Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Couldn't do it right away due to being in a meeting.

Currently sitting at #339. So I doubt I'll get in before I leave, probably got to get back in chat when I get home.

Spawn_sl

shitlord
It's actually moving pretty quickly..

You are currently number 275 in the queue. You should be connected to an agent in about 23:26. The average amount of time a customer has to wait is 38:16.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Innteresting. Normally I discount these as a phishing attempt, but the damn launcher itself told me they disabled my account due to suspicious activity:

"Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

In order to regain access to your account, please do the following:
1. Refer to the FAQ below to ensure your account is secure ....."

I'm pretty sure my system is clean, only questionable thing I've done is use that FF14 beta client torrent linked on these forums :p Time will tell.

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
What's the deal with Gilgamesh staying locked? Does anyone know if it will ever open, and if so, the time frame?

I've got a few IRL friends that are licking their chops to play.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I think the majority of the live chat things aren't real issues, they're just the new service account bullshit. Short conversations like "yeah, we waited in line, fix this? K thx"

Spawn_sl

shitlord
Innteresting. Normally I discount these as a phishing attempt, but the damn launcher itself told me they disabled my account due to suspicious activity:

"Dear Valued Square Enix Customer,

Thank you for using the Square Enix Account Management System.

Based upon recent suspicious activity, we have identified that your account may potentially be at risk. For your protection, we have temporarily suspended login access to this account.

In order to regain access to your account, please do the following:
1. Refer to the FAQ below to ensure your account is secure ....."

I'm pretty sure my system is clean, only questionable thing I've done is use that FF14 beta client torrent linked on these forums :p Time will tell.
That happens when you login from a different IP than you first created / logged in with. I had it happen when I logged in from work the other day. My email looked exactly like that. Just don't click any links in it just in case and copy / paste if needed.

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
I actually just got off with their chat support. I had a tab open with my queue from yesterday and I hit enter chat at about 8AM PDT knowing that they don't know open until 9. Well, the hour went by, I was #1 in queue at 9 and I actually go to talk to someone! Fucking Ricardo L. escalated my ticket and said it could possibly take 2 weeks. Cool story.

Spawn_sl

shitlord
What's the deal with Gilgamesh staying locked? Does anyone know if it will ever open, and if so, the time frame?

I've got a few IRL friends that are licking their chops to play.
It'll stay locked till the expand the duty servers to compensate the additional people. No ETA but they are working on it.

Spawn_sl

shitlord
I actually just got off with their chat support. I had a tab open with my queue from yesterday and I hit enter chat at about 8AM PDT knowing that they don't know open until 9. Well, the hour went by, I was #1 in queue at 9 and I actually go to talk to someone! Fucking Ricardo L. escalated my ticket and said it could possibly take 2 weeks. Cool story.
What was this for? I'm just needing my accounts combined, I did what everyone else did and created a 2nd account with my actual release / CE code. If it's gonna be 2 weeks f that and I'll go buy a physical copy.

antha124

Lord Nagafen Raider
I don't get how people are able to login or get a queue. I have NEVER seen this queue at all.. starting to think there is something wrong with my install. I've been trying sporadically since Saturday to login and I was able to create my character then the world is full error message. Error 1017 I think. Since then I have tried about 30 times to login in, same error never once seen that queue pop up. Ended up having to make a character on a jap server just to try the game.

misery_sl

shitlord
for those who registered a key to the wrong account here is a reddit thread link discussing what to do and how fast its being solved for people
http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/commen...e_account_now/

tl;dr version for people thinking about this game: it reminds me a lot of rift and tera. mechanically very, very similar to every other MMO. does a few things in a weird way that makes it fun for now, will be supremely tedious after a few weeks. a few cool features (from ff11) like jobs (one char can do EVERYTHING eventually). Just like tera and rift, in 3-6 months almost everyone will stop playing unless square is the single MMO developer in the world who can release quality content on a regular basis (yeah right).

Enjoyable for a few weeks to months though. If you are currently playing an MMO, it is very unlikely you will like this (unless you are a final fantasy/anime nerd), you pretty much have to have that MMO-craving from being unsubbed for months or years to enjoy it.

Servers are all fucked during prime time so don't play unless you are ok logging in at like 10am and staying logged in all day.
This is pretty much exactly what I expected it to be, and one of the main reasons I didn't bother to support them. MMORPG fans that have been away from a game for months will be willing to throw money at nearly anything that feels alive and looks pretty, which is great for SE since it allows them to keep releasing games like this, but it doesn't bode well for the MMORPG fans since these carbon copy MMORPGs are getting so much funding. I'm a little happy that the login/creation issues came about since it stalled me long enough to figure out for myself that I won't be spending money on this, but I do feel sorry for the individuals that are trying to enjoy the game and cannot do so. I'm fairly sure the majority of those that stick around will either be diehard FF fans, people who don't have enough game time available to speed through the content, or anime fans who enjoy having a more asian styled world and characters. I think it will stay fairly successful, but I'm definitely going to sit this one out.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I don't get how people are able to login or get a queue. I have NEVER seen this queue at all.. starting to think there is something wrong with my install. I've been trying sporadically since Saturday to login and I was able to create my character then the world is full error message. Error 1017 I think. Since then I have tried about 30 times to login in, same error never once seen that queue pop up. Ended up having to make a character on a jap server just to try the game.
Check the autohotkey script thread in the afterbirth forum. That's the only way I can get in now and it still takes at least 10 minutes around 7PM EST.

DMBTylerWSP_sl

shitlord
What was this for? I'm just needing my accounts combined, I did what everyone else did and created a 2nd account with my actual release / CE code. If it's gonna be 2 weeks f that and I'll go buy a physical copy.
It was this same issue. Most people on the SE support forums say it's resolved within 8-12 hours of it being escalated.

ZProtoss

Golden Squire
I hate pubs. I wasn't even being an asshole in the beginning. Fuck.

[11:21:18] [Zp Zp] please play summoner correctly
[11:21:27] [Drago Highwind] what?
[11:21:29] [Zp Zp] you need to dot every mob in the pull
[11:21:37] [Zp Zp] focusing on one target makes you the worst dps in the group by far
[11:21:42] [Drago Highwind] whats wrong with that he had hate?
[11:21:57] [Zp Zp] i'm saying you need to put bio/miasma on a target
[11:22:02] [Zp Zp] then switch targets and put it on another target
[11:22:08] [Zp Zp] your goal as arcanist should be to never cast ruin
[11:22:11] [Callo Stone] any advice for me
[11:22:13] [Zp Zp] unless every single mob is dotted on a pull
[11:22:22] [Zp Zp] no. you're an archer. archers do crazy dps and are almost impossible to screw up :p
[11:22:33] [Callo Stone] i bet i can find a way to haha
[11:22:42] [Zp Zp] you're doing almost triple the damage of our arcanist right now per the meters tho
[11:22:44] [Drago Highwind] just focus on healing. thanks
[11:22:46] [Zp Zp] which is why i brought up to him
[11:22:53] [Zp Zp] that he needs to play properly
[11:22:58] [Zp Zp] because he's dragging the group down hard atm
tongue.png

[11:23:00] [Zp Zp] also gogo
[11:24:33] [Drago Highwind] guess i wasnt dsoing that bad eh looks u coulda used me. (Note: He AFK'ed and stopped attacking the boss at this point)
[11:26:47] [Arcavius Wyman] why attacking sleeping one
[11:27:59] [Zp Zp] i like how bad players
[11:28:04] [Zp Zp] get pissy when you mention that they're playing badly
[11:28:10] [Zp Zp] even when you tell them how to not play like shit
[11:28:32] [Drago Highwind] lol ur a piece of shit bud, go back to WoW
[11:28:45] [Zp Zp] pretty sure that's your department since you can get away with being a shit dps in that game
[11:28:55] [Callo Stone] so we are killing all adds correct?
[11:28:56] [Drago Highwind] mr. im so freaking good i have smn lvled but playing whm so im gonna tell ppl how good i am
[11:29:10] [Zp Zp] how about you just listen to what i say
[11:29:16] [Drago Highwind] im outta here i hope u dont win bitch
[11:29:30] [Drago Highwind] ur a fag and im glad ur not on my server

Beef Supreme_sl

shitlord
I hate pubs. I wasn't even being an asshole in the beginning. Fuck.

[11:21:18] [Zp Zp] please play summoner correctly
[11:21:27] [Drago Highwind] what?
[11:21:29] [Zp Zp] you need to dot every mob in the pull
[11:21:37] [Zp Zp] focusing on one target makes you the worst dps in the group by far
[11:21:42] [Drago Highwind] whats wrong with that he had hate?
[11:21:57] [Zp Zp] i'm saying you need to put bio/miasma on a target
[11:22:02] [Zp Zp] then switch targets and put it on another target
[11:22:08] [Zp Zp] your goal as arcanist should be to never cast ruin
[11:22:11] [Callo Stone] any advice for me
[11:22:13] [Zp Zp] unless every single mob is dotted on a pull
[11:22:22] [Zp Zp] no. you're an archer. archers do crazy dps and are almost impossible to screw up :p
[11:22:33] [Callo Stone] i bet i can find a way to haha
[11:22:42] [Zp Zp] you're doing almost triple the damage of our arcanist right now per the meters tho
[11:22:44] [Drago Highwind] just focus on healing. thanks
[11:22:46] [Zp Zp] which is why i brought up to him
[11:22:53] [Zp Zp] that he needs to play properly
[11:22:58] [Zp Zp] because he's dragging the group down hard atm
tongue.png

[11:23:00] [Zp Zp] also gogo
[11:24:33] [Drago Highwind] guess i wasnt dsoing that bad eh looks u coulda used me. (Note: He AFK'ed and stopped attacking the boss at this point)
[11:26:47] [Arcavius Wyman] why attacking sleeping one
[11:27:59] [Zp Zp] i like how bad players
[11:28:04] [Zp Zp] get pissy when you mention that they're playing badly
[11:28:10] [Zp Zp] even when you tell them how to not play like shit
[11:28:32] [Drago Highwind] lol ur a piece of shit bud, go back to WoW
[11:28:45] [Zp Zp] pretty sure that's your department since you can get away with being a shit dps in that game
[11:28:55] [Callo Stone] so we are killing all adds correct?
[11:28:56] [Drago Highwind] mr. im so freaking good i have smn lvled but playing whm so im gonna tell ppl how good i am
[11:29:10] [Zp Zp] how about you just listen to what i say
[11:29:16] [Drago Highwind] im outta here i hope u dont win bitch
[11:29:30] [Drago Highwind] ur a fag and im glad ur not on my server
Love that joker.

"[11:28:56] [Drago Highwind] mr. im so freaking good i have smn lvled but playing whm so im gonna tell ppl how good i am" Best.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
I think the majority of the live chat things aren't real issues, they're just the new service account bullshit. Short conversations like "yeah, we waited in line, fix this? K thx"
Their support (all 2 of them) must of had a bathroom break. I've went from 339 to 262 in at hour so at this rate I'm looking at 4.5 hours. lol

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I'm glad that guy's not on our server too. Wish we didn't get them in the same queue though.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
Good thing I read that as I was one of those with dotted every mob but used ruin to. I have been leveling my arcanist under the assumption of making her a summoner but seeing as how summoners look like slightly better version of arcanists I've decided to go scholar instead.plus heading has been fun like it was for me in vanilla wow.
Edit now that I think about it current wow shaman is more fun then my vanilla wow priest.and by current wow I mean the wow that was current before pandas when I last logged on.

do you need a seperate code to play after early access? it says my game isnt registered now. amazon didnt ship my shit til the other day so i wont have the code on the cd til sept 4th
frown.png
weird i was just playing last night so did something change?