Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
FFBE is the newer game and is much more beginner friendly with the ability to reroll. FFRK is about to hit its two year anniversary and is very hard to get caught up in. There are so many required abilities at this point that it takes a long time to get yourself up to par.

I really don't think either is better than the other. I think FFRK has the better combat system but that's the whole game. FFBE has more to offer but is very shallow in each area.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
FFBE is the newer game and is much more beginner friendly with the ability to reroll. FFRK is about to hit its two year anniversary and is very hard to get caught up in. There are so many required abilities at this point that it takes a long time to get yourself up to par.

I really don't think either is better than the other. I think FFRK has the better combat system but that's the whole game. FFBE has more to offer but is very shallow in each area.
I keep asking what those abilities are... I've been farming record materia, but I can't seem to find a list of 5*/4* abilities that are "must have" beyond R2 fullbreak.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Full Break, the Breakdowns, all elemental JA spells, Curaja, Protectga, Shellga. These are the bare minimum abilities that a new player wants to get as soon as possible. Power Orbs and black Orbs become a very harsh bottleneck early on.

5 star abilities, in general, give you options when your synergy is weak and replace soul breaks to some extent. Full Break is the only mandatory ability IMO. The rest will depend on who you are using which is, usually, dictated by what relics you have. I've got a ton of Knight BSBs so Saints Cross was a no brainer for me. Likewise I've gotten a bunch of Mage BSBs so I'm putting priority on the Chain black spells but Major Black Orbs are always in very short supply. Powerchain and Full Charge is a great combo but is VERY orb intensive.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
What ranks for those?

R2 Full break
R3 Breakdowns
R3 -JA spells
R5 Curaja
R3 Protectga/Shellga

Those are my assumptions...

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Pretty much. You only need rank 1 or 2 protectga and shellga. Anything above that is a luxury.

Full Break needs to be rank 2. Rank 3 is a luxury but it's one of the best quality of life luxuries you can find.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Add Lifesiphon and Wrath to that list with how dominant SBs are, and maybe tauntaliate for certain fights. Unless you're running CM, those are really all the mandatory abilities you need - everything else is more or less a different flavor of damage abilities based on your characters / enemy weakness.

For 5* abilities the reddit thread has a pretty good breakdown - Result from the survey : Usefulness, Honing Rank and Most used 5* Orbs. • /r/FFRecordKeeper

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So record materia you have a chance to acquire with that hero being lvl 80 and in your party, totally random? or is it based on x number of fights or amount of xp earned maybe?

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
So record materia you have a chance to acquire with that hero being lvl 80 and in your party, totally random? or is it based on x number of fights or amount of xp earned maybe?
Well, there's 4 main ways to get record materias...
1) You usually get one for breaking the level 50 level-cap.
2) You can acquire another randomly before level 65.
3) You can acquire another randomly after breaking the level 65 cap.
4) You can acquire another when a unit hits level 99.

Sometimes numbers 2 or 3 require the unit to be in their realm dungeons to discover it (squall, tidus I think?), otherwise it's just "lol random". A lot of time the record materia are dependent upon having the previous one.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
Ahhhh....I was thinking they also had to be 80 because I've used squall for a long ass time to get his lionheart record materia and never got it. But having the previous one makes sense because I haven't gotten his one that you have to be in an VIII realm yet, so I guess its just not going to give it to me until I get that one.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Ahhhh....I was thinking they also had to be 80 because I've used squall for a long ass time to get his lionheart record materia and never got it. But having the previous one makes sense because I haven't gotten his one that you have to be in an VIII realm yet, so I guess its just not going to give it to me until I get that one.
Yeah, Squall requires him to find it in a VIII dungeon. So find the lowest stam one and just keep grinding through. You can turn on automatic-autobattle and set the time to 3 or 4 and just crush some of those early ones. Or just make sure you drag squall through any VIII events/dailies (are any dailies VIII?).

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Lucky Draw got me my first healer BSB: Selphie's Strange Vision. Unfortunately it's not a true healing BSB though. It's entry is damage and Magic / Mind up. Only one command is a single target big heal plus regen. The other command is damage and dispel. So it's neat but I still need a true healing BSB.

Two other 5 stars. Zell's Crystal Glove which is instant but random damage (irrelevant only a single target fight). And my last was Ashe's Stoneblade which is a dupe.

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I got Laguna imperil ice SSB and Shantoto quickcharge SSB

Neither is very good, but getting a synergy physical weapon for 8 is excellent, considering it's my first.

I've had Selphie's burst for a long time. Still have never used it. It's pretty bad.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Got selphie's burst too. What a weird relic, doesn't even get heal on entry although I guess it's a stackable buff for mage team. Also dupe Fran Ssb bow.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
Went 5 for 11 on the lucky draw, all new relics. 2x Vaan BSB, Zell BSB, Penelo BSB, and Laguna SSB.

Feels good man.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
I almost didn't pull on the lucky, but ah hell why not. 5/11 easily my best draw yet.

Ashe's sword SSB (dupe = 6* magic sword yay), Seifer's AOE SSB (stat stick sword!), Quistis' Armor (En-Bio Mage BSB on a wraith user!), Selphie BSB (because my 4th healer BSB is useful... if Nightmare dungeons were still a thing), and Zell BSB (which might be one of the better physical BSB's for straight damage? I recall this getting high praise).

I'm clearing content like a boss regardless, but lots of powerful options added to my team, and all-important VIII stat sticks. I still haven't taken on Ifrit, but it should be an easy win now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Balthier SSB dupe and Rinoa SSB

Grats on the great pulls yami and rengak, I'm jelly.

Rengak

Blackwing Lair Raider
I know this is asking a lot, but could someone build me a few teams? My current "A" team is Orlandeau (OSB), Cloud (OSB), Keeper, Agrias, Vanille. I haven't beat Ifrit yet, but have done the other mote dungeons. I also haven't beat the torment dungeons yet, but I haven't really tried them yet.

https://www.ffrkcentral.com/profile/HVq6

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Pulled, 1/11... Vaan's OSB. He's already in the team because of his BSB, but this makes it lol-awesome. I'm wondering how close to quintuple nines I can hit with his BSB, FB/breakdowns/minfilia's BSB.