highest priority. Leaving the Onion Sword / Crystal Ring farm for the third game because Red Dragons in this are worse than most bosses and the rings don't carry over. Need like 2 swords and 3 rings.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Merit Award, Coliseum, he can't use it in the PR.

What I'm getting is that Onion gear largely kind of sucks unless you're level 99, then some of it is really good (Swords/Shields) but some still aren't as good as other things even at 99 (the helm, armor, and rings are useless).

Anyway I'll get two Onion Swords for Cecil/Kain to go with the shields, and probably farm 3 Ribbons in the third game for helms since apparently they're better than level 99 Onion Helm (wtf).

Weird how they added these new sets of super-equipment and made them suck until 99 and 3 out of 5 aren't great at 99 either. What a laugh riot!

Jozu

Im using a gauntlet with a healing rod and its very interesting. It hits for like 1400 (heals) given its 400 plus attack power.

Also are there some mobs that cant be learned through Gaus leap? I got him back after defeating a proto armor mob and he didnt get the rage. That is the only time that ever happened.

What would the Merit Award be used for then? To use a weapon with a healer type?

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
What I'm getting is that Onion gear largely kind of sucks unless you're level 99, then some of it is really good (Swords/Shields) but some still aren't as good as other things even at 99 (the helm, armor, and rings are useless).

Anyway I'll get two Onion Swords for Cecil/Kain to go with the shields, and probably farm 3 Ribbons in the third game for helms since apparently they're better than level 99 Onion Helm (wtf).

Weird how they added these new sets of super-equipment and made them suck until 99 and 3 out of 5 aren't great at 99 either. What a laugh riot!
Did you miss the part where an Onion Helm gives you 33 speed at lvl 99 and the Onion Shield gives you 33 stamina and status immunity?

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Did you miss the part where an Onion Helm gives you 33 speed at lvl 99 and the Onion Shield gives you 33 stamina and status immunity?

Did you miss the part where I said "some of it is really good (Swords/Shields)"? Also me wanting 3 Ribbons kinda indicates that I know the Onion Shield grants status immunity (two out of five chars can equip it though, so the other 3 need Ribbons)

The helm giving 33 Speed is one big thing it has going for it. I don't think it's too hard to max speed with augment-assisted level-ups though, if going to level 99. The Ribbon granting status immunity I think puts it well above the Onion Helm (better magic defense/evasion too).

Protect Ring is another situation. It cuts elemental damage. So do some shields, so PRs are good for the 3 characters who can't use shields (Crystal Rings for the two that do). The game only gives you two PRs though so more likely than not Edge is out in the cold for elemental resist unless you can get Ahrimans to drop a third PR. Which looks like a total PITA.

I do kind of like that FF4 doesn't have a clear-cut "this is the best equipment" setup and there are several things to take into consideration when trying to balance things out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Did you miss the part where I said "some of it is really good (Swords/Shields)"? Also me wanting 3 Ribbons kinda indicates that I know the Onion Shield grants status immunity (two out of five chars can equip it though, so the other 3 need Ribbons)

The helm giving 33 Speed is one big thing it has going for it. I don't think it's too hard to max speed with augment-assisted level-ups though, if going to level 99. The Ribbon granting status immunity I think puts it well above the Onion Helm (better magic defense/evasion too).

Protect Ring is another situation. It cuts elemental damage. So do some shields, so PRs are good for the 3 characters who can't use shields (Crystal Rings for the two that do). The game only gives you two PRs though so more likely than not Edge is out in the cold for elemental resist unless you can get Ahrimans to drop a third PR. Which looks like a total PITA.

I do kind of like that FF4 doesn't have a clear-cut "this is the best equipment" setup and there are several things to take into consideration when trying to balance things out.
I'm just trying to see how much time I can get you to spend farming tails bro.

Jozu

Haha, well said lad.

Life is very strange. The general experience for men when it comes to dating in 2023 is very difficult. I havent met a girl in real life that I hooked up with, in person initially, for almost 6 years. Every initial interaction has been online. So online dating just gives women the chance to be super picky, unless she is a whore. The whores arent usually kissable.

I wouldnt give up farming tail in the virtual world, just put some aside for RL too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Screenshot_20230529_131509_FF4 (3D).jpg

God help me

1/128 or so chance per battle in this version via unlimited Sirens. A lot better than FF4 SNES/SFC having like a 1/4000 chance, but a lot worse than the Pixel Remasters being like a 1/25 chance.

Not sure what motivated them to make all of these tails and drops so rare. If you want the best possible equipment you have to farm like 15 drops minimum that are 1/128. At least they can be divided up among the 3 playthroughs, except non-Tail stuff which should be in the third.

All in all this is probably the deepest FF game I've played in a while, between the gear farms and the augments. Optimizing is a whole puzzle in itself.

Chris

Potato del Grande
View attachment 475583
God help me

1/128 or so chance per battle in this version via unlimited Sirens. A lot better than FF4 SNES/SFC having like a 1/4000 chance, but a lot worse than the Pixel Remasters being like a 1/25 chance.

Not sure what motivated them to make all of these tails and drops so rare. If you want the best possible equipment you have to farm like 15 drops minimum that are 1/128. At least they can be divided up among the 3 playthroughs, except non-Tail stuff which should be in the third.

All in all this is probably the deepest FF game I've played in a while, between the gear farms and the augments. Optimizing is a whole puzzle in itself.
Why are you doing this to yourself?

I think my strategy of doing everything relatively low level and having challenging final bosses was better.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Why are you doing this to yourself?

I think my strategy of doing everything relatively low level and having challenging final bosses was better.

I'm just doing FF4 3D because it has the only superboss in the whole series that I haven't beaten yet (Proto Babil).

Also it's pretty easy to farm in a phone game when in waiting rooms or on a plane or whatever the case may be. Any kind of downtime = have something to do, load up the farming. Also while watching movies or shows. Really, doing anything, since it requires basically no input. Use a Siren every 2 minutes or so, heal Cecil every 10 minutes or so since I'm doing Draw Attacks / Counter/ Stardust. Fifth Pink Tail is taking forever to drop, almost done though.

Gonna also do After Years 3D because I didn't know it existed until now and I gotta take out whatever superbosses are lurking there too.

Weird thing about FF4 3D is that by far the two worst bosses in the game are Golbez (Dwarf Castle) and Dr Lugae soon after that. Both of them are right after another fight that has to be repeated if you lose. Not sure which of those two are worse, both are BAD in this version though. Kinda funny that the two hardest bosses are at like the midway point of the game. Gonna blaze through the 2nd game on Normal (with Adamant Armors) and then turn it back up to Hard for Game 3, farm two Onion Swords, and take Proto Babil out.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm just doing FF4 3D because it has the only superboss in the whole series that I haven't beaten yet (Proto Babil).

Also it's pretty easy to farm in a phone game when in waiting rooms or on a plane or whatever the case may be. Any kind of downtime = have something to do, load up the farming. Also while watching movies or shows. Really, doing anything, since it requires basically no input. Use a Siren every 2 minutes or so, heal Cecil every 10 minutes or so since I'm doing Draw Attacks / Counter/ Stardust. Fifth Pink Tail is taking forever to drop, almost done though.

Gonna also do After Years 3D because I didn't know it existed until now and I gotta take out whatever superbosses are lurking there too.

Weird thing about FF4 3D is that by far the two worst bosses in the game are Golbez (Dwarf Castle) and Dr Lugae soon after that. Both of them are right after another fight that has to be repeated if you lose. Not sure which of those two are worse, both are BAD in this version though. Kinda funny that the two hardest bosses are at like the midway point of the game. Gonna blaze through the 2nd game on Normal (with Adamant Armors) and then turn it back up to Hard for Game 3, farm two Onion Swords, and take Proto Babil out.
All this marathoning and you still haven't touched the greatest FF game of all time.

Depressing.