Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Juvarisx

Florida
Bag full of shit like fireworks, and a token for more exp. Free.. pet, maybe a corgi? That you could get from doing other stuff as well. Was really lackluster iirc. WoW hasnt been one to really give a shit about their anniversary in quite some time. They'd rather charge you for shit on the cash shop. "Congrats on our 20th anniversary! Head on over to the cash shop and buy our 20th anniversary Mount!"

There are events starting throughout September for this 20th thing I read.

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
So, all three steps of this new relic are just a couple Hildy quests and some tomestones. Seems kinda lazy. I really liked how the weapon was tied into the Bozja/Zadnor story last expansion.

Cybsled

It is, but it does sneakily get more people to do the Hildi content since it is gated behind that. There are lots of cool trials as part of those quests.

I strongly suspect they'll have something Bozja-like in the next xpac for relics.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
So, all three steps of this new relic are just a couple Hildy quests and some tomestones. Seems kinda lazy. I really liked how the weapon was tied into the Bozja/Zadnor story last expansion.

This was likely because there were a lot of people who complained that the relics were tied to those type of exploration zones...the absence of a Bozja/Eureka relic zone let them spend dev time on the island sanctuary, apparently.

Personally I prefer a relic zone, but we'll see what they do in further expacs.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Lazy, yes, but good fucking luck trying to find a semi-competent group to pug Delubrum to get your Resistance weps nowadays unless you search for a dedicated Discord or something like that. Or worse, CLL.

That being said, I love Delubrum's mechs, and I'd love to see it get a Praetorium-like rework.

• 1Like

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Goal to get 5 Rival Wings wins per day to get the mounts is going swimmingly. Up to 25 wins and it only takes an hour or so per day. 6.5 isn't until October so if Rival Wings keeps popping instantly like this there will be plenty of time.

Also generated over 500 Moogle tomestones so far. Going to have to take a good look at what to buy to sell later for Gil. Maybe Samurai bardings?

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t been able to get quite as many wins in, but it’s at least progress. Have to say, I’m not really a fan of RW so far, though.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Is this just on a certain server or time of day? My rival wings queue times are over 30 min.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Is this just on a certain server or time of day? My rival wings queue times are over 30 min.

Primal DC, as far as I know, is having pretty much 24/7 queues for RW. I didn’t get to play any yesterday, so not sure if it’s still going strong. About to go play some this morning, so will see how active it still is at 8est. I think someone said the longest you should be waiting for a queue is about 18min and that’s basically if there’s just enough folks playing to fill a run and about that much time for a game to play and people to requeue.

There is also a discord out there that I can’t remember the name of that rotates RW events through the different DCs on a schedule. Not sure if they’re doing anything special for this event.

edit: 2min queue for me at 8:30am, so seems like it's still going strong on Primal.

Last edited:

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>

On Aether in the afternoon-evening. the earliest I've had my queue pop is like 12pm PST, but after that it's insta-queues for the rest of the night.

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
You can follow this or you can just queue on Aether from Afternoon to Midnight or so, either works

1693600737233.png

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Doing a wedding ceremony with my husband in game to weirdly celebrate our real anniversary on Sept 9 at 11est on Gilgamesh. Sent some invites out to the FC, but if you didn't get one and would like to come, let me know and I'll get you hooked up.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
ROFL Rival wings is a salt mine right now, the old pvpers are put in a space of dealing with people farming tomestones quick and hoooly shit the amount of salt I've seen has been historic.

• 2Worf
  • 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
ROFL Rival wings is a salt mine right now, the old pvpers are put in a space of dealing with people farming tomestones quick and hoooly shit the amount of salt I've seen has been historic.

1694156166770.png

9 more days and they can have their PVP mode back.

• 1Worf

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Finally hit the 50 wins before bed last night. Hopefully can finish this before the event ends. Think I’m over 1000 times now. It’s not a terrible mode, but my god, some people are raging cunts during these.

I try to be educational rather than a cunt but people who use Oppressors and try to missile players when there's a clear run to the tower or nexus drive me crazy.

• 1Like

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I try to be educational rather than a cunt but people who use Oppressors and try to missile players when there's a clear run to the tower or nexus drive me crazy.

It's 2 lane league of legends where you play the Objectives not the kills, kills matter but if you play the map, you'll get the kills. One map I was laughing because I had some insane number for player damage, I wanna say it was 10m or some absurd number where everyone else had like 900k.

The best part is the absolute salt that people have though. Suggest that people lower their expectations during the event? REEEE!!! Had someone swearing up a storm about how people weren't following directions and people weren't paying attention to the map, I just followed it up with a "You need to CALM DOWN!" and then hit them with the "It's just a tomestone event!" you'd assumed I'd gassed their entire family after what they said next LOL. Since all the drama queens who play XIV are spergy as fuck, this works amazingly well to get the salt flowing.

• 1Like