Final Fantasy: Record Keeper - Mobile Gaming Cash Grab

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
This torment dungeon wasn't as bad as the previous two. I'm still not bothering with the D250's until I pull either a healer BSB, a runic, or an ether BSB, but this team cleared D200 easily enough:

Luneth -- Blood of the Wyvern, Sky High -- en-wind BSB
Auron -- Lifesiphon, Fire Blossom -- Bushido BSB
Tyro -- Silence Shell, Heathen Saranbade -- Wall
Ramza -- Lifesiphon, Fullbreak -- Shout, Tailwind
Vanille -- Curaja, Shellga -- Ether Medica
RW: Grand Cross

Auron's fire blossom handled most/all of the trash and Luneth's wind BSB did most of the boss dps work.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The 200 was the easiest by far. Cloud with his OSB just tore the boss apart. I might give the CM a try tomorrow but I'm out of stamina for the night. So the 250 and the CM will have to wait.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i've got way too much FF7 synergy already, but SSB+ and half priced is too good for me to resist.

Cid's Goggles
Light Rod (Reno SSB, one of the only FF7 mage sticks)
Crystal Cross (Yuffie's Blink SSB)

pretty happy actually, i didn't have relics for Cid or Reno, and only had a crappy Yuffie relic.

my girlfriend got Crystal Cross, Shotgun, and Cid's Shout knockoff Javelin.

Last edited:

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
The 250 wasn't bad. Used the same setup that I used for the 200 which is a pure physical group. Gilgamesh, Ramza, Sephiroth, Cloud and Lenna. Gilgamesh is used to clear trash with his BSB. I was pretty meh about it when I pulled it but that BSB has made Torments much more manageable.

The CM is kicking my ass though. I'm lacking a synergy group heal and shared heals aren't cutting it. I've nearly won a couple of times but I'm just gassed by the end and he goes down the line killing me off one by one.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i'm going to have to look up a guide for this fight, really wanted to do it without help but can't quite crack him.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
I beat the CM but that was one of the most challenging fights ever:

Zack: Bladeblitz and Drain Strike
Aerith: Curaja and Shellga
Cait Sith: Multi Break and Heathen Sarambe
Sephiroth: Darkmoon and Lifesiphon
Cloud: Aero Blade and Life Siphon
RW was Shout

Aerith and Cait both had shared group heals. It took me quite a few attempts to get through the trash and ready for the boss. But on my last run I got a blue healing potion, an ability restock and a green potion on the last wave. That made a massive difference.

For the boss the trick was to keep the souls silenced early to avoid their attacks. I used Darkmoon on Sephiroth to help with this and actually used Aerith's default SB as well. Now the key is to let the silence fall off around three or four rounds in so they go into possession mode. They're basically harmless if they are possessing characters. They miss more often than not and even if they hit it's not bad.

Needless to say I wouldn't have been able to beat this without Cloud's OSB. I went into the boss with 3 full charges. I worked him down about a quarter of his health and then unloaded on him. Climhazzard followed by 2 Finishing Touches was about 240k damage. But you need to work him down first and avoid the weak phase because a Meteor is an instant wipe.

My method worked but it was very RNG dependent since I relied on bursting him down before dying myself. In the end I actually mastered the CM but lost Aerith and Zack. Luckily Cait had a final charge for his group heal when Aerith died at the end. That easily could have been another wipe.

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So I've ignored these d200 torment dungeons up until now. I think I screwed up this first try. I'm guessing you want to get all your buffs up just before the final round starts, yes?

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Yes. Once the last enemy in the last round is nearly dead you want to buff up so you can go into the boss round ready to go.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Wow, after all those wipes I had on this it turns out that you can just cast Revive on it and one shot it. Still need to do trash though.

Wait no, that only worked 20 years ago. TWENTY. WTF.

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Was so sure I would be able to do the FF5 CM... but it's so difficult to keep up on healing even running 2 healers and normal regen. Feels like I would be able to beat it if I break everyone's level cap to 99 just for added surviveability but I guess I'll throw in the towel for now.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
i still haven't done any D250 Torments or the D200 FF7... kinda running out of steam with this game lately. this always happens to me between the big quarterly events tho.

yesterday was the first day in a long time where all i did was log in for my daily bonuses.

don't get me wrong tho i'm not quitting =p just taking it easy for a bit.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
and double greens til like march 12th.

the timing is funny, i must not be the only player burning out between quarterly events haha.

it's working tho i'm back to burning stamina

Healthfood

Golden Squire
Yea I take breaks between huge events. 180 stamina goes by pretty quick so I only need to log in roughly twice a day.

10 mythril means I pulled 3 ssb in the LD... can't complain with +20 attack to sephiroth I guess but didn't get anything that would allow me to do the torment ;(. Least we will be getting 45 mythril up to the next festival... really need OK burst to round up the mage team or cids osb cause it's badass. Some stacking debuffs would be nice too (ayame or fujin plz)

Last edited:

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Yeah the 10 mythil pushed me to the Lucky Draw.... Cid goggles, Vincent's fire attach SSB gun, and Sephiroth's BSB. Not sad about another BSB, but I'm not sure what I was expecting from the LD... just more synergy? I don't really run VII characters in my A-Team and I'm not even close to CMs yet.

Angelwatch

Trakanon Raider
Sephiroth's BSB is amazing and future proof. In fact it actually gets better as time goes on. The Despair command is one of the only sources of damage that ignores defense. So as bosses get more and more powerful you maintain consistent damage with his BSB.

It was super useful for the Support 2 Nightmare. You didn't really have to play with the doom counters if you used his BSB since you always did the same damage regardless of how many barriers were active.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
Kinda wishing I hadn't spent mythril on the FF7 LD... I forgot how bad my FF1 synergy is. Might buy some gems...

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
I'm completely ignoring the CM this event. My only synergy at all in FF1 is a 4++ sword, and all my FF1 characters are level 1 except WoL.

Not worth it (for me) to bother considering the next FF1 event probably won't be till next year.

ismaris

Silver Knight of the Realm
I am having a hard time with 200 Rubicante. I don't seem to have enough fire resist items, and my physical team is suboptimal for the fight. Is there some secret strategy I am missing here?