Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

a_skeleton_02

<Banned>
Finally got those blue jeans from veterans rewards.

unknown.png

• 1WTF
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lodi

Blackwing Lair Raider
TL;DR the thread - is there any form of ISIS left still? Is there a group here running a discord or...? Gonna try this for the 6 day or whatever trial and I need a sensei(s)!

(I'm still on Gilgamesh. Name: Doctor Kreiger)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

dvoraen

Lord Nagafen Raider
TL;DR the thread - is there any form of ISIS left still? Is there a group here running a discord or...? Gonna try this for the 6 day or whatever trial and I need a sensei(s)!

(I'm still on Gilgamesh. Name: Doctor Kreiger)
Very few of the ISIS crew remains active now, to my knowledge. I'm pretty sure I can count them on one hand, but I could be wrong.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So last night, I'm doing the Grand Company crafting dailies, and hit 25 on my leatherworker. So I went and did the level 25 leatherworker quest which was to make HQ Toad Leather, I have 75 skin to make the leather.

So I check online to see if the skin is used for anything else, nope only used to make Toad Leather. I decided to make all 75 of them, took me to 30, did the level 30 quest which took me to 31.

Good night for leatherworking. Now I have 75 Toad Leather, just hope I can find a few good leves with items made from Toad Leather and I can probably get another 5-10 levels from this. :)

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
So last night, I'm doing the Grand Company crafting dailies, and hit 25 on my leatherworker. So I went and did the level 25 leatherworker quest which was to make HQ Toad Leather, I have 75 skin to make the leather.

So I check online to see if the skin is used for anything else, nope only used to make Toad Leather. I decided to make all 75 of them, took me to 30, did the level 30 quest which took me to 31.

Good night for leatherworking. Now I have 75 Toad Leather, just hope I can find a few good leves with items made from Toad Leather and I can probably get another 5-10 levels from this. :)
Just spam crafting stuff to level isn't very efficient for xp later on, but it's by far the most efficient for money. I remember doing the same thing with LTW, did a bunch of various leather spam in a row(Toad and Boar or something), and just selling the leather and making quite a lot of money in the process. Just I did that afk with autohotkey while I was watching stuff on TV, so the fact it wasn't time efficient wasn't a big deal. Same for armorsmith or whatever, I crafted a ton of iron and cobalt ingots and shit like that. Although ingots took a long time to sell, I think I had 1500cobalt and it took me over a month to sell them and that was back in 2.x when they were still relevant, because cobalt was just mostly shit. Still it didn't cost me much and eventually made a lot more money than I had spent.

Event at SB launch for example I chain crafted floor and ingots and all that crap for a few levels here and there because I didn't want to waste too many leves or the leves were bad at that level range. Then I'd do leves and sell all the surplus stuff for a profit anyway. Helped compensate the losses from buying basically everything to level every craft from 60 to 70(and for many from 50 to 70). It was a lot cheaper to buy ores/powders/wood/hides etc then craft them myself into ingots/leather/cloth then use that than buy those directly, massive premium on these all the time, people don't want to sit there crafting this shit, and multicraft is still slow AND it just fails shit.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There are no addons in this game, right?
There's ACT, the EQ2 thing, which has FFXIV plugins. Mainly damage meter skins, although people have worked on more stuff over time, I think they have a cooldown/timer tracking thing, and there's Triggernometry which is great for finding hunts, it plays an audio cue when any hunt, or anything really if you set it up, enter visible range, which for S ranks is the entire zone, but great for those stupid weekly B ranks in Stormblood gigantic zones, can just fly around until it tells you.

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
Just spam crafting stuff to level isn't very efficient for xp later on, but it's by far the most efficient for money. I remember doing the same thing with LTW, did a bunch of various leather spam in a row(Toad and Boar or something), and just selling the leather and making quite a lot of money in the process. Just I did that afk with autohotkey while I was watching stuff on TV, so the fact it wasn't time efficient wasn't a big deal. Same for armorsmith or whatever, I crafted a ton of iron and cobalt ingots and shit like that. Although ingots took a long time to sell, I think I had 1500cobalt and it took me over a month to sell them and that was back in 2.x when they were still relevant, because cobalt was just mostly shit. Still it didn't cost me much and eventually made a lot more money than I had spent.

Event at SB launch for example I chain crafted floor and ingots and all that crap for a few levels here and there because I didn't want to waste too many leves or the leves were bad at that level range. Then I'd do leves and sell all the surplus stuff for a profit anyway. Helped compensate the losses from buying basically everything to level every craft from 60 to 70(and for many from 50 to 70). It was a lot cheaper to buy ores/powders/wood/hides etc then craft them myself into ingots/leather/cloth then use that than buy those directly, massive premium on these all the time, people don't want to sit there crafting this shit, and multicraft is still slow AND it just fails shit.

Yeah I know it's not the most efficient way, it just happened that way when I realize I had the mats for it.

While I try to be "somewhat" efficient, it's ok if I am not. My goal is 70 in all crafting for Shadowbringers, so I have 6 months or so to do it, so there's no rush.

For example I hadn't done any of the Ixal quests, so I just started a few days ago, and should hit Rank 3 tonight. The XP for crafting isn't that great at rank 1 and 2 but it should be better when I maxed out, not sure if it's worth it at this point...but I'm doing it because it's something to do to keep me busy.

I think I'll have to do the Moogle after when all of them are 50, for the 50 to 60 grind. I think there's some stuff too in Revenant's Toll for crafter at 50, gear and Red Script stuff, haven't really read up on it yet.

Right now, I have maybe 1-2 hours a day to craft, so it's mostly just doing the Grand Company dailies, at least the ones with double xp...turning in HQ into those is awesome xp.

I just keep the leves for the weekend when I have more time and grind them.

I can't wait for my friend to catch up to me so the time I spent on my alt doing the MSQ will be put on the main gearing up to advance his MSQ and be ready for 4.5 and eventually 5.0.

There's absolutely nothing on the horizon as far as MMO goes except maybe Lost Ark, but I don't see that coming out for at least a year. I mean it's not out officially as it is still under beta in Korea.

I'm just taking it easy for now.

Pyros

<Silver Donator>
There's Namazus too once you're in SB. It's worth doing beast tribes, kinda, because you get access to the vendor stuff which lets you buy some of the old materials, although you can generally get access pretty early. After that it's mostly for the quests, the actual ones, not the repeatable fetch quests, a bunch are pretty cool and mounts/minions/glamour stuff. The combat tribes are good for standard class leveling too, like when waiting on dungeon queues and shit.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Pre-50, spam crafts is a valid means of leveling in certain situations. Usually I used it for the crafting leve "hell levels". If you have the crafting XP boost scrolls, those help a lot.

Post 50, it isn't very efficient and you burn through shards/crystals way too fast. Moogle tribe for HW, then Namazu for SB is crazy good crafting XP. Combo that with the easy/cheap crafting leves and you can level up your crafters fairly well. Also do the custom deliveries every week...scrips are useful for gearing your crafters. It is also efficient. For instance, the augmented HW crafting tools will last you pretty much all the way to 70, as stat wise they beat the vendor shit until maybe level 68.

Nola

Trakanon Raider
This game has not changed at all, it is a serious grind for levels. I am just hitting 1 new level every two-three PotD runs.
Yeah it can be from what I remembered. It's been a while since I played this game and decided on a ninja. Hope I made a good choice. I leveled an arcanist to 15 then took on the rogue job. Leveling to the mid teens as a rogue wasn't bad cause I did the hunt journal kills. Currently in my low 20s but need to hit level 30 to actually get the ninja job. I still got a long way to go until yo 70. At least the exp buff for a preferred server helps out alot. Can I just do the MSQ to get to 70 or do I need to do side quests too?

yamikazo

Trakanon Raider
MSQ levels you up pretty well.

If your server doesn't have the Road to 60 buff and you play a lot (not much rested exp), you'll have to occasionally "grind."

The only grind that's needed is to run your roulettes occasionally.