Game of Thrones - Season 6 - Poll Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Winds of Winter is "suppose to come out" before season 6. Keep the threads separate.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
the only thing thats completely out is you being completely out of your fucking mind. there are several subplots from the books that were not explored up until now and will be in season 6 if those leaked casting descriptions are to be believed.
Why are you posting this in a non spoiler thread then if you feel so strongly about it? You have potentially ruined it for tens of posters.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Why are you posting this in a non spoiler thread then if you feel so strongly about it? You have potentially ruined it for tens of posters.
lol, you really have lost your mind, what have i "potentially ruined"? the part where i said that there is still stuff in the books we havent seen yet? sorry guys if that potentially ruined the show for you.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
He's just voluntarily outing his own thread as a poorly conceived troll job. A handful of people prayed for a poll at the alter of stupid and stupid delivered.

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol, you really have lost your mind, what have i "potentially ruined"? the part where i said that there is still stuff in the books we havent seen yet? sorry guys if that potentially ruined the show for you.
Way to go asshole. Never watching this shit show again, now that I know EXACTLY what fucking happens.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Exactly. You didn't ruin anything but under the current rule set just posting at all that some casting is about scenes in previous books would be only in the spoiler thread. Lately that would need to be in the proposed spoiler spoiler thread so you can have spoilers with your spoilers. It's insane.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
He's just voluntarily outing his own thread as a poorly conceived troll job. A handful of people prayed for a poll at the alter of stupid and stupid delivered.
The troll job is the morons thinking this show needs multiple threads. If you can't keep up with the books or the show, don't open the thread until you do. That is the only rule that should be there and is the only rule for every other book/movie/tv show on this forum ....

I outlined the most simplistic of rules in option 1. Beyond easy to comprehend and follow.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Way to go asshole. Never watching this shit show again, now that I know EXACTLY what fucking happens.
hahahahahahahaha suffer!

seriously though, why is GoT info so precious? we have comic book adaption threads where people often post comic panels of what happens in particular storylines of TV shows. (Flash and Arrow for example) and nobody tosses a fit about it, then we have people like this sui-neg .

This option has a single thread dedicated to season 6. In this thread all discussion of the current episode will be done inside of spoiler tags. After the next episode has aired then you may go about discussing the previous episodes freely without spoiler tags. After the season finale there will be a three day period allowing people to watch it before open discussion. Maybe they were locked in a storm cellar and need those days. If by some miracle a new book comes out you may post about it and will preface the spoiler tag with the word "book" or the title of said book. This means outside the spoiler tag so it appears before the button.
come along and want there to be a 7 day waiting period before we can openly discuss a GoT show that already aired? fucking really? where does this shit come from and why is it tolerated for that particular show but nowhere else? 26 of you have voted for that.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
hahahahahahahaha suffer!

seriously though, why is GoT info so precious? we have comic book adaption threads where people often post comic panels of what happens in particular storylines of TV shows. (Flash and Arrow for example) and nobody tosses a fit about it, then we have people like this sui-neg .

come along and want there to be a 7 day waiting period before we can openly discuss a GoT show that already aired? fucking really? where does this shit come from and why is it tolerated for that particular show but nowhere else? 26 of you have voted for that.
Umm that is standard in every thread.

The option you voted for is even more hand holding ..... how are you this stupid? I mean everyone knows you are stupid when it comes to TV shows but you always manage to impress us with just how stupid.

You are complaining that an option has too many rules about spoilers while voting for the one that has twice as many rules and extra threads for spoilers ....

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
hahahahahahahaha suffer!

Not gonna say who, but there was one person that reported some response(s) in a thread because an episode of another show had not yet aired in their time zone (1-3 hour difference).

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Umm that is standard in every thread.

The option you voted for is even more hand holding ..... how are you this stupid? I mean everyone knows you are stupid when it comes to TV shows but you always manage to impress us with just how stupid.

You are complaining that an option has too many rules about spoilers while voting for the one that has twice as many rules and extra threads for spoilers ....
this is your second option.
Option 2 - Elitist Theories and Stupidity

This will be status quo of what we have now. Two threads in the TV house and a third over in the book house. It is basically so you can be a hipster and post about what you read before it is made into a moving picture. You probably also watch a silent film at least once a month. The rule about leaks of episodes and screen grabs applies to needing a spoiler tag. You can discuss the books freely if Martin pulls it off and actually writes the next one, book 5.

Thread titles will be: [SPOILERS] Game of Thrones - Season 6 and Game of Thrones - Season 6 and in the book house it will be Winds of Winter - Book 5 GoT
this is whats already in place. its not what i would have or is it anything that will reasonably be followed, but its the best we got now over you sheeple and your 7 day waiting period on open discussion of aired episodes.

Not gonna say who, but there was one person that reported some response(s) in a thread because an episode of another show had not yet aired in their time zone (1-3 hour difference).
yeah, people complain on and off, i sometimes livepost about stuff happening in a show as its happening and ive seen people get butthurt over that. we established a long time ago, back in fohguild.org that the rules are, TV shows are open for discussion as soon as its hit the screen. not after the episode is over. not 3 hours after. certainly not 7 days after, but right after the moment/event is aired on the east coast. what i do when i havent seen an episode is i dont visit the thread until i do.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
I think the clear answer, is no GoT threads at all. It should not be discussed anywhere on the site anymore.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I personally have done that before against Astr0creep because he knows better. He wanders around aimlessly pretending he is a moron but he knows the rules.

It was Walking Dead, another show that has strict rules about spoilers but since Astr0 is a moron and it wasn't GoT then nothing happens.

Oh I am pretty sure it was a finale also. We used to have a thread about spoilers and exactly how to use them. He knows exactly what the rules are.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hahahahahahahaha suffer!

seriously though, why is GoT info so precious? we have comic book adaption threads where people often post comic panels of what happens in particular storylines of TV shows. (Flash and Arrow for example) and nobody tosses a fit about it
Well, I watch arrow/flash but don't read those threads because people in that thread are comic book readers who know what's going to happen. If there were a lot of people like me who wanted to post about arrow/flash and be ignorant about the comics we'd have another thread on it. Because I don't think that's the case the choice for me is simple: Either read the spoilers or stay out of the thread.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
this is your second option.
this is whats already in place. its not what i would have or is it anything that will reasonably be followed, but its the best we got now over you sheeple and your 7 day waiting period on open discussion of aired episodes.
The seven day is minus the spoiler tag ... you can post 30 seconds after it airs if you use spoiler tags ....

I know since you can't punctuate or use proper grammar or capitalize that using spoiler tags is hard.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Well, I watch arrow/flash but don't read those threads because people in that thread are comic book readers who know what's going to happen. If there were a lot of people like me who wanted to post about arrow/flash and be ignorant about the comics we'd have another thread on it. Because I don't think that's the case the choice for me is simple: Either read the spoilers or stay out of the thread.
i never read those comics, i was always a batman, dredd and spiderman reader and way back in the 80s and early 90s. the show is just a little bit different enough to keep everyone guessing. its what happens on GoT. without going into spoilers us book readers know that the show has taken quite a few liberties with the published works so yeah there are spoilers, but not as many as you think.

I do, do you know what timezones are?
do you? have you a problem subtracting your time zone from EST?

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Let's just do away with threads completely and we can PM each other our thoughts from the new season.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
do you? have you a problem subtracting your time zone from EST?
I live on the east coast so that would be zero. I also give two shits about The Walking Dead. You can't enforce a rule about spoilers in some threads but not others just because as a moderator you don't give a shit about that show. This is why this entire discussion is a farce. If the moderators care about a show (GoT) then it has rules and they are enforced and enforce harshly. If they do not care about a show even if every single other person clamored for set rules for it's thread they would just ignore it.

The point is you only follow the GoT spoilers rules because you know that is the one thread they will enforce it. You give two shits about your fellow man. You don't even read or comprehend the books and spout garbage theories you got from piss poor youtube channels. You get off in posting in the spoilers thread and trying to act like some awesome theory crafter. You are the ultimate wannabe elitist with no reason to think so.

Wait until book 5 finally comes out and it will be even more obvious you aren't reading the books just the wikis and youtube channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.