Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
U7A1pJe.jpg

• 13Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

kazjim

Blackwing Lair Raider

In Australia, in senior years of high school, you do 'Work Experience" - no idea if anywhere else does it.

I did my two weeks at Microbee Computers. and spent a few days assembling the computers, but then I worked with the Devs for a few days.
I actually did a bit of coding on this game.
It was the biggest selling adventure game on the system, very proud about that.

If you want to see a Microbee computer, watch 'Kung Fury' - Hackerman uses a Microbee 128k Premium. I have one as well, mine still works!

1724936232376.png

Last edited:
  • 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Kajiimagi

<Gold Donor>
My mom broke SO many of those joysticks playing this game. She flipped the scoreboard over the course of a day. I picked it up behind her (as she quit as soon as the score went back to all zeros) and died immediately over and over and over.

1200px-Atari-2600-Joystick.jpg

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Gutterflesh

Parody Account
<Gold Donor>
I distinctly remember getting blisters on my fingers from playing too much Atari.

That joystick was a source of both pleasure and pain.
1724950683301.jpeg

• 8Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 10 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
My mom broke SO many of those joysticks playing this game. She flipped the scoreboard over the course of a day. I picked it up behind her (as she quit as soon as the score went back to all zeros) and died immediately over and over and over.

View attachment 543708

Fuuuuck, you unlocked a deep memory. I remember my friend's mom yelling at me for breaking one of these playing Pac man, said it was like 50$ a joystick. I was like 7 and barely put any pressure on it. 4 decades later thanks for clearing my conscience !!

maxresdefault.jpg

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users