Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Anyone recommend a good primer / blog for shit not to miss as a total noobie? I have heard you can gimp yourself if you pass over some game stuff and their is no notice saying **DO THIS IT IS IMPORTANT**
rrr_img_114632.jpg

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
2 questions...

Anyone recommend a late night server? I am a night shift nurse that works weekends so I tend to play 7pm to 7am mon - thurs.

Anyone recommend a good primer / blog for shit not to miss as a total noobie? I have heard you can gimp yourself if you pass over some game stuff and their is no notice saying **DO THIS IT IS IMPORTANT**

Much thanks
Guide:progression and Level Locked Content - Gamer Escape's Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV, FF14) wikihas all the stuff to unlock. No idea about servers.

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
At a quick glance two things stuck out. Companions staying out when your on any mount and a possible Mudra lag fix!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Is there a casual rerolled group on gilg? I transferred and I'm looking for a guild.

Fifey

Trakanon Raider
Does the MSQ ever quit being awful? Feels like I can't do dungeon runs cause I'll out level the MSQ. I'm 27 now and just got to getting a chocobo.

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
so am stuck in a 20 hour layover in hongkong while traveling and will be on patch day. go out and explore the city or hole up with some wifi and get in on some airship bs. decisions decisions

Nehrak_sl

shitlord
so am stuck in a 20 hour layover in hongkong while traveling and will be on patch day. go out and explore the city or hole up with some wifi and get in on some airship bs. decisions decisions
1am (PST) Void Ark blind runs, naturally. Anything else is beneath you!

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Aww yea, going to re-up my sub tonight when I get home from work. Been waiting for the patch.

Edit: Just saw Kirin can now fly, woot!

Jabberwhacky

Lord Nagafen Raider
I started this up about a week ago, and first off, if anyone is in need of the base game or the expansion, GreenManGaming has a 20% off sale. I picked up Heavensward for a smooth $32.

Highest I ever got was 27, and I've plowed through up to 49 on my Warrior with the full intention of going DRK asap. I just completed Cape Westwind (Trial) and did the remaining story quest up til the guy has a red quest icon requiring lvl 50. Only then did I hit up a website to see the access quest for Ishgard, and when I started clicking the "this quest requires ______ quest" it just never ended...I must have gone through at least 50. All level 50 MSQ and all stemmed from that original. Is that right? Do fresh level 50s have a metric shit ton of quests to slog through before accessing the new classes?

Fennin

Golden Knight of the Realm
I started this up about a week ago, and first off, if anyone is in need of the base game or the expansion, GreenManGaming has a 20% off sale. I picked up Heavensward for a smooth $32.

Highest I ever got was 27, and I've plowed through up to 49 on my Warrior with the full intention of going DRK asap. I just completed Cape Westwind (Trial) and did the remaining story quest up til the guy has a red quest icon requiring lvl 50. Only then did I hit up a website to see the access quest for Ishgard, and when I started clicking the "this quest requires ______ quest" it just never ended...I must have gone through at least 50. All level 50 MSQ and all stemmed from that original. Is that right? Do fresh level 50s have a metric shit ton of quests to slog through before accessing the new classes?
Yep, you have to get through 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5 and 2.55 to access Heavensward. Basically every major content patch.

7th Astral Era Quests - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn Wiki - FFXIV / FF14 ARR Community Wiki and Guide

Sinzar

Trakanon Raider
If you just skip cutscenes and blow through it asap, you can get into heavensward in 1-2 evenings of questing after hitting 50.