Fondest Memory of MMOs

Jysin

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I remember back in the Naggy days that before group buffs it got so bad that the cleric, enchanter, shaman, etc would be in a straight line and each person would "move down the line" and get whatever buffs they needed and then logged to their ult so the buff wouldn't fall off before everyone was done. After a while it become an assembly run and honesty is pretty impressive watching 40 plus people do it.
It took so damn long raid buffing in those days! We used a "buff circle" too. Buffers stood in a circle while you stood in a line waiting to be called to the circle for your buffs.

I did laugh at the occasional Server Chat troll who would jump in the channel and call "LOG IN!".

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Fuck, you're right. Quel'Serrar was the tanking sword quest thing from randomly looting a "hilt" as a world drop.

Morsakin

Golden Knight of the Realm
It took so damn long raid buffing in those days! We used a "buff circle" too. Buffers stood in a circle while you stood in a line waiting to be called to the circle for your buffs.

I did laugh at the occasional Server Chat troll who would jump in the channel and call "LOG IN!".
Jesus, this reminds me of the week or so where I was the only cleric on the server (Luclin) with Hand of Virtue shortly after PoP came out and folks started doing the rune turn-ins. That tell spam was....the stuff of nightmares. Day and night; "Hey man, are you around to give HoV"? Thank god I had the Aten-Ha-Ra FT7 BP or else I would've been perma oom.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I fail yet again.

My WoW memories aren't nearly as good as my EQ memories.

I still know all of Lower Guk like the back of my hand, and could easily make the run up to Lord Yelinak.

Jais

Trakanon Raider
EQ-

Locking people in the NFP bank.
Melee only group in Lguk. Soo many bandages.
Sneak Pulling shit and saving hours of clear time.
Generally being a rogue on Rodcet Nife when there was like two dozen of us.

Bergraven_sl

shitlord
Ahhhh alright. Your name seems somewhat familiar, but it's been so long I could be talking out of my ass. Never knew there were any other 7th hammers on here.
Ahh yeah, Kabald...that's where Diligence came from. For some reason, I'd forgotten that and thought it was Sanctuary, but you are correct. And Ranadin, lol. How could I have forgotten that name. Daly, you were a warrior from FS? or Paladin? I remember your name, although I don't believe we had much interaction. I was Thalzaar, human warrior. I started playing when Kunark was released and joined Diligence in Luclin so not that old school, and kept a fairly low profile, but I did maintain the Guild progression chart that was on the 7thhammer forums for the longest time.

splok_sl

shitlord
We had members like Garbhad, Allycia, Fantasy, Kaplan, Jugular, Orladin, Dremus, Calac, Darizra, Dionysus, Ragurok, Wiggens, Gitano, Yurian, Kaerel, Kypreos, Soren, Kleo, Kithkanin, Toona, Lazzari, Kioti and Splok. I know I'm forgetting a few EQ players like a bard that could twists songs like crazy.
Holy shit Khama! so many old names! (Andvari was the bard btw). Crazy nostalgia flashback!

As long as we're bringing up old shit, I take some blame for the Brahma thing. I sort of flipped my shit on him, but then I never did like people taking their ball and going home. Khama was always the peacekeeper that would smooth things over, but I added some fuel to that fire. Of course, it was extra awesome when Aura and Duen joined team Gmok despite the fact that the entire problem was caused by some of us taking up for them! Good times!

Most memorable moments? Hard to pick, but I'll always remember being totally confused when Orgotek was trying to convince me to play right after release, saying how careful you had to be not to lose your corpse. I was like, why can't you just go back to where you died? Wtf do you mean you don't remember where? The next day I grabbed a box, started a dark elf, and found the fuck out.

Others?

My first first Hate raid with BR... sitting in the corner, staring at the floor, epic wipes, clerics camping, relogging, trying to res another cleric before dieing... was way after dawn when we finished... great way to start a raiding career hehe

TWC's first AoW kill. I think everyone was on every character they had info for, just to get the dps up. I think we had like 100-120 people. I was playing a backup tank, wizard, and a CH rot cleric, modding like crazy since his gear was shit, and praying that I didn't misclick while try to grab a rod from the stack.

Quitting EQ then getting convinced to come back "just to fuck around"... so started from scratch on FV and ended up playing more hardcore than ever, started our own guild and was pretty quickly the #3 on the server. We were pretty proud of knocking over AoW for the first time with like 28 (with maybe 15 actual players), in our guild full of "casuals".

Running the entire CH chain on Fennin.

Serverfirst Rathe, while tanking, healing, dpsing, and mezing

Crazy powerleveling, doing insane stuff with charm groups, great fun with showeq/myseq...

Nobody remembers GoD fondly, but a Tipt hynid with full chanter/shammy buffs and mage toys made chanters feel pretty godly! I remember fighting through it once with someone who didn't want to charm because "it was safer without it". We ended up dying on the boss and she got all bitchy because we weren't well geared enough, so we went back in and cleared it naked just to spite her.

Really, the thing I think I miss from EQ that no other game has gotten is seeing the slow-motion train-wreck coming and being able to occasionally pull it out through some combination of skill and luck... to get in situations where you're on the knifeedge of a wipe, managing to hold out for minute after excruciating minute... sitting as a cleric (causing every mob in the area to rush towards you), trying to squeeze out one tick of mana to cast just one more heal that might just let the tank live another few seconds...

Sigh, no game will ever be like that again, and even if it was, I'd never be able to enjoy it now.

Louis

Trakanon Raider
Ahh yeah, Kabald...that's where Diligence came from. For some reason, I'd forgotten that and thought it was Sanctuary, but you are correct. And Ranadin, lol. How could I have forgotten that name. Daly, you were a warrior from FS? or Paladin? I remember your name, although I don't believe we had much interaction. I was Thalzaar, human warrior. I started playing when Kunark was released and joined Diligence in Luclin so not that old school, and kept a fairly low profile, but I did maintain the Guild progression chart that was on the 7thhammer forums for the longest time.
Yes. I was a half elf warrior from FS. I was also in Fortitude before they imploded over night. Definitely remember you. My EQ addiction made me constantly stalk other guilds websites and rosters! I started around the beginning of Kunark and as far as I can remember Sanctuary and TDE were top dogs up until PoP and then I believe Dilligence became top dog? I could be wrong though. I quit following the raid scene come PoP and moved on to the EQ2 Forged Souls.

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Man Rathe Council; that was some fucked up shit at the beginning. We were serverfirst too. Remember zoning to Plane of Time and getting tells 'omg congrats!' from random people.

I think that's something that you don't really see these days, I loved to be in the server #1 guild, doing all sorts of crazy shit every night up until very late and being one of the 'badasses', walking around Bazaar and walking two steps and getting a 'Soandso is inspecting you'.

Grizzlebeard_sl

shitlord
Man Rathe Council; that was some fucked up shit at the beginning. We were serverfirst too. Remember zoning to Plane of Time and getting tells 'omg congrats!' from random people.

I think that's something that you don't really see these days, I loved to be in the server #1 guild, doing all sorts of crazy shit every night up until very late and being one of the 'badasses', walking around Bazaar and walking two steps and getting a 'Soandso is inspecting you'.
It'll likely never happen again. Nowadays it seems everything has to be accessible by everyone and the only challenge is meeting the time investment.

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
It'll likely never happen again. Nowadays it seems everything has to be accessible by everyone and the only challenge is meeting the time investment.
Let's be real. The only challenge ever was meeting the time investments in the first place. Its not like slow EQ combat took the skill it takes to play a FPS or anything. The notable exceptions being bards/enchanters. Those classes aside, the only thing it took to be a badass was a ton of free time.

Miele

Lord Nagafen Raider
Let's be real. The only challenge ever was meeting the time investments in the first place. Its not like slow EQ combat took the skill it takes to play a FPS or anything. The notable exceptions being bards/enchanters. Those classes aside, the only thing it took to be a badass was a ton of free time.
And a good connection, you can quote me on that. With my amazing 56k, I couldn't be so stellar in large raids.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Our guild leader Ailar left us for FoH. During that time FoH was sniping all the top Veeshan players. We got word he was planning on leaving but when we asked him of course he denied it like the coward he was. So one day he makes a post on our forum blah blah that he's joining FoH.
Frozboz was the guild leader. Ailar was my wizard. I made Gmok because we only had one warrior or something like that.

I had forgotten about that Frozboz shit. I remember Sean being a total dick about him joining FOH too, then he did something silly and they kicked him out? Was he selling gear on ebay or some shit?