Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
There's one for each expansion except ShB and they will appear after you finish the x.0 questline. So finishing 2.0 you'll find it in Ul'dah, Finishing 3.0 the next will be in Ishgard, then 4.0 will be in Kugane.

• 1Moron
Reactions: 1 user

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Got my first lvl 80 about a day ago. I haven't finished the MSQ, but I've been trying other classes out. I really don't want to main BLM. Bard is ok, but I'm only 53 and that job hasn't come into it's own yet. I'm leveling up Lancer to try Dragoon.

1625718082727.png

Damn me for watching this video earlier. There are so many jobs I want to try.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I absolutely love DRG, though I guess there’s memes about us loving the floor. It’s so much fun, though, and you just look like a badass.

nu_11

DRG have stigma. They're like the melee version of a Huntard from WoW.

Was the same in FFXI.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Dragoon is awesome. Downside is that even knowing every DRG blames his jumps for his deaths, it’s still really easy to make the same mistake yourself.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
The stigma is largely outdated but it's more of a meme nowadays, dragoons used to have really really long animation locks on jumps and it was very easy to just die to shit while you couldn't move, you still have locks on jumps and you can still absolutely die to it, but it's much shorter so it's less likely in easier content and harder content you'll more or less learn to map your jumps around the bullshit. They're also one of the classes in the old days that could backflip off the Titan platform(and later leviathan), so that contributed heavily to their reputation, since back then people who went off platforms couldn't be rezed, generally leading to wipes or much harder kills.

But they're solid nowadays. If anything you're more likely to run into shitty Dancers and Samurais(the former because it's an "easy" class and it buffs others so less skilled players might gravitate towards it thinking they don't have to play properly, and the later because it's the highest damage class that also looks really cool).

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
So this happened, but there was no fate up. Just looked like a normal guy roaming around East Shroud.

Thought this guy had a Fate and was a world boss? Certainly hit me hard enough for one.

1625738936716.png

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
He's... complicated. He has a fate, and is a world boss, and is also a random spawn, as well as being a duty unto himself.

Odin is serious business.

Chysamere

FF14 Free Company Master
<WoW Guild Officer>
He's... complicated. He has a fate, and is a world boss, and is also a random spawn, as well as being a duty unto himself.

Odin is serious business.

Couldn't find him again after he oneshot me and the weather is normal, not all stormy, so not sure what is going on at all!

Juvarisx

Florida
So this Chocobo Racing / Breeding is a laggy mess that I cant stop playing. How is it shit can be boardline broken and still so much fun in this game

• 1Solidarity

Malkav

French Madman
Wtf. Weather affects certain mobs? That's awesome.

Some rare Fates and Hunt marks require certain weather conditions to spawn. That's why you have weathermen NPCs around, in order to know what weather is coming in each zone.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
He has a fate, and is a world boss, and is also a random spawn, as well as being a duty unto himself.
Odin is the TBC Fel Reaver of FFXIV. He suddenly appears during leveling just to dick punch you, until you get to a higher level, where you get a quest for it. Change my mind.

a laggy mess that I cant stop playing.
Well, that's FFXIV for you.

Grizzlebeard

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I've been stiffed twice now by the shitty housing rules in this game.

First time I lost a mil worth of furnishings when my old FC folded while I was on a break from the game and this time I lost 500k on having to hand back my apartment before server transfer.

Neranja

<Bronze Donator>
I think it is not cooling properly. I have throttlestopper to stop throttling, but then it just jumps to 95c, so yeah.
Did you smell alcohol at some point in time before the problem manifested? This could be a burst heatpipe, which then in turn lost it's filling. This is a problem with some laptop cooling systems, especially when they are running on the high end for longer time.

You could look on ebay for replacement parts. Repairing it yourself is probably not possible.

Morrow

Trakanon Raider
Did you smell alcohol at some point in time before the problem manifested? This could be a burst heatpipe, which then in turn lost it's filling. This is a problem with some laptop cooling systems, especially when they are running on the high end for longer time.

You could look on ebay for replacement parts. Repairing it yourself is probably not possible.
No, but that's a neat tip! The laptop isn't springloaded or anything. I've opened it up twice now and fiddled around. Once to add more RAM and once to remove the battery. But I don't think I'm gonna bother. I've been wanting to get a proper PC for a while now that I'm not moving countries every few months.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
So this happened, but there was no fate up. Just looked like a normal guy roaming around East Shroud.

Thought this guy had a Fate and was a world boss? Certainly hit me hard enough for one.

View attachment 361530

Others answered Odin questions, but cool thing about that fate is Odin takes on the appearance of the person who landed the killing blow the last time the boss was killed

• 1Like