Funny, Strange, Random Pics

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
I wouldnt fucking know. I didnt decide to move to the fucking desert expecting water to be plentiful. ..And you didnt answer my f'n question, cock gobbler.

rrr_img_74744.jpg
I don't know what those stupid blocks are for, what do I look like a fucking lakeologist?

Caliane

Are those big square blocks for... erosion? If so, seems poorly thought out.. My Sea Doo goes 68-71 (depending if I took a shit or not) and good lord.. if my hull hit one of those.. :/ (My lake for reference, does the big interlocking sheets of small bricks in the areas where they want to preserve a certain depth)
Mooring...

rrr_img_74753.jpg

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
Are those big square blocks for... erosion? If so, seems poorly thought out.. My Sea Doo goes 68-71 (depending if I took a shit or not) and good lord.. if my hull hit one of those.. :/ (My lake for reference, does the big interlocking sheets of small bricks in the areas where they want to preserve a certain depth)

Kluft-photo-Black-Rock-Desert-Aug-2005-Img_5081.jpg
They're anchors for docks or floating piers. And as you have noticed, most of those piers or docks are missing. They've mostly been removed where the water isn't anymore, but left the blocks.

rrr_img_74769.jpg

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I've been wondering more and more if population growth , especially in the west, is contributing to the water issues. As in effect if your population grows at X% a year either rainfall has to increase by X% or water efficiency has to increase by X% otherwise you will be in an unsustainable slide towards "out of water".... Regardless of weather patterns and rain/snowfall.

Oblig pic of how I know Coke isn't marketing to the "inner urban" demographic...
BpY6liGCMAEaYaR.jpg

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I've been wondering more and more if population growth , especially in the west, is contributing to the water issues. As in effect if your population grows at X% a year either rainfall has to increase by X% or water efficiency has to increase by X% otherwise you will be in an unsustainable slide towards "out of water".... Regardless of weather patterns and rain/snowfall.
I was curious too, and most of the shit I came across is blaming it on the constant amount of immigrants moving into the area.

rrr_img_74771.jpg
rrr_img_74772.jpg

All indicators are pointing at a permanent climate change in the Southwest, but the huge increase in population for those areas isnt helping to slow the progress of that.

Climate change, in that the temperature has constantly been on the rise as well. Mostly due to smog/emissions from the increase in... you guessed it, immigrants.

rrr_img_74773.jpg

The shit really doesnt effect me, but its bound to have "some" legitimacy. Which can make me somewhat understand it from a population vantage point when I always thought it was just racism. For example, the Colorado River is suppose to feed a certain amount of water to certain areas, but with the drought - it never even comes close to that output. Another point, is that a lot of people are over looking the major dams in this area that supply a good amount of electricity - creating higher electric bills. Lets just say, it looks like the shit is going to hit the fan in the Southwest and Im glad I live in my "White Male Privileged neighborhood" on the East Coast.