Game of Thrones - Season 6 - Poll Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Not a troll post. Maybe I didn't check the right threads in the past to get the full effect, but man, this isn't the a_skeleton_03 I remember. What happened? I'm not looking for the "Tuco is being a dumbass and I'm just here to call him on it" response you gave in the Amod thread, I mean really, what's wrong? Again, maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but the resurrected a_skeleton_03 seems a lot angrier than the old one. Is everything ok?

On topic, for regular shows I just wait to click on it until I've watched the episode. Sure I've occasionally had things "spoiled" for me because someone else watches previews for next week and I don't, but that's small potatoes. But if I click it anytime after like 3pm my time on the day it airs, I figure I deserve anything I accidentally see. Also, shows shouldn't get new threads for new seasons, not even True Detective. Sometimes it happens anyway, and I'd prefer it didn't, but I am not going to go post about it repeatedly either.

With GoT, it isn't the same at all due to the books, period. You used Lost as a comparison, but there were no Lost books some of us read and some of us didn't, just a shitload of fan theories. I'm fine with the three threads we have now, policed the same way they are now. And so is just about everyone else I would imagine.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I live on the east coast so that would be zero. I also give two shits about The Walking Dead. You can't enforce a rule about spoilers in some threads but not others just because as a moderator you don't give a shit about that show. This is why this entire discussion is a farce. If the moderators care about a show (GoT) then it has rules and they are enforced and enforce harshly. If they do not care about a show even if every single other person clamored for set rules for it's thread they would just ignore it.

The point is you only follow the GoT spoilers rules because you know that is the one thread they will enforce it. You give two shits about your fellow man. You don't even read or comprehend the books and spout garbage theories you got from piss poor youtube channels. You get off in posting in the spoilers thread and trying to act like some awesome theory crafter. You are the ultimate wannabe elitist with no reason to think so.

Wait until book 5 finally comes out and it will be even more obvious you aren't reading the books just the wikis and youtube channels.
i dont post unaired spoilers. if you can count to 3 and tell time then its on you to be aware of when a tv shows airs on the east coast. and here is the dirty little secret, even with spoiler tags, people will still click on them to see what everyone is talking about. that enigmatic tag is just too much curiosity for some people (myself included) to resist clicking. might as well make it a big, red, shiny, candylike button.

-edit
and book 5 came out in 2011, dumbass.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
He prolly got ripped off by another prostitute again, so its time to come back to the forums and take his angst out on the only people he can.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Not a troll post. Maybe I didn't check the right threads in the past to get the full effect, but man, this isn't the a_skeleton_03 I remember. What happened? I'm not looking for the "Tuco is being a dumbass and I'm just here to call him on it" response you gave in the Amod thread, I mean really, what's wrong? Again, maybe I'm not remembering correctly, but the resurrected a_skeleton_03 seems a lot angrier than the old one. Is everything ok?

On topic, for regular shows I just wait to click on it until I've watched the episode. Sure I've occasionally had things "spoiled" for me because someone else watches previews for next week and I don't, but that's small potatoes. But if I click it anytime after like 3pm my time on the day it airs, I figure I deserve anything I accidentally see. Also, shows shouldn't get new threads for new seasons, not even True Detective. Sometimes it happens anyway, and I'd prefer it didn't, but I am not going to go post about it repeatedly either.

With GoT, it isn't the same at all due to the books, period. You used Lost as a comparison, but there were no Lost books some of us read and some of us didn't, just a shitload of fan theories. I'm fine with the three threads we have now, policed the same way they are now. And so is just about everyone else I would imagine.
The angst you are picking up on is 99.99% just fluff. I do think Astr0creep is a stupid moron that buys favor by creating a thread to circumvent the reputation system for what it's designed for and now thinks he is an indispensable hero. He has ruined almost every movie and tv show thread he has been part of. The guy is spoiler cancer and shitty youtube theory AIDS.

That being said I read several pages of discussion on how a forum of grown ass adults were going to move forward next year. Grown men and women lost about how they were going to handle spoilers on a TV show ... These adults are professionals in their industry, have kids, own houses, and make real decisions. Something so complicated as a possible book coming out before or after a season starts and whether or not numerous sideplots in the previous book are going to bring the world to its knees next year is actually seriously being discussed.

This is a gift horse of emotions ready to be tapped.

I, personally, have read more Martin back in high school than probably most of the forum since I read all of his WildCARDs stuff. I also am dropping the hipster card and read GoT way before it was cool. I could care less if a book or show is spoiled whether it's his or another.

I just can't believe that this forum which will post tranny dicks everywhere is worried about potentially ruining a person's TV experience by typing out a few words or posting a screenshot.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
yeah, that wasnt you shilling on this board for funds for some cokehoe
Ahh but where did I actually send any money myself? Even if I did she wasn't a prostitute. She is now but she was not then.

Game of Thrones is too complicated for you Astr0 and that has books and TV and wiki and youtube to hold your hand and explain it all. Don't try to actually read on a forum or understand any actual realities in life. It is beyond yours and hodj's skill set.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Should have just let a_skeleton_03 play on his alt. thanks Tuco.
Those were the good days
biggrin.png

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Tuco always has an ace up his sleeve on this shit, though.
What you don't get is that I in fact AM the ace up the sleeve.

I come back in, start up a ruckuss about GoT and spoilers. He then says: "we change nothing" and then the discussion is over. Problem is solved and no more back and forth about how to handle spoilers because a group of grown ass adults can't come to an agreement without a catalyst to solve it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ahh but where did I actually send any money myself? Even if I did she wasn't a prostitute. She is now but she was not then.

Game of Thrones is too complicated for you Astr0 and that has books and TV and wiki and youtube to hold your hand and explain it all. Don't try to actually read on a forum or understand any actual realities in life. It is beyond yours and hodj's skill set.
oh thats right, you provided her non prescribed drugs for sex you never claimed to have. gotcha. not prostitution at all.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
oh thats right, you provided her non prescribed drugs for sex you never claimed to have. gotcha. not prostitution at all.
Proof or it didn't happen. I would cut my dick off and smother myself in a plastic bag before I voluntarily made more than passing contact with a smoker like her.

You realize that entire thread is one huge troll right? I mean you get that don't you?

She was telling the truth about medical bills and her brother and I told you different and you believed it .... You got trolled into believing she did nothing but lie. In all actuality this forum was probably one of the reasons she went into prostitution when you think about it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Lol look at the pathetic dickless coward trying to deny it.

Its all a matter of well known public record.

Status
Not open for further replies.