Final Fantasy VII Remake

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm in Dynamic mode. I think it scales enemies to your level like FF8.

A lot of simulator missions say "level sync", not sure if nornal mode has that.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm in Dynamic mode. I think it scales enemies to your level like FF8.

A lot of simulator missions say "level sync", not sure if nornal mode has that.

Normal mode does have the level sync for sim missions, too.

As for the completion %'s I 100%'d both first 2 outdoor areas. You get a ton of materia that way, and some of the craftable stuff really helps. Everything builds off the exploration, it's pretty well thought out. It's also amazing what a difference certain types of fights are depending on party make up. Had one combat sim set of 3 fights with all aerial stuff, and with v without Barret in the party was such a massive difference.

That said, I do like they have combo materia that you can get (Fire + Ice/Lightning + Wind)...and the elemental attacks the Folios unlock that cost no mp to use, they're just treated as abilities. Can really make fights flexible when easiest way to pressure/stagger something is to use their elemental weakness. The fact Assess level 2 scans everything and you get it there so quick is nice.

Malakriss

Finished Junon last night, took a few attempts in the first half of the parade game but then YOLOed to the end and hit the 100k trophy. Absurd how much time and effort they spent on Junon when we're barely there to do anything, hat tip to the graphics guys

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chris

Potato del Grande
Just got to Costa Del Sol. Very happy.

The tone shift between wacky 1997 shit in modern graphics and the serious tone of the main plot is ridiculous but they are all in and so am I.

Like I'm riding a fucking Dolphin around a racecourse popping beach balls and I think "yes this is EXACTLY like OG FF7, I know exactly which two scenes this is referencing".

I can't even complain about having to dig up treasure or climb up cliffs, that stuff was in FF7 too.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Just got to Costa Del Sol. Very happy.

The tone shift between wacky 1997 shit in modern graphics and the serious tone of the main plot is ridiculous but they are all in and so am I.

Like I'm riding a fucking Dolphin around a racecourse popping beach balls and I think "yes this is EXACTLY like OG FF7, I know exactly which two scenes this is referencing".

I can't even complain about having to dig up treasure or climb up cliffs, that stuff was in FF7 too.

Yeah I know there were some that were like "fuck all these minigames" and stuff of that nature, but that IS part of what made OG 7 so fun and them leaving in the wacky humor has been a breath of fresh air.

One random thing I've noticed is its good to check on your material supplies and see which stuff you're capping out on. Not sure I like the idea of capping at 99 stacks (although that was pure OG 7 as well), but good to make even smaller potions/items so stuff isn't going to waste. Or sell extra stuff for gil. I guess I should look at which sells for more, raw mats or made items, but that seems like more work than I care to put in for what is just a little bit of extra gil min/maxing.

• 1Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Nice

BD3CBC3E-C0A3-431F-A1D3-3DB8832E19AB.jpeg

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Played the demo. Awesome stuff. Ended up buying the game and damn near missed going to bar bingo. 😳 Can’t wait to play tomorrow.

• 1Like

Malakriss

Costa is a bunch of mini-games before you even get to the traditional region exploring, nothing too challenging but i get the sense there will be updated modes later in the game. The swimsuits do give a second "modest" option if you are the type to go that route.

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
Really loving this so far. There is a ton to do and I'm taking my time. Really need to finish setting my new PC up and getting my old one ready to sell but must . play . FF7!

• 2Like

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Halfway through the story (according to the HUD), went back and at least got the summons/summon stones from the earlier areas and the Chadley materia for each area, which didn't actually take long at all at this point. A few things I've learned:

-Early on, don't sleep on the "enhances [element] damage" parts of the sphere grid. I had each character with a different elemental spell attack (the game starts you out pointing you in this direction too), and tried to pair this up with elemental enhance nodes. This turns, say, Fire into "Fire alpha" and they do like 2x more damage, especially against weaknesses. It isn't a small upgrade at all. I did this with a few characters but not Cloud, who focused on physical stuff. He used Lightning a lot though so I shoulda gotten that node way earlier.

-If you're ignoring crafting entirely like I did, at least make sure that when you start getting "can't pick up any more of..." messages for materials, you go do some crafting. I kept going for a while and probably wasted a few dozen potential mats. Thing is, I assumed it was like most games where crafting wasn't great until later on when you got better mats or whatnot, but the thing is, your crafting has to "level up" to actually be able to make the better things, so it behooves you to craft things early and get the levels up for later even if the early items are super meh. Also, only make one of everything (unless the mats are plentiful and it's useful) cause you only get crafting exp for making something once and you want all your mats for the better stuff.

• 2Like

Merrith

-If you're ignoring crafting entirely like I did, at least make sure that when you start getting "can't pick up any more of..." messages for materials, you go do some crafting. I kept going for a while and probably wasted a few dozen potential mats. Thing is, I assumed it was like most games where crafting wasn't great until later on when you got better mats or whatnot, but the thing is, your crafting has to "level up" to actually be able to make the better things, so it behooves you to craft things early and get the levels up for later even if the early items are super meh. Also, only make one of everything (unless the mats are plentiful and it's useful) cause you only get crafting exp for making something once and you want all your mats for the better stuff.

As far as the making things only once, true for the most part, save useful stuff. Like the upgraded armor pieces you get recipes for if you do exploration. Can really help load party up with materia that way.

Malakriss

Tifa doing the sit-up mini game with the Costa swimsuit outfit on.. the devs knew what they were doing.

2nd challenger for sit-ups is AWFUL BUTTON DESIGN. The green indicator means they want you to half depress L2 or R2, wait and then fully depress when it fills. But the controllers are not made for that to be accurate at all and your natural instinct is to release and press again for the full. Whichever dev decided to do this is a retard.

Only got 3/4 to complete 2nd with 19. Now the 3rd one uses green or yellow. This is the first real bad knock against this game: half button depresses as a mechanic.

Beat 4th with primarily yellows on a 50 vs 49 run.

Last edited:

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
The Dyne/Barret stuff was really soul-crushing, as it should have been, they really nailed that part. Not sure how I feel about
Dyne's death being fighting against Shinra rather than taking his own life
yet though. That took some of the impact out of it.

• 1Pathetic

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Tifa doing the sit-up mini game with the Costa swimsuit outfit on.. the devs knew what they were doing.

Where does that happen? Costa? I thought I did everything there.

The piano minigame is pretty sick, music-inclined people on YT are going to create some awesome tracks with that.

Reached overworld area #4. Terrific music there, wow. Quick thoughts on the overworld:
Screenshot_20240303_001801_Messages.jpg

Lumi

Vyemm Raider
This game is amazing. 9.9/10 and should easily be GOTY.

So far only 2 very small things have slightly annoyed me

a) I kinda liked the old weapon upgrade system better

and b) it took me a minute to figure out how to change party members because apparently for some dumb ass reason you can't adjust your party through the...party option in menu screen like wtf lol

1709450598038.png

seems I ain't the only one and ya the upgrade weapons screen is completely fucking useless but these are all really minor things that can be easily fixed

other than that, no complaints really

Last edited:
  • 1Picard
  • 1Like