Final Fantasy VII Remake

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
No no, it's totally hidden. Sometimes it's a stretch of train tracks or a corridor or a tube. So many vistas.

Haha, yeah I think everyone knows about XIII. I've discussed how people complained about linearity being an issue with X before on here until they played XIII and saw how bad it could really be.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I don't mind early linearity where we're kind of on the rails for a bit before the rest of the game opens up. Just having the agency to explore the world map even if there's always a next thing you have to do to advance the story is enough most of the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

joz123

Potato del Grande
I didn't care about FF13 being linear. It was the difficulty that needed reworked. Almost every fight felt like a boss battle up till the point you can set your own party.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I didn't care about FF13 being linear. It was the difficulty that needed reworked. Almost every fight felt like a boss battle up till the point you can set your own party.
Battle system was too complicated in my opinion, switching between classes in combat was weird and FFX2 had already done it well.

Then the classes had new names so you were left wondering WTF a "Ravager" is when standard terminology like Hunters and Paladins are the same in every other game.

• 1EyeRoll
  • 1Salty
  • 1Faggotry
Reactions: 2 users

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
It was the opposite of complexity, it was actually because the only real resource that existed in any given battle was time. So unlike earlier games where fighting battles drained you of resources for future battles, every fight in 13 had to be able to fuck you over else it be just free levels.

The illusion of complexity came from the combat being dramatically sped up so you cant follow everything that's going on.

• 3Like

Siliconemelons

Midgar sucked... have fun spending 5 hours walking on planks and pipes above the trash yard and then spending 2 hours playing cloud the tranny for don

• 2Like
  • 1GreNeg
  • 1Picard
Reactions: 4 users

bigmark268

Vyemm Raider
Yeh 13s combat was awful. Even when I slowed it down all the way. It just felt dumb. It was more changing classes and watching then conciouslly choosing attacks I felt. And even thought my other 2 party members both have resurrect if purple hair died that was GO. Wth.

Malakriss

The boss battles were dumb cause exp was hardcapped for each chapter so you were forced to fight them with the super long "dev intended" bullshit

Chris

Potato del Grande
Full demo has been leaked, it's the opening bombing run up to the reactor exploding.

You can watch it on YouTube, seems pretty good.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
It’s high time we all argued about which was the best and worst FF, and posted our personal definitive list of which exact order they are ranked.

• 2Like
  • 1Tiresome

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It’s high time we all argued about which was the best and worst FF, and posted our personal definitive list of which exact order they are ranked.

Save that for the authoritative FF thread, this thread will be about which episode of FF7 was the best!

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Save that for the authoritative FF thread, this thread will be about which episode of FF7 was the best!

Im pretty sure it’s a rule that it must happen in every single FF thread on the internet, regardless of the thread’s intent.

• 1Like

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That rule would be about as dumb as if someone said 5 was better than 6 but not as good as 8

• 1Rustled

Chris

Potato del Grande
S Tier (Genre Defining)
VII

A Tier (10/10 Games):
X
VI
VIII
T

B Tier (Flawed - eg weaker story or battle system):
V
IX
XIV
IV

C Tier (Game wasn't finished, making it average at best)
XII
XIII
XV

D Tier (I'd rather gouge my eyes out than play this)
III
I
II
XI

Last edited:
  • 1Salty
  • 1Cringe
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Merrith

Damn, that demo looks absolutely sick.

The "best FF" discussion would be better if people posted their own preferences, like high fantasy v. steampunk/futuristic settings, set job roles v. being able to customize pretty much all characters, etc. Not many of them are actual "bad" games, even if I think some people are nuts to like certain ones, there always seems to be a vocal group that loves specific ones (all except XIII, really...you don't hear a large group defending that). Personally I think VIII is shit, too, but there's definitely a crowd that absolutely loves it.