From

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
My brother in Christ, what Usenet provider are you using that changes its price? I've payed $40 a year for almost a decade for unlimited everything and 3000 days or more of retention. Price should not be a consideration for keeping big media on its toes.

Cat Costume GIF
Been using Tweaknews for something like 7ish years? I didn't renew and 3 days later they sent me an offer for $3.99 a month, without a download cap (I think I had 10mb or some number of connections before), and a VPN. Curious what you're using that's never changed and is cheaper than that. Previously had been paying something like $7-8 a month I think, but they were about to jack it up to like $12.

It's way too late now but I would have liked the show to have been organized a little differently. When the show opens we learn about the town through the family of new arrivals as before but it's slow because everyone is really cagey when asked questions. Rather than people just not fucking ever sharing fucking information unless it's dragged out of them we get an actual reason in-story - people that ask a lot of questions or that try and experiment tend to die horribly. You know how in that Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life" everyone's walking on eggshells so they don't get yeeted in to the cornfield? A much more subtle version of that. That lets you hand wave away a lot of the questions the audience has about why aren't they doing X or Y. They aren't doing your bright idea because someone already did and all they got for their troubles was their insides turned in to outsides. That then is also a source of conflict as new people want to try stuff and people that have been there a while just want to fuck in colony house. Eventually we learn through Victor that things sometimes change when people try things and that change is usually bad. Fall is coming, plants are dying and there's mixed blame for Tabitha's digging, Boyd's adventure and the antenna. Boyd killing one of the ghouls leads to the finale of season 2 where shit goes really fucking crazy and a bunch of people get killed when some of the medallions crumble in the middle of the night.

The way the show is now everyone just looks like an asshole for not sharing what they know or for acting incredulous when someone finally does.
Meanwhile the writer's guild is striking and they can't come up with something as good by some random dude on FoH.

I'm finally catching up on season two (not completely caught up yet), and it's driving me crazy. If I were there, I'd make sure we had daily meetings where everyone can discuss any weird shit they saw that day. These people claim they want to figure it out, but then they suddenly become a vault with information. Boyd literally goes to the forest to figure shit out, and when he returns and they ask him it's a bunch of "I don't want to talk about it." What the fuck? Literally every character is doing that.

And like you said, they could've planned ahead for this and written a plot that made sense. But instead we just get infuriating people who claim they want to figure stuff out but then also do everything in their power to hide information from each other.

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>
At least a development from the latest episode. Boyd figures out that making silver bullets from the bile could be a legit way to fight back (but why not use the worm blood?). Cicadas in the monster body another unexplained mystery.

And Jim and Buzzcut are going to actually test out a theory, that the monsters might be up to something when they don't know they're being watched. But TBH, I don't know if this mind control theory really has legs, and that's what they believe in. Would the mind control really go so far as to literally eviscerate those victims?

I'm still rolling with Fae dimension, and maybe that means that watching them from the RV might backfire. Can't wait for next week, show actually went somewhere this time.

Scoresby

Trakanon Raider
A thought from the last episode...

Is Victor like Relm from FF6, in that the drawings he makes somehow affect reality (maybe he isn't aware of this because of his mental capacity)?

ShakyJake

<Donor>
Dang I can’t watch season 2 on Prime. Yeah no shit, cut down some trees for lumber and barricade the fuck out of everything.
Just get a Usenet account, set up a Plex media server and watch whatever the hell you want. It's not difficult.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
Been using Tweaknews for something like 7ish years? I didn't renew and 3 days later they sent me an offer for $3.99 a month, without a download cap (I think I had 10mb or some number of connections before), and a VPN. Curious what you're using that's never changed and is cheaper than that. Previously had been paying something like $7-8 a month I think, but they were about to jack it up to like $12.

Newsgroup Ninja. I don't know if that is a price that is still available or if it is grandfathered in, but it is for 50 connectiona, ssl, unlimited bandwidth, and 5,500 days of retention now.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm not sure he was expecting it to be fatal. He just wanted to transfer whatever to someone/something else so he can do the transfusion. It just happened to have the effect of killing it.

Another frustrating trope I notice in these shows is when characters recognize they're in a supernatural setting. However, when someone reports a strange sighting or experience, their peers immediately label them as 'crazy'?
Almost caught up, but yeah. I hate nitpicking, but this is ridiculous. "Hey, I've got these weird worms in my arm." "Wow, Boyd's lost it, what a lunatic." Yeah, because all the other shit in this town makes sense, right?

My biggest nitpick though is that they butchered the hot doctor's hair and now she looks terrible.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had no idea this show existed until a few weeks ago when it popped up on my recommended list. It's really solid with an interesting central mystery, I even liked how in episode 5 or 6 the priest basically said there's not gonna be a Lost ending lol. Boyd is a good lead character, I also like the fat older woman who runs the mansion. Both of their character moments throughout the show were good, some of the lesser character moments are meh. Do I really care that the asian guy has the hots for the doctor? I could have done without stuff like that.

As for what the hell is going on I'm still not sure. It's not purgatory or a government experiment, I'm confident in that. The creatures were once human, that was easy to guess. As for what's in the forest... that I didn't guess at all. I thought the creatures would be the key to it all but there's something deeper going on. They throw in spiders(?), a lighthouse, a prison, and some kind of entity or force that controls the forest that is malevolent. Too many unknowns now to have a good theory.

The scene with the woman who was still alive with the metal rod through her head was fucked up

Last edited:
  • 3Like

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
Her and Boyd are the only 2 characters that act like adults.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really expected more to happen with only one left. Feels like the only thing we got was that maybe the dead people's nightmares were what lives in the forest, and that's conjecture.

I've hated the junkie girlfriend storyline, so I hope she dies. But since she didn't yet, I'm sure they'll save her.

They really are going the LOST route with adding more and more mysteries on top of mysteries. The problem is I don't think they have the kind of viewership that will allow them to draw this out indefinitely. Feels like eventually we'll get blueballed.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Really expected more to happen with only one left. Feels like the only thing we got was that maybe the dead people's nightmares were what lives in the forest, and that's conjecture.

I've hated the junkie girlfriend storyline, so I hope she dies. But since she didn't yet, I'm sure they'll save her.

They really are going the LOST route with adding more and more mysteries on top of mysteries. The problem is I don't think they have the kind of viewership that will allow them to draw this out indefinitely. Feels like eventually we'll get blueballed.
Fucking yes. That is exactly what I said to my g/f as soon as we saw the bugs getting her. DIE BITCH. Fucking hate that druggy ass bitch. She doesnt add anything to the story and in fact takes away from the story cause people have to explain her ass being in their presence. Useless ass character. One of the first characters I would put on the chopping block of being a character put into the story line strictly to push the "Lesbian" presence.

• 3Like

Bodhy

Karen
<Banned>

Yes, agreed. I was annoyed AF when Boyd showed up at the RV, I wanted Jim and Randall to test their original theory overnight. We find out Boyd's silver bullets are useless, instead, and they have to make a run for it.

We didn't get any explanation of why the monsters paused in their tracks, or did I miss it? What's with the cicadas? That's just another mystery piled into the mix without any explanation.

The sad thing is they've got one episode left and I doubt there's a coherent plot line to bring it together. You can kind of feel they're struggling to make it work.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm assuming that whatever the music box monster is is more powerful than the slow walkers and they're scared of it. And cicadas are somehow tied in.

But yeah, this show didn't need to add any additional mysteries.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
Kill one of the wights, cicadas pop out, infect other people, got a fixed amount of time to save them? I think?

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Kill one of the wights, cicadas pop out, infect other people, got a fixed amount of time to save them? I think?
The thing I kind of rolled my eyes about is.. if you can burn them when theyre dead, why cant you burn them when theyre alive?
flame-thrower-leonardo-dicaprio.gif

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
Seems to me like Sarah gave the explanation for all the shows mysteries this episode. A dumb, uncreative explanation delivered in the most ham handed way possible. "Hey guys maybe its" <insert oddly specific description of how it all works>

"It was all a dream" isnt any more creative or satisfying when its "if you die your nightmares come to life". Dreams are a retarded mechanic in stories because theres no logic or rules, its just "lol its a dream".

As usual the possible explanations people came up with in this thread were waaay more creative than what we actually got. AI can't replace "screenwriters" soon enough; it will be a hands down improvement across the board.