Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cybsled

We going to New World, wasn’t expecting that. Graha eating that taco lol

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Melee and caster DPS getting added. Kinda surprised, I thought they weren’t going to add more jobs for a bit.

He’s wearing a TMNT tshirt which is the hint this time around.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Fest opened with the teaser trailer for the new expansion, Dawntrail.

Man I would rate that trailer under Stormbloods in terms of engagement.

I just don't feel the excitement, not in the same manner as Heavensward, Shadowbringer and Endwalker's trailers.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Man I would rate that trailer under Stormbloods in terms of engagement.

I just don't feel the excitement, not in the same manner as Heavensward, Shadowbringer and Endwalker's trailers.

Yeah, it’s hard to get excited for something brand new like this. But still have faith in the team so far to deliver something good. I can’t imagine I’ll hate it.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Secrets

ResetEra Staff Member
Melee and caster DPS getting added. Kinda surprised, I thought they weren’t going to add more jobs for a bit.

He’s wearing a TMNT tshirt which is the hint this time around.

My guess is "Adventurer" or maybe they'll go with XI's Corsair for the melee job. WoL also has a corsair-ish garb, with the scimitar and all. FF6 boss was teased, so I assume we'll have something FF6 thematically.

Given that it's New World, second job (Magical Ranged) may be Necromancer? I'm sure the magic one will be a curveball.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
My guess is "Adventurer" or maybe they'll go with XI's Corsair for the melee job. WoL also has a corsair-ish garb, with the scimitar and all. FF6 boss was teased, so I assume we'll have something FF6 thematically.

Given that it's New World, second job (Magical Ranged) may be Necromancer? I'm sure the magic one will be a curveball.

Yeah, I was thinking something swashbuckler-ish given the location and I guess dual-wielding swords from the turtle shirt. No clue on the Magic job.

Folanlron

Trakanon Raider
It's a new story, so they are gonna introduce it slowly but looks like Meracydia and New World are the locations(They did say that we would be staying on Etheirys.. )

Cybsled

Yeah, I was thinking something swashbuckler-ish given the location and I guess dual-wielding swords from the turtle shirt. No clue on the Magic job.

There was a big brain in twitch chat. The turtles are all named after famous painters. It will be a magic class like Relm from FF6

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
I missed the beginning of the thing, I know they talked about the graphics earlier in some PLL's. Any interesting new details/writeups?

• Graphics upgrade predominantly focusing on shadows, grass, and textures
    • Will be some minor updates to character appearances e.g. better eye and skin quality, but they wanted to be conservative with these changes because they are aware that many people have a "picture" of their Warrior of Light that they don't want to change.
    • Upgrade is not significantly more taxing to the system; PS4 will still be supported for now, though likely its last expac
  • Story is lighter and softer thematically; yellow/gold theme color like Persona 4; "giving the Warrior of Light the best summer vacation ever" per Yoshi. Central theme is "discovery."
  • New area is the New World, which is a North/South America analog. We are focusing on the Central/South America part. Aztec, Inca, Amazon, and Patagonia influences to areas based on what I can see.
    • Map does contain "fog of war" areas for Meracydia and the "North American" part of the New World, implying we might perhaps go there either as the level 99-100 area or in 8.0
  • Major story thrusts will be determining a successor for a Mamool Ja ruler in the New World and finding a lost city of gold
  • Scions will split into two presumably friendly rival factions to search for the city
    • Erenville (black Viera Sharlayan Seeker guy) seemingly promoted to main cast at least for this expansion
  • New BeastTribe group (Pelupelu) are traders who have coffee, mezcal, etc.
    • Ze Shoopuff guys from FF10, thanks Chris Chris
  • Gear now has two dye gradients
  • Glasses are added as a cosmetic-only (i.e. no stat) gear slot
  • Two new classes, melee DPS and caster DPS; identity not confirmed.
    • Leading contenders for melee seem to be Corsair and Sword Saint.
    • Leading contenders for caster are green mage and a Relm-style Sketch/artist mage.
    • Yoshi's t-shirt is always a hint; it was Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
  • New Gold Saucer attraction
    • NOT BLITZBALL per Yoshi
    • Collaboration with Fall Guys, basically "Ultimate Ninja Warrior" esque obstacle course
      • 24 man instance like Chocobo Racing
  • "Strategy Board" UI to help plan complex raid mechanics
  • Game is being added to Sexbox and Square-Enix is signing a longer-term deal with M$ to bring more games over
  • New unspecified "lifestyle system" which they are being vague about but sounds like an extension of Island Sanctuary
  • Housing furnishing limit is being increased and is slated for sometime during the expansion cycle but not 7.0; server team still evaluating how much it will tax things
  • Deep Dungeons are "being considered" but team is 50/50 on doing another vs trying another battle system
  • Free trial extended to Stormblood and will now include Ultimate difficulty raids
  • Usual stuff like new 24m, new 8m.

Last edited:
  • 6Like
Reactions: 5 users