Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
I suppose with my friendship hat and my "new ring" or whatever giving 60% bonus xp it wouldn't be back to blow through like 1-20 on a secondary class. I do really want to roll a tank class of some kind to take advantage of the duty finder rewards. I'm on Behemoth, and it's been 100% tank rewards for the class in need thing, and the payout in grand company currency seems HUGE for doing it.

I've been saving all my guild leves to burn on my botanist, as they seem like the only real way of gaining ground there. Mass tree chopping sloooooow, and the newly discovered bonuses are really only good for about a single level it seems before you have to wait for the next 5 interval to be able to harvest the next node.
Didn't see it mentionned but there's also a 100% xp bonus when leveling any class that's lower level than your highest. Or I think it was 100%, been a while. Changes to 50% once you reach 50. So while you don't get quest xp anymore, it goes pretty fast doing fates or dungeons. Dungeons especially are super fast, mostly the queues are annoying if you're not lvling a tank/healer, but if you are, you get levels really quickly.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Didn't see it mentionned but there's also a 100% xp bonus when leveling any class that's lower level than your highest. Or I think it was 100%, been a while. Changes to 50% once you reach 50. So while you don't get quest xp anymore, it goes pretty fast doing fates or dungeons. Dungeons especially are super fast, mostly the queues are annoying if you're not lvling a tank/healer, but if you are, you get levels really quickly.

Yea I had to start over as pugilist today as it turns out that's required for ninja, and was able to do like 1-12 pretty damn quick just punching mobs and doing fates when they pop up. I've still got some quests left in the teens range I can do so getting to 15 shouldn't be a huge deal, then it's time for all the weeby hand ninja jitsu.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Supposedly there may be an option in 3.4 to (finally) banish the spam bots. I'm secretly hoping that we can gang up on the farm bots too. I counted no less than 120 starting from scratch last Friday or Saturday, almost all of them Thaumaturges.

I seriously don't get how stricter methods haven't been employed yet. I imagine it's to counteract chargebacks, but... ?!?!?!
While doing Ixal one day I spotted some level 9 enemies being slaughtered from nowhere. There was no less than 16 low level archers underneath the terrain auto-attacking and I had to wait to see their level up messages to report the names.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Currently, the second best use for them is in relic parts, and that assumes you're doing one of the below:

- 2.x Relic Zodiac -- Bombard Cores - 20k each, need 4)
- 3.x Relic Anima* -- Moonstones (4k each, need a set of 5 per turn in for 1 sand; need >= 80 sands)

There are uses, endgame wise, but mostly I just dump mine into ventures for fueling my retainer farming habits.

Sweet thank you for this. I will start buying moonstones with them in preparation for that step. With any luck I'll have enough by the time I reach it. Someone should put together a list of all items you should buy/farm as you play if you want a relic. Then you can just do your thing and once you have them all go do the relic.

I played for about a month with maxed out tomes and GC seals not knowing I could have been stockpiling unidentifiables and shit.

Asmadai

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Yeah best way to maximize the resources on relic, spend all them poes on unidentified that you can buy, and try to get the eso unidentified items via beast tribe tokens. Or as many as you can. And run the Crystal Tower trio once a week for Aether Oil. Spend as little eso as you can on unidentified stuff, that way you can save it to buy Umbrite.

Rangoth

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, that's my point. As I did relic I did it by using the wiki and one step at a time policy. This was a mega-fail considering the level of farming required(absurd). There were many times where I was maxxed out on tomes or seals and just wasted them on crap because I didn't know that in 2 more relic steps I'd need 50,000 of them :( Could have put like a 25% dent in the unidentifiable thing before I even hit it :(

Malakriss

Anyone here do high end crafting still? Trying to get caught up and biggest issue I'm seeing is no reliable way to get the materia V like the combat versions, is it dumb Arges luck in aquapolis and insane spiritbonding sessions as the only ways?

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
I used to have 50 craft in ALL....I guess they raised it to 60.....and I am trying to transfer my old account to new one....

Molten Core Raider
Anyone here do high end crafting still? Trying to get caught up and biggest issue I'm seeing is no reliable way to get the materia V like the combat versions, is it dumb Arges luck in aquapolis and insane spiritbonding sessions as the only ways?
Unless you're just hellbent on hitting the stat caps the rank IV materia from the Ixali dailies should cover any crafting currently available in the game. If you do want to min/max, this reddit thread gives some pretty good info on how to get em: Crafting Materia V Convert Info

Malakriss

Aside from tools even Ironworks pieces can be maxed by simply putting a Control V into the guaranteed meld slot and then doing 2,3,4s for the rest. That's probably the extent I would go towards min/maxing but that spiritbonding route isn't any better than the prices for Control materia because they take diadem mats.

Xalara

Golden Squire
I don't think there is a point to melding any of the level V crafting materia into the Ironworks gear. I doubt the next level of crafting will need those extra few stats. Full disclaimer: I melded Control V, but I also have hundreds of millions of gil to waste.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
I'm going to be testing this soon via Carbonweave (gathering). I have to double check, but I think I recall correctly that it has a fair chance of grade V materia. Carbonweave with two materia in them spiritbond absurdly fast if worn for legendary Miner/Botanist nodes. 1%/strike is nothing to sneeze at, at all.

I'm also calling it now for the 210 anima nerf to see if I'm precognitive:

- Same amount of unid's needed, but 300 tomestones (poetics, esoterics) for each one, beast tribes slightly faster (6 tokens each for 2.0 tribes, perhaps? unchanged for Moogle, 6 for 3.0)

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
For crafter Vs, Carbonweave and similar tier items work alright. When I was trying for them on the regular, I would get a V out of every 3rd on average conversion. It's why sewing thread (used in carbonweave tier stuff) is like 1gil per piece because everyone is mass combining it to get spiritbond with carbonweave/etc. I was able to get a full set of 100% slot Vs from that and the moogle tribe stuff, so it is definitely doable. But be prepared to get a -lot- of thunder/wind crystals. Because it takes like 120+ (even with melds and a spiritbond potion) combines to max a set.

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
Sheesh, I'm kind of scared about how I got some of it right for the relic nerf. I didn't think they'd lower the unidentified count, allow 3.0 tomestones for all of them, AND super-nerf the crafted parts on top of that. Totally called the price reduction for 3.0 beast tribes and tomestones though. \o/

That's going to take, what, a full day to get now without doing beast tribes?

Kriptini

Vyemm Raider
Sheesh, I'm kind of scared about how I got some of it right for the relic nerf. I didn't think they'd lower the unidentified count, allow 3.0 tomestones for all of them, AND super-nerf the crafted parts on top of that. Totally called the price reduction for 3.0 beast tribes and tomestones though. \o/

That's going to take, what, a full day to get now without doing beast tribes?

Seriously, they nerfed the relic grind by like 70%, so I'm going to actually do it now. Can't wait for all the crying about it on the subreddit!

Malakriss

I would have rather them revamp Diadem already rather than cut it out like they did with the GC seals. Now I expect a nerf to hunts when the tome rollup happens based on how cheap everything went.