Final Fantasy XIV (Guide in first post)

Aazrael

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Kind of enjoyed Anemos, got much better when I joined a group and went around doing NMs. Had luck the Feather boss popped and got my 3 feathers as well.

Everyone seem to hate on the next zone though so not sure I look forward to that.

Cybsled

Live Letter happened (they held it at TGS - streamed on Youtube only). Patch 6.5 drops 10/3. As usual, the MSQ story will be split into 2 parts, with 6.55 happening in Jan 2024.

Some main takeaways:

1) As expected, new trial/dungeons/raid conclusion. Allied Beast Tribe quest and Hildibrand will be a bit later I believe
2) They are examining the Savage mode Criterion dungeon rewards - they plan to add stuff that lets you boost your ilevel vs. just cosmetic stuff. So this gives hardcore raiders or smaller hardcore content groups a carrot to chase.
3) They're adding some massive stairs so you can actually get onto the roof of a house now without glitching

Trailer patch

My thoughts on it - spoiler/conjecture

Since this has been heavily FF4 themed, the patch trailer seems to confirm that Zero is going to have a Cecil moment (her glowing with light). Won't be shocked if she transitions from reaper to paladin, like Cecil transitioned from Dark Knight to Paladin in FF4. In the flashbacks, it seemed like she was originally a Paladin anyways before the 13th fully fell to darkness. Although if we are wrapping up the Golbez storyline this patch, then 6.55 presumably will be mostly focused on the intro to the next expansion.

Also for the raid series, it seems to hint what many people suspected for months now: At the end of the raid series, the "gods" are all going to return to the star and effectively die. Since they're basically the souls of Ancients, Ancients by culture as a rule consider it the proper course of action to essentially die and return to the star once they have completed their goals/tasks. We already know the identity of some of them if you paid attention during side quests in Elpis.

On a side note, that Asura raid fight looked awesome - her after image kind of looking like a painting, then it keeps growing and turns into a giant version of her

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Trailer actually looks pretty hype, kind of agree 6.55 MSQ likely more lead in to Dawntrail while 6.5 will wrap up current story. Decent amount of content, next Hildibrand relic stuff won't be until 6.55 I believe, although I think I recall them saying the crafting/gathering relic quests will be extended in 6.51

Aazrael

Got to 25 in Pagos. Tried to go to the third (left) atherite and got owned just after sneaking past the sleepy dragon.

I guess grind a few more levels in the lower area before going up there? I just got the 25 quest done so starting to collect som light or whatever.

Aazrael

Not sure why everyone shit on Pagos. I'm having a grand EQ nostalgia grind time Fell Cleaving away mobs. Allready lvl 32 and working on the Crystals by running the NM train. Have not had issues with monster density etc.

• 1Like

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Not sure why everyone shit on Pagos. I'm having a grand EQ nostalgia grind time Fell Cleaving away mobs. Allready lvl 32 and working on the Crystals by running the NM train. Have not had issues with monster density etc.

I remember coming to Eureka (and Pagos) late in Stormblood, when apparently Pagos had been "fixed" or at least made better. Personally I had a blast in all 4 Eureka zones, although logos actions in the final 2 made for some really fun gameplay, to say nothing of BA being awesome to actually run.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Almost 35 now and it's been smooth sailing in Pagos. The currency I'm lacking to progress will the Pagos Crystals (and 3 ice). Waited untill I was 30+ before joining the NM hunt due to being scared getting one shotted by higher mobs.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
The unsundered world MSQ has been a slow grind. Is this a cocktease just before something MASSIVE will occur story wise?

Aazrael

Whats the best way to get the last 2 rows of Logograms? I blew my puny Gil stash on some of the cheap Logograms so I could make 42 of them. All of the top 4 rows are done. I'm only level 41 still and have not even started the NM hunts yet. Is the best way just farming NMs?

Chysamere

<WoW Guild Officer>
Whats the best way to get the last 2 rows of Logograms? I blew my puny Gil stash on some of the cheap Logograms so I could make 42 of them. All of the top 4 rows are done. I'm only level 41 still and have not even started the NM hunts yet. Is the best way just farming NMs?

Find the name of the logograms you need using Eureka Tracker most of them are from combining 2+ other Logograms so you will need to find which items those Logograms can be discovered from.

Either buy those on the AH, or google search where they drops and go farm that. Then combine them.

The combinations on are on that link.

Magic Burst L for example comes from Obscure Logogram, which can be obtained by:

Fearful Symmetry The West Val River Bank 54
From Tusk till Dawn The West Val River Bank 51
I Don't Want to Believe The Val River Source 60
I Ink, Therefore I Am The West Val River Bank 50

OR you can combine Spirit of the remembered + Wisdom of the ordained + Stoneskin L to get one.

OR you can buy Obscure Logograms on the Ah. They're about 10k each right now. Should only take 10 at most.

Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
I think those last two rows are from Pyros and Hydatos sprites and NM. The best way I did was just grinding through NM, doing the weekly challenges (specifically the sprite killing one) in those two eureka zones.

And as Chys, stated - buying the rare memes also speeds this up. I probably spent 3-5 mill overall to finish my logograms.

• 1Like

Aazrael

Thanks! Sadly I have 10000 Gil to my name so wont be able to buy the rarer ones.

Will continue to level a bit then start focus on the missing Logos for combines.

Chinaman889

<Silver Donator>
Thanks! Sadly I have 10000 Gil to my name so wont be able to buy the rarer ones.

Will continue to level a bit then start focus on the missing Logos for combines.
If you're on Gilgameh look the FOH clan up. We can (or I can at least) loan out some money without having to break your kneecaps.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Aazrael

I'm on a EU data center sadly or I'd gladly mooch some Gil.

Thanks for the Tracker, that helped a hell of a lot to see what I lack for the Logos. Got 52 of them now.

Last edited:

Cybsled

No joke, but some social companies in the game look to hire players for Gil to perform duties in their social clubs, either as bouncers or bartenders or dancers or whores

Time to join the seedy underbelly of the game!

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users