Final Fantasy VII Remake

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
For more Chris hot takes, feel free to stop by the Ukraine thread for bangers like:

Oil just comes out of the ground!

Fucking steam engines, how do they work!?

I'm afraid you're not quite winning fast enough!

And that treaty doesn't count, I only signed it under duress!

• 5Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 6 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
For more Chris hot takes, feel free to stop by the Ukraine thread for bangers like:

Oil just comes out of the ground!

Fucking steam engines, how do they work!?

I'm afraid you're not quite winning fast enough!

And that treaty doesn't count, I only signed it under duress!
You forgot all you need to stay warm in winter is to own a coal mine deed.

Chris

Potato del Grande
You forgot all you need to stay warm in winter is to own a coal mine deed.
I was taking the piss at that point.

On the other side, I was being told that I would be having cold showers and no heating all winter. That didn't happen.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I was taking the piss at that point.

On the other side, I was being told that I would be having cold showers and no heating all winter. That didn't happen.
Yeah cause you were sitting on the coal deposit

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The forum experience has went way up since ignoring Chris. 10/10 would block again, highly recommend.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I also want to see Tifa and Aerith shack up. However I don't want any of this weird shit like "two timelines, in one Tifa dies and in one Aerith dies" or "in one timeline all the heroes were killed in a tornado". All of that is a massive eyeroll. If they had balls, they'd have Cloud die in Aerith's place in part 2 and then have Aerith/Tifa shack up in part 3. No idea where Zack would fit into all of this, hopefully not at all because he shouldn't even be alive.

If it came down to it I'd like to see this trilogy be as close to a 1:1 retelling of FF7 as possible, only with Aerith alive and Cloud dead.

I don't hate Cloud or anything but he's my least-favorite main character in FF7 and it isn't even close. He was cool when I was 14. Aerith and Tifa are both exponentially more interesting and they're both way too good for Cloud's idiot Shonen Protagonist ass.

• 1Smuggly
  • 1Hodjing
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Eh, if Cloud was going to sacrifice in place of anyone should be Zack. Still agree with Max's theory that saving Aerith will be a fake out, and the 2nd timeline will be snippets of seeing Zack follow same path as main party in their timeline (chasing Sephiroth/Jenova to Northern Crater). I guess only question I'd have in that sense is if Future Sephiroth is only present in Cloud's timeline and the Zack thing is just an unintended effect he doesn't know about, or if it's part of whatever his new plan would be.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
plz no bunch of alternate timelines or multiverse stuff

plz.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Isn’t that what this game already is?

We don't really know, but it's An alternate timeline from the looks of things. One is already too many, would rather they not compound the problem by adding more timelines and multiverse crap.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Zack's arrival outside Midgar happens at the end of September in the year 0007 (years since Wutai War ended). The falling snow / shards of light he witnesses upon his survival at the end of FF7 Remake was the finale of Before Crisis (2004 mobile game from Japan) which in universe was supposed to happen during October 0007. Presumably the timing of that event now coincides in the "alternate timeline" or whatever it is with less guards and no Turks available to assault Zack outside the city because they are dealing with the threat.

The game story happens December 0007 - January 0008 so there's not a large amount of time elapsed, but they also don't show anything besides Zack alive and a different dog mascot hinting that whatever specific detail(s) changed happened well before Zack reaching Midgar / the Turk's boss fight.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Who the fuck is Zack? It's been 20+ years since I played FF7 but I don't recall him, is he fabricated for this remake?

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
Who the fuck is Zack? It's been 20+ years since I played FF7 but I don't recall him, is he fabricated for this remake?

He is the main protagonist from Crisis Core and the one who knows Aerith first (he is the one who told her to sell flowers). He dies in Crisis Core and Cloud steals his background/identity. So he isn't a part of FF7 other than story elements. In the end of the remake, when they kill "fate", the cutscene shows the event where Zack dies, but now he lived through it and drags Cloud back to Midgar. So theory is that there are two timelines, now separated from fate (who dies and who doesn't), which will at some point in the remake (probably not until part 3) merge together.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Zack was the actual SOLDIER that Cloud went on some excursions with. His fucked up memories of himself being a badass SOLDIER were actually him thinking that he was Zack.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
He is the main protagonist from Crisis Core and the one who knows Aerith first (he is the one who told her to sell flowers). He dies in Crisis Core and Cloud steals his background/identity. So he isn't a part of FF7 other than story elements. In the end of the remake, when they kill "fate", the cutscene shows the event where Zack dies, but now he lived through it and drags Cloud back to Midgar. So theory is that there are two timelines, now separated from fate (who dies and who doesn't), which will at some point in the remake (probably not until part 3) merge together.

That sounds mega gay. I guess I know next to nothing about all of this extra shit they've built around FF7. I think I watched that movie from way back, don't remember its name, and I even thought that was weird back then.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Zack was the actual SOLDIER that Cloud went on some excursions with. His fucked up memories of himself being a badass SOLDIER were actually him thinking that he was Zack.

This reminds me of nu-StarWars and how if you want to know what's going on, you have to read their shitty side novels.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
This reminds me of nu-StarWars and how if you want to know what's going on, you have to read their shitty side novels.
It was like the second most pivotal point in the first game after Aeriths death. He has a mental breakdown and it’s revealed he’s not who he thought he was the entire time, it’s just been too long and your boomer brain forgot.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It was like the second most pivotal point in the first game after Aeriths death. He has a mental breakdown and it’s revealed he’s not who he thought he was the entire time, it’s just been too long and your boomer brain forgot.

Zack was named in the FF7 game? I know the Cloud reveal exists, but I do not recall anything about a Zack.

My GenX brain could very well have forgotten.