Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

sakkath

Trakanon Raider
Just did a bunch of Wolves Den for the first time and... this is the worst BG implementation I have ever seen in an MMO. The class balance is terrible and it is just not fun. As a black mage my entire reason for existing is to sleep and run away from melees. A melee on me means I can only cast instance cast abilities, so yay scathe. I came up against some really bullshit stuff like a white mage who seemed to be permanently immune to snare, a team with 2 summoners who used their ifrit mega nukes to one shot someone at the beginning of the match.

Also something which just made me laugh.. To buy the i90 PvP gear you are going to spend 4-5 HOURS standing in the Wolves Den foyer waiting for the gate to open, PER PIECE. And this is assuming you win every match. If you only have a 50% win/loss ratio it will be more like 7 hours per piece. How's that for grindy? You get to stand there doing absolutely nothing for days to get your suit of PvP gear.

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
lol pvp.

Might be the first time I ignore a pvp implementation entirely, I see no reason to bother.

Thraka_sl

shitlord
Top tier 4v4 = Dragoon/Warrior/Summoner/Scholar

Also if you go in with PVE gear you're going to get blown up. PVE gear is garbage outside maybe an allagan weapon.

Soriak_sl

shitlord
I got a digital code for FFXIV as part of a "$30 discount" promotion. If anyone is looking for a first/second account and wants to pick it up for $15 or so, PM please.
wink.png

InterSlayer_sl

shitlord
I've enjoyed PVP. It's not WoW BG's, more like WoW arena's or GW2 SPVP rated with solo or group queues.
Yeah the PVP rewards system seems crazy. It's pretty reminiscent of WoW's original HWL/GM system when PVP came out and lolnothx. Will wait a few months when they nerf it down.

I just got my Bard to 50. Levelling through fates now is a struggle, surprisingly. Queueing for Dungeons in the duty finder is good for the first Random (got 150k or something for one run), but after that level appropriate dungeons are hit or miss in terms of group success which is frustrating.

Interestingly, the new player commendation system is neat. Really good way to promote positive reinforcement of people being helpful and generally not assholes.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Unfortunately 90% of people just auto commend tank/healer and us dps get no love :/

Anyone else feel like the gear level requirements for Haukke hard / Pharos are out of whack? I can't see a ilvl 48 group ever beating HM, the last boss dps check would be impossible. Pharos they wouldn't even beat the first boss.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
Joining dungeons or ct in progress is a great way to get commendations as a tank. I've joined on last bosses and got commendation from that several times I think

Chancellor Alkorin

Part-Time Sith
<Granularity Engineer>
HM isn't nearly as "hard" as Pharos, though they're both easy if you have the gear. I'd say Copperbell is harder than either of them in that people have to actually pay attention. But, yes, I'd say the requirements are out of whack for the level of difficulty. I don't see an avg i48 anything doing well in Pharos.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I've enjoyed PVP. It's not WoW BG's, more like WoW arena's or GW2 SPVP rated with solo or group queues.
Yeah the PVP rewards system seems crazy. It's pretty reminiscent of WoW's original HWL/GM system when PVP came out and lolnothx. Will wait a few months when they nerf it down.

I just got my Bard to 50. Levelling through fates now is a struggle, surprisingly. Queueing for Dungeons in the duty finder is good for the first Random (got 150k or something for one run), but after that level appropriate dungeons are hit or miss in terms of group success which is frustrating.

Interestingly, the new player commendation system is neat. Really good way to promote positive reinforcement of people being helpful and generally not assholes.
fating has became incredibility difficult in N.T. I am just grinding leves now, in hopes of ......going somewhere. dailies do help a little. i got some nice exp after 42.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
HM isn't nearly as "hard" as Pharos, though they're both easy if you have the gear. I'd say Copperbell is harder than either of them in that people have to actually pay attention. But, yes, I'd say the requirements are out of whack for the level of difficulty. I don't see an avg i48 anything doing well in Pharos.
I went into Pharos last night for the first time, have done copper/hm hard probably 10 times. I was the worst geared in the group at avg. 61 and we had a really hard time. Barely killed the second boss (Zu?) with 5 minutes left. Even with experience in every preceding dungeon, the difficulty jump in PS is ridiculous. I don't care how good you are, no group meeting minimum reqs are going to get past the entrance boss. Should be raised up to ilvl 55, at least.

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
2.1 rocks. I'll elaborate more tomorrow. I'm just some guy who has yet to level anything past 30 because I get bored and quit. I believe that changes now. I could also decide to just play the game and say leveling/roulette/dungeons is making it a hell of a lot more tolerable. I never fucking ever participated in that FATE train stuff beyond an afternoon.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I myth capped through chain In Progress CT at 2/4s. Barely missed finishing Acheron at 5% before timer ran out since it was sub-30 and everyone bailed at behemoth thinking it wasn't doable.

Kaita

Golden Squire
I haven't played this yet and I'm thinking about it for ps3. Is it possible to duo with friends and voice chat? Is it enjoyable on the console.

Valos

Golden Knight of the Realm
Any class can do stuff, if you want faster queues you'd want to be a tank and a healer. I dont think the PS3 has voice comms, but you could setup voice comms on a computer and do a wireless headset deal. Also, PS3 is not the best version of it to play. Luckily you can upgrade to the PS4 version for free when it comes out.

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
Allagan items reverted.

Has a date been set for the Allagan gear rollback hotfix? - Page 5

Allagan Circlet of Healing
Before: MND+18, VIT+18, Determination+15, PIE+11
After: MND+18, VIT+18, PIE+16, Critical Hit Rate+15

Allagan Breeches of Healing
Before: VIT+29, MND+29, PIE+26, Critical Hit Rate+24
After: VIT+29, MND+29, Spell Speed+34, PIE+18

Allagan Boots of Casting