Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

The actual MSQ part is good though, and very long compared to past Post-Expansions stories..

I've heard the new Taru Endeavor is hilarious also haven't done it yet though.

The MSQ also had clues on the next xpac. That odd letter Krile ignores and then Thancred talks to Urianger about “the client”

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
The actual MSQ part is good though, and very long compared to past Post-Expansions stories..
What I saw looked good. Not sure how 1/14th of Zodiark and a First Brood is a threat though. We already beat 8/14ths of Zodiark and Nidhogg individually. Surely it needs to absorb the entire thirteenth or at least Cloud of Darkness?

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
What I saw looked good. Not sure how 1/14th of Zodiark and a First Brood is a threat though. We already beat 8/14ths of Zodiark and Nidhogg individually. Surely it needs to absorb the entire thirteenth or at least Cloud of Darkness?

As Golbez stated at the end scene, it is "young" although Duranel Memoria Crystal being dropped into it while Zero was trying to capture it might have some odd repercussions, but from what we seen in the Echo Scenes maybe not. The "hope" that Azdja had when Vrtta showed up was what Golbez wanted from her, probably to increase the actual potency of however much Dark Aether/Zodiark there is sitting in that chasm.

Cybsled

Also, the way I took it, the biggest risk is Zodiark fragment empowered voidsent + fighting it in the 13th = way too much dark aether. Y'shtola noted that their wards were starting to fail and Azdja basically got instantly converted by darkness once the protective ward on her was removed. Even WoL isn't immune from too much aether imbalance, although they have a much higher tolerance level. Plus they actually have to fight Zeromus in the 13th to even have a chance of saving Azdja, since the 13th doesn't allow death (she would just straight up be dead if they killed Zeromus in the Source).

Now as for how to reverse transformation due to aether imbalance, we haven't seen that. Azdja didn't seem totally transformed, just overwhelmed with dark aether. Tempering is due to that, but they established that the porxie method didn't work on things that had been fully transformed due to imbalance in aether (aka, cant turn a fullblown sin eater back into a person). I'm sure Y'Shtola will MacGuyver some solution, since her proposed plan seems to be somehow channeling light aether from the 1st into the 13th as a way to weaken Zeromus/the massive dark aether imbalance

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Finally finished all of MSQ and the raid story. Didn't feel the raid story was underwhelming at all, honestly just made me want more. But pretty solid tie up to the inclusion of Elidibus, Lahabrea, and Lahabrea's family. The fights were fun and the music was great, too.

MSQ also pretty good, although I'm struggling to figure out how they're doing content going forward. Used to be expansion story would start in the X.4 and X.5 patches and run through the following X.3 cycle. They said EW would be finishing with end of 6.0, so I'm curious if all of this 6.1-what will be 6.5 void story will tie up prior to 7.0 or lead us into that. We did see the letter in Krille's stack of books and stuff, and the comments by Urianger/Thancred about someone wanting to hire them, but I'm hopeful there's a bit more lead in than just those vague references. Zeromus happening seemed obvious, though how they came to it I wasn't expecting. Guess Zero is potentially permanent part of the team going forward?

Cybsled

Additional thoughts

They did say they wanted to do a smaller scope story coming off the heels of Endwalker, so I suspect the next xpac might be more “localized”. I saw someone post a detail about the bunny boy talking about a homecoming in that one cutscene. That suggests next xpac we will be visiting the vierra homeland in some capacity. People are thinking Dalmasca and Othard region maybe…more of a heavensward style regional conflict vs the globe spanning stuff in the past 3 xpacs

I don’t think we are getting Mericydia in 7.0 now. I think they are going to save that for a bigger story…perhaps 8.0 and beyond. They’re more likely to focus on the “clouded” area of the world map first before jumping into new continents

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Finally finished all of MSQ and the raid story. Didn't feel the raid story was underwhelming at all, honestly just made me want more. But pretty solid tie up to the inclusion of Elidibus, Lahabrea, and Lahabrea's family. The fights were fun and the music was great, too.

MSQ also pretty good, although I'm struggling to figure out how they're doing content going forward. Used to be expansion story would start in the X.4 and X.5 patches and run through the following X.3 cycle. They said EW would be finishing with end of 6.0, so I'm curious if all of this 6.1-what will be 6.5 void story will tie up prior to 7.0 or lead us into that. We did see the letter in Krille's stack of books and stuff, and the comments by Urianger/Thancred about someone wanting to hire them, but I'm hopeful there's a bit more lead in than just those vague references. Zeromus happening seemed obvious, though how they came to it I wasn't expecting. Guess Zero is potentially permanent part of the team going forward?

They have been doing a lot of world building in general with the story lately its been mostly about getting travel between the reflections going, from finding the Fissure in Azdja Legacy, to creating the Atomos to expand it, but now they have a way to actually open gates, this is the first time we've seen a small hint from whoever is hiring Archons. As the devs said though we won't know who the new bad guy is till 6.5, we also still have the 12 story going they all are talking about something coming, which is why they are testing us now.

And ran the final circle last night, a nice bow tie on the whole Ascian Story

Cybsled

There is also that after raid cutscene where the person speaking goes “if the star continues upon this path…” like they have concerns, but never finish their thought on the matter

As for the 12 raid in 6.5, I think it will simply just be an extension of what Venat wanted. Don’t forget that Ancients considered it their duty to return to the life stream once they had accomplished their goals. The last raid dropped ultra massive hints that suggest the 12 are basically Hydalean versions of Ascians sworn to non-interference, so essentially ascended souls with memories. Some of the raid bosses literally have direct quotes from Elpis researchers.

I suspect they just want to make sure mortals can go on without them post-Hydalean and they’ll basically all die at the end of the raid. They seem keen to move on from the ancients and the 12 are effectively the last loose threads

Last edited:
  • 2Like

Merrith

They have been doing a lot of world building in general with the story lately its been mostly about getting travel between the reflections going, from finding the Fissure in Azdja Legacy, to creating the Atomos to expand it, but now they have a way to actually open gates, this is the first time we've seen a small hint from whoever is hiring Archons. As the devs said though we won't know who the new bad guy is till 6.5, we also still have the 12 story going they all are talking about something coming, which is why they are testing us now.

And ran the final circle last night, a nice bow tie on the whole Ascian Story

Yes I predicted after 6.3 that the destruction of the Fissure would prompt Y'shtola to do some research and figure out how to travel between shards so they could get back to the 13th, but to also facilitate travel to other shards after the fact. Now, they did kind of heavy handed say this new method they used to get back to the 13th would ONLY work b/c of its specific nature and wouldn't allow them to travel to other shards, but it wouldn't take much for them to state they built on this research to apply it to further travel to all the other remaining shards.

Still pretty convinced that Meracydia will be destination for 7.0, as it has tie ins to both the 13th and the dragons given the war that was fought there between the dragons and Allag (which dragged in voidsent form the 13th)...but we'll see what ends up happening in 6.5. I expect us to handle Zeromus as he'll be the final trial for EW, then 6.55/6.56 will be the usual 2 parter story that will lead into 7.0.

Cybsled

The moon 100% will be our eventual portal to other worlds, since Zodiark’s prison exists in every reflection. Y’Shtola figuring out how to channel light from the 1st to 13th will probably be the first step is widening the scope of portal destinations

They would still have to solve transportation issues to get to and from the moon, though. Mini Spaceships/Lunar Whale. Canonically, you can only get to the moon via Tower of Babel at the moment and the only reason there is an Aetherite on the moon in the source is because of the watcher and loperits, which may not even exist in the shards

• 2Like

Merrith

The moon 100% will be our eventual portal to other worlds, since Zodiark’s prison exists in every reflection. Y’Shtola figuring out how to channel light from the 1st to 13th will probably be the first step is widening the scope of portal destinations

They would still have to solve transportation issues to get to and from the moon, though. Mini Spaceships/Lunar Whale. Canonically, you can only get to the moon via Tower of Babel at the moment and the only reason there is an Aetherite on the moon in the source is because of the watcher and loperits, which may not even exist in the shards
Well, assuming you can survive the trip, you can also just ride on dragon back to the moon now, too haha

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
Well, assuming you can survive the trip, you can also just ride on dragon back to the moon now, too haha

Dragons are a special case though, as they were created to travel the Sea of Stars even Vrrta says so before going back to Radz to return his 2nd eye.. Where ever we are heading after all this, I think they've done a good job getting things in motion for future expansions, we got Meracydia, The 13th, and now the 11 other shards(eventually), and possibly "New World" with the gleaner making a statement about Home coming, "Client" whoever that is, also whatever else they find out in the Light Waste lands of the 1st, they've already said that Gaia is gonna play some kind of part of something in the future..

Cybsled

In terms of the homecoming line

Vierra on the Source are from the Dalmasca area, which we briefly visited in the Ivalice Raids in Stormblood. That is why I think we're going to be visiting Southern Othard/Dalmasca primarily in the next xpac now.

Chris

Potato del Grande
In terms of the homecoming line

Vierra on the Source are from the Dalmasca area, which we briefly visited in the Ivalice Raids in Stormblood. That is why I think we're going to be visiting Southern Othard/Dalmasca primarily in the next xpac now.
That's the least interesting part of the game IMO, you can take underdeveloped stuff like Crystal Tower from a NES game and build on it, but you can't do it to PS2 content.

Merrith

Dragons are a special case though, as they were created to travel the Sea of Stars even Vrrta says so before going back to Radz to return his 2nd eye.. Where ever we are heading after all this, I think they've done a good job getting things in motion for future expansions, we got Meracydia, The 13th, and now the 11 other shards(eventually), and possibly "New World" with the gleaner making a statement about Home coming, "Client" whoever that is, also whatever else they find out in the Light Waste lands of the 1st, they've already said that Gaia is gonna play some kind of part of something in the future..
I was mainly just making a joke about surviving the ride on dragon back. Also remember there aren't 11 other shards as potential destinations at this point, 7 have been rejoined, the 13th is what it is, and we've already been to the 1st. This leaves just 4 other shards that haven't been rejoined and that we haven't dealt with already. Agree they'll likely keep it closer to home for 7.0, though. Emet's statement about us not knowing much about even our home makes it seem pretty obvious.