Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that's specifically what I'm talking about. Why is there this forced retrospective while I wait on the train platform? Why am I carrying around a RANDOM vial I found.

Seeing Rambauh rage out was great, but the rest of it just isn't as good as everyone posted it would be.
The story explained the vial.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
The story explained the vial.
Yes I understand that. What I don't understand is why (when I suspect treachery and have been forewarned of it and experienced previously) I would carry something like that around.

HERP DERP Let's carry this random item I found when a friend didn't show up at a meeting! I already knew there were traitors in the Braves, why wouldn't I suspect that was a plant?
Because the story is stupid and requires it.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Apparently the trash encounter in A1 Savage (Faust) requires 6.9k raidwide DPS or it's a wipe. Considering that most DPS classes are hitting a ceiling around 1200 DPS, that leaves 2100 to be picked up by the tanks and healers. Holy crap.

Gonna roll in with my static tomorrow, but I don't know if we'll pass that. I already know that our DRG's DPS is pretty low and I don't know if our WHM even knows how to DPS. Guess I'll find out the hard way.

Xalara

Golden Squire
Not surprising, most people will need esoteric gear to do it. I am happy the first encounter is a hard DPS check, means it'll be very easy to weed out the people who suck at being DPS, which unfortunately is most of them.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I just wanna say I'm really enjoying the Heavensward content a lot more than anything prior. They did a much better job, there aren't many gaps in levelling that I've seen leaving you running dungeons and fates endlessly or doing leves to fill in the voids, the story is good, the zones are pretty decent. Nowhere near as many fed ex type quests.

55 and through with Dravanian Forelands today, almost halfway to 56. Ravana was interesting, the two dungeons so far have been okay, nothing too memorable.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I just wanna say I'm really enjoying the Heavensward content a lot more than anything prior. They did a much better job, there aren't many gaps in levelling that I've seen leaving you running dungeons and fates endlessly or doing leves to fill in the voids, the story is good, the zones are pretty decent. Nowhere near as many fed ex type quests.

55 and through with Dravanian Forelands today, almost halfway to 56. Ravana was interesting, the two dungeons so far have been okay, nothing too memorable.
The dungeons have some pretty good fights as you level up, though that also means in shit groups they're a pain. Vault last boss is probably the best dungeon boss fight in the expansion, mechanics wise, it does a lot of simple stuff that makes the fight kinda interesting. I guess technically the last story trial is better, but it's also tuned way too low since it's a story trial so you can kinda bruteforce everything, even at i145.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, the HW 3.0 story is ace. I can't think of any other MMO or xpac in the last 10 years that I have enjoyed more in fact. I feel like most of the 2.0+ MSQ suffered from rehashing/retconning (for lack of a better word) the original abortion of a release. Even the the old, boring scion models seem to be getting revamped.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
So churning mists and hinterlands seem to be the new hotspots for fates on my server. Are people moved out of Nthan in others ?

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So churning mists and hinterlands seem to be the new hotspots for fates on my server. Are people moved out of Nthan in others ?
There's some on Ultros, but a lot are still doing Nthan. The xp penalty for being lower lvl is pretty rough from what I've tested, at 51, a Coerthas fate gave me 32k xp, a hinterlands lvl 52 fate gave me 29k xp, a churning mist 54 fate gave me 27k xp and I didn't try hinterlands, but it was pretty funny cause the higher the level, the least xp I was getting. I guess doing like churning is still good because of 2 TP and stuff, and hinterlands is probably great for that shitty lvl 58 but if you do fates solo/in a small group, you're better off doing zones of your own lvl than the cookie cutter stuff. Beats doing fucking Nthan though so whatever.

On a different note, crafting seems way fucked this patch. I don't think I'll bother doing anything. Maybe capping red scrips if it's easy enough to do, but that's it, I'm not crafting any of these crafter AF stuff, it's just ridiculous grind+time gated shit, they can go fuck off with that.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
There were a ton of people in the 53-59 range in churning mists, and 2 solid groups of 57-59 in hinterlands. The nice thing about both zones is the sheer number of boss target fates, which have very low health the first few times around and did fast. But yea it got slower as time went by. I did get all of 58-59 purely from fates in those zones today, something averaging over 1 mil xp an hour, faster than dungeon grinding for me

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
What are my options for gearing up to hit illvl requirement for regular Alexander? Just law tome ? I guess esoteric too but am trying to do it soon

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Faust down, Oppressors down to about 50%. Might be able to clear tomorrow, though we haven't seen the enrage yet.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
So got up and running on PS4 today and it's not too bad. I bet my DPS is subpar but don't need to worry about that yet.

Came pretty close to finishing the first patch in the main quest. That got me about half a level.

Will be on all day tomorrow and Taggor Bren is the name on Gilgamesh for now. Chat sucks with a controller, going to look into kbm on the PS4.

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Made a D A N K M E M E to celebrate tonight's raid.

Really loving the mechanics on A1 Savage. The boss is extremely well-designed, IMO.

rrr_img_104491.png

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Yeah I'm done with crafting with this patch. The red script gate/grind can suck a dick. No Thanks.

I will finish off getting wvr/arm to 60 and make the i150 craft/gathering gear and put it on the back burner until changes are made.

Btw, why is the 58 alchemist quest gated behind a master 3 book? Retarded and its probably not the only one.

Vulg

Golden Knight of the Realm
Yeah, the HW 3.0 story is ace. I can't think of any other MMO or xpac in the last 10 years that I have enjoyed more in fact. I feel like most of the 2.0+ MSQ suffered from rehashing/retconning (for lack of a better word) the original abortion of a release. Even the the old, boring scion models seem to be getting revamped.
Maybe it's because my first experience was with a Sith Marauder, but SWTOR stomps all over this in my book. The dialog is verbose and awkwardly formal and I just want the 'good guys' to die fiery deaths most of the time...