Fuck Comcast

Cinge

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Man am I glad I don't have TWC/Comcast in my area. Not sure how our payscale is, but I've had them for about 12 years now, with never really a issue. I think I remember maybe a couple outages that never lasted more then a hour and have never had a speed issue. Can only hope CoX continues their stranglehold on the valley.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Out in the sticks it's even more ridiculous. When they hooked up my DirecTV the guy came from 95 miles away. He was scheduled to arrive between 9 AM and noon. He arrived at 3 PM and told me that his first appointment of the day had been in a town 25 miles the other direction so he had driven 120 miles to my house from the first appointment. He left my house at 6:45 PM and supposedly had 2 more appointments that day, one of which was in the town 120 miles away where his first appointment had been. Obviously he wasn't going to make those, but he said that the DirecTV dispatchers just scheduled the appointments even though there was no possible way that he could get to them. I'm assuming those two people he didn't get to took the afternoon off work and shit. Scheduling 4 appointments in one day when there's going to be 5-6 hours of driving just to get to all of them is just retarded.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Comcast doubled my internet speed for free. Pretty shocked and pleased, since I'm only paying $140 for every movie channel and this intarwebz.

3672210673.png

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
Yeah, only, seeing as how I was paying almost double that a few months ago before I downgraded after my contract ended. Considering how fucking expensive this shit is in America. ;p

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
The power of monopoly (duopoly?) And since the FCC represents them and not us there isn't a single thing we can do about it. Our last hope may be Chattanooga and if they can win the lawsuit against them. It is a small hope given how screwed up our current supreme court is but it would blow wide open the competition market for ISP's if they won.

And make no mistake. Lack of viable competition is the single largest factor in how Comcast can operate as they do and we we lag behind the world in Internet speeds and services.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Man. We don't have cable of any kind - just Netflix and Acorn TV which totals 10$ per month, and the internet we get may be inadequate if you're gaming, but we've had three computers streaming simultaneously and had the tv showing stuff (so four streaming, I guess), and that's good enough for us. We only pay 36$ a month for internet service.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I'm building my HTPC this weekend. Once everything is setup, I'm cancelling Comcast TV. I'll be keeping the 50mb internet from them, as I don't really have any choice for better internet yet.

KCXIV

Molten Core Raider
damn, comcast upped their game in my medium sized town for free. I pay 60 a month, but thats with cable and HBOGO.

3739554376.png

Obtenor_sl

shitlord
Oh please, you and Kuriin both are in zones where Google Fiber is supposed to come, of course you're getting your speeds and stuff increased.

"Thankfully" I'm in LA and we are supposedly getting major upgrades in a couple of weeks, I have 100MB with TWC (70$) and "SUPPOSEDLY" they are going to bump it to 300MB on the 25th. This just goes to prove that they could do it all along but kept us in the fucking dark to squeeze money and shitty service

Desidero

N00b
This shit is happening again, can't stream and downloads slow as fuck. I hate Comcast.
My parents were having that issue and it turned out to be a problem with their shitty Netgear router's QoS. Have you tried running a speed test when plugged directly into the modem instead of going through a router?

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I propose that if someone ever tries to be politically correct and says "the C-word" or "the N-word" we ask if they mean Comcast or Netgear. If they follow that up by stating they were "trying to be PC" you are obligated to make a desktop joke in response as well.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
My parents were having that issue and it turned out to be a problem with their shitty Netgear router's QoS. Have you tried running a speed test when plugged directly into the modem instead of going through a router?
I don't use their shitty modems/routers/gateways, I have my own, and if this only happens on the weekends why would my equipment be the problem?

Just in case I am retarded I went ahead and tried a direct connect and same issue.