Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Umm, no, you will be doing ARR MSQ until you hit 50 and like 100 quests beyond that until you open up HW.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think they slimmed down the ARR MSQ?

Game runs at 1440p 144hz everything maxed out. Just need motivation to actually do shit. Last I left off I was doing Eden savage

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I think they slimmed down the ARR MSQ?

Game runs at 1440p 144hz everything maxed out. Just need motivation to actually do shit. Last I left off I was doing Eden savage
They haven't yet. Apparently they're cutting about 13% of the ARR MSQ.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
I am mid 60 on three classes, two that start at 1 and one that starts at 50 and I have 70 ARR quests to go. Plz kill me.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
If you power through it though it's not THAT bad I thought, I redid it on an alt and yeah a lot of it drags on but if you just go on autopilot for a while it's not so bad and around 2.4 it stops being completely shit, there's still too many quests but the story starts getting seriously interesting and is when the game really picks up its pace.

The 13% removal isn't going to be that much in the end but I assume they'll just simplify a bunch of quests too. Honestly just changing the turn in NPC to a NPC on the scene versus the Walking Sands would save so much time in a ton of these, and would basically require almost not other change since they can just play the cutscenes with no player in them with Minfillia talking via linkshell.

Flying mounts will also help a bunch with the annoying quests that had you running all over the place especially in Coerthas which was pretty big.

That said, 5.3 is a while away since they got delayed, probably late june.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I have tried to autopilot it the last two days. Problem is, autopilot is why i stopped playing last time so it may happen again. Oh well, sometime in in long distant future I will finish ARR.

Fucker

Log Wizard
What a good craft for Bard soon to be Machinist? I'm interested in utility/QOL for my character.

They gave me 15 extra days of play time for hitting 30 on new account. Strange.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
This isn't WOW. None of the crafting jobs will alter your play at all. You can make your own gear, and HQ it and such, but that's it. It can make alts a lot easier that way, but if you want to know which craft to do, just do them all along with gathering. They are decent to have at 80 to get loads of gil from leves.

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
Fun game still, but only L33. I only have one word for the ARR MSQ line: MALICE. Oh well, I am not far from being done with it.

It's weird playing an MMO and seeing lots of other people running around. Server I was on in WoW was totally dead. I'd do WQ's and even go entire days not seeing anyone else.

You're less than a third into it.

giphy.gif

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
The MSQ to level caps is maybe the fastest way to level, but all the mid-expansion content is an incredible backlog, often longer than the initial leveling path, and designed for level-capped players without need for exp gains.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
From my experience, once you get some of the Duty Roulettes unlocked it pays to hammer those. There's a shitload of MSQ gunk after the old 50 endgame but once you have MSQ Duty (Castrum/Praetorium) unlocked that provides a significant daily exp boost.

It is painful getting through all of the content to get out of ARR, the succeeding expansions are pretty solid though and never really felt like much of a chore to me even doing all of the quests to level. Some flavour side quests can send you off all over the place but if you just want to level up quick then hit every Duty you can.

If you just want to be as near as possible to current expansion and not so bothered about playing old content then, yeah, pay for the level boost. One of the big bonuses of doing that is it will unlock all of the Aether currents in Stormblood and all Aetherytes which saves a bunch of running around if you do want to fly in the old zones.