GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
First you claim live TV is for women and then you claim live sports ...

I cut the cord in winter of 2001 and never looked back. All of my shows download automatically within minutes of them finishing airing. Even before that we were early adopters of TiVo and never watched a single show we didn't timeshift.

She can name any show out there, I can go type it into my software and automagically have every past episode downloaded and all future ones downloading as they air
She can pause or stop a show and pick it back up on any device anywhere in the world. It marks what she has watched already and shows her only new episodes. She can toss a show into shuffle mode and watch Friends all night.

People claiming you can't cut the cord because of women just aren't doing it correctly.
Most women don't want to fuck around with torrents and dedicated media servers. If you found one that does great, but most don't, and I can't blame them. They want to turn on ABC and watch the Bachelorette live when it airs so they can text about it with their friends. I'm the same way with the shit I watch.
As for live sports there isn't a sport out there you can't livestream to your TV with only 30 seconds of googling or some already bookmarked subreddits. If you want to there are super easy methods to get legit options as well that are much cheaper than an entire year of cable with an expensive sport package.
Sure if you want dogshit, unreliable 240p quality streams that are generally a few minutes behind the live broadcast. And I think we have different ideas of "expensive" here. I currently pay $35/mo for DirecTV Now with 100+ channels including HBO. It's more like $10/month when you factor in the $25 credit I get from AT&T for being an unlimited wireless customer.

$10/month for the convenience of live TV versus the hassle of downloading and seeding torrents and dealing with dogshit picture quality? It's an easy decision. Besides, I'm sure you're paying at least that much between electricity and components for the home server you're running.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, you can get a 1080p livestream of any NFL game just by checking reddit.

The real problems for me is when I want to watch boxing or UFC. THOSE streams are fucking shit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's just too much work scouring the internet to find whatever you are looking for and subscribing to 10 different services when for the price of a dinner for two you can just have everything you could ever want and the ability to record it effortlessly in perfect high def with no load times. In addition companies like comcast and AT&T are just jacking up the price of your internet service to make up for the fact that you're not paying for TV anymore so it's not really much of a savings.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Most women don't want to fuck around with torrents and dedicated media servers. If you found one that does great, but most don't, and I can't blame them.
This is where you show your inexperience there kiddo.

My wife doesn't know how the sausage is made. She has an app she turns on that has every show she could ever desire. It is on every single TV, her phone, her iPad, a website she has bookmarked, everywhere.

You have DirecTV Now which is how I know you are stupid. What you have is essentially no different from what I have when it comes to "technical difficulty for a woman". The difference is you don't have 1500 movies and 226 TV shows with over 12k episodes you can watch at any time, anywhere.

Now on to your stupidity and lack of knowledge about live sports. Every major sport out there has an official live stream option that is quite cheap that has minimum 720p quality and no delay. You are NOT getting a better stream from DirecTV Now.

Lastly this forum you are browsing is my media server in a data center. I don't pay for electricity.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
To be fair, you can get a 1080p livestream of any NFL game just by checking reddit.

The real problems for me is when I want to watch boxing or UFC. THOSE streams are fucking shit.
And those are PPV anyways which is external to the monthly price.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
This is where you show your inexperience there kiddo.

My wife doesn't know how the sausage is made. She has an app she turns on that has every show she could ever desire. It is on every single TV, her phone, her iPad, a website she has bookmarked, everywhere.

You have DirecTV Now which is how I know you are stupid. What you have is essentially no different from what I have when it comes to "technical difficulty for a woman". The difference is you don't have 1500 movies and 226 TV shows with over 12k episodes you can watch at any time, anywhere.
okay? but you don't have a live TV subscription, she can't turn on ABC and watch the Bachelorette when it comes on. that's the whole point...

also, we're all very capable of torrenting infinite amount of media as well. this isn't some sort of special talent that you should be bragging about.

Now on to your stupidity and lack of knowledge about live sports. Every major sport out there has an official live stream option that is quite cheap that has minimum 720p quality and no delay. You are NOT getting a better stream from DirecTV Now.

you're right, and they all cost money. are you really that dumb that you can't follow the discussion here? do I need to spell it out for you? people are complaining that Cable TV packages are terrible value. sure, you can go ahead and buy season ticket or whatever at a huge cost, but it defeats one of the main goals of cord cutting. going by your dumb ass logic here, i should just cancel my cable package and go buy the Miami Dolphins so I can watch all their games. LOL.

Lastly this forum you are browsing is my media server in a data center. I don't pay for electricity.
okay so you're paying the bill to the data center which includes electricity and a ton of other charges. nice brain smart guy.

fris

Vyemm Raider
my wife watches more netflix & hulu than i do. we dropped cable years ago because our dvr was filled w/ crap and kids shows. our 2 boys can watch their shows on amazon or netflix.

the only reason you want cable is for live sports.

hgtv shows can be streamed just as easy as anything else. they're even less time relevant than sitcoms. how this is a discussion and why is it still shitting up the GoT thread. it it outside reasonable exceptions to think this debate will be finished or moved else where before next season starts?

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
okay? but you don't have a live TV subscription, she can't turn on ABC and watch the Bachelorette when it comes on. that's the whole point...

If you are watching TV live with commercials instead of time shifted in current year then you are a shitty person with shitty taste. Just because you date trash women that like trash reality shows does not mean the rest of the female population does. Date a better class of woman ...

also, we're all very capable of torrenting infinite amount of media as well. this isn't some sort of special talent that you should be bragging about.

This isn't some special skill but I think you are stuck in ancient times thinking there is a need to sit down every night and go download your shows that aired 3 hours earlier. With all the automation tools I have every single movie and TV show that I want to watch already queued in the system. When it finds it then it downloads it, moves it to the right folder, renames it, notifies the media center, and deletes it from the torrent client. I hear about a new show or movie I open a website, type it in, hit add and I am done.

you're right, and they all cost money. are you really that dumb that you can't follow the discussion here? do I need to spell it out for you? people are complaining that Cable TV packages are terrible value. sure, you can go ahead and buy season ticket or whatever at a huge cost, but it defeats one of the main goals of cord cutting. going by your dumb ass logic here, i should just cancel my cable package and go buy the Miami Dolphins so I can watch all their games. LOL.

For less money than you are paying I can get higher quality streams straight from the NFL with zero delay to include red zone. My point is that it isn't a huge cost if you have half a brain. You don't so you don't realize you can get the season for $100 or less. If that's all I spend a year I am under your costs even after your discounted rate.

okay so you're paying the bill to the data center which includes electricity and a ton of other charges. nice brain smart guy.

No, you are paying for it via ad revenue! But if I did pay for it then it would be the same price as you are paying and I have full control unlike you. Does directv now even have DVR support or is it 1999 up in there?

Also I don't know what you think is necessary for hardware to do this but I used to run it on my PC that was already on 24/7 so the electricity was "free" like your ATT discount drops the price. Even when I switched to a NAS the price for power to run it for a year was probably less than you pay a month.

TL;DR - You have no idea the options out there. You want to be on the opposite side of the issue because that's how you troll. There is room for both options and dismissing one because you haven't done any research is just par for the course kegkilla stupidity.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
it outside reasonable exceptions to think this debate will be finished or moved else where before next season starts?
Keg is about to bail from the conversation and then it would be over since he is the only person with shit for brains on the topic.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
If you are watching TV live with commercials instead of time shifted in current year then you are a shitty person with shitty taste. Just because you date trash women that like trash reality shows does not mean the rest of the female population does. Date a better class of woman ...
Regardless of the invention of DVR, people still like to see shit when it first airs. i frequently get together with friends to watch new episodes of Thrones, etc. i guess you're not familiar with that concept for obvious reasons. if you would like to compare women though I will be happy to stack up my broads against whatever farm animal you ended up with.
This isn't some special skill but I think you are stuck in ancient times thinking there is a need to sit down every night and go download your shows that aired 3 hours earlier. With all the automation tools I have every single movie and TV show that I want to watch already queued in the system. When it finds it then it downloads it, moves it to the right folder, renames it, notifies the media center, and deletes it from the torrent client. I hear about a new show or movie I open a website, type it in, hit add and I am done.
right, so can any of us. I am not impressed. I do plenty of torrenting myself.

For less money than you are paying I can get higher quality streams straight from the NFL with zero delay to include red zone. My point is that it isn't a huge cost if you have half a brain. You don't so you don't realize you can get the season for $100 or less. If that's all I spend a year I am under your costs even after your discounted rate.
you are referring to whatever bootleg scheme you did where you signed up for NFL streaming with a Uzbekistan IP address or some shit. smart move for 2016 but NFL will have it plugged for the 2017 season.

No, you are paying for it via ad revenue! But if I did pay for it then it would be the same price as you are paying and I have full control unlike you. Does directv now even have DVR support or is it 1999 up in there?
no, you're paying a shitload more because you have to factor in your data center costs, and you don't get the convenience of live TV

TL;DR - You have no idea the options out there. You want to be on the opposite side of the issue because that's how you troll. There is room for both options and dismissing one because you haven't done any research is just par for the course kegkilla stupidity.
i have complete knowledge of all the options and have researched them in depth. I have chosen the option that makes the most sense for myself and my lifestyle. my content options are greater than yours and my costs are lower than yours. i will do my best to try to refrain from PMing you Game of Thrones spoilers after the initial airing but before you are able to watch it.

SorrowsEnd

Trakanon Raider
yeah, throw on some Twitch streams. that'll get the panties dropping real fast.

I usually hear a few times a night from twitch viewers that their wife/girlfriend/female friend thinks my voice is hot.

You just need to find the right streams!

ZyyzYzzy

RIP USA
<Banned>
Im picturing Keg watching just commercials, listening to only Linkin Park, Creed, Smash Mouth, and Nickleback. Dressed like Joey Fatone

• 1Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
*you're

fuck you're stupid. no wonder you can't get a job that allows you to afford $15 for HBO :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

stealing is unlawfully taking something that doesn't belong to you. the impact of the crime might not be as immediately evident (especially to a dumb shit like yourself) but it's certainly still there. try to spin it / justify it however the fuck you want, you're still a shit-for-brains poverty monkey :emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:
You stupid cockloving motherfucker. How did I miss this gem of a post.

Downloading a digital copy of a movie or song is exactly the moral equivalent of when your friend made you a mix tape in 1992. Exactly the fucking same thing.

If there is any crime involved, the crime is on the part of the person who made the copy. Even that crime would not be theft, but copyright violation -- they had no legal right to copy it.

You are a fucking ridiculous hypocrite and worse, a boring contrarian who cant even pick a realistic viewpoint to advocate for.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Downloading a digital copy of a movie or song is exactly the moral equivalent of when your friend made you a mix tape in 1992. Exactly the fucking same thing.
Not even close to the "fucking same thing"

Artists in the music biz have a lot more revenue streams than just record sales. Concerts are where they make most of their money and word of mouth is huge as it's driven by social cliques. Your friend's mixtape could have motivated you to go see that band's concert, or buy their shirt, or buy their album so you can hear all of their songs not on the radio. This is literally the concept behind mixtapes that are made in the hip hop community.

HBO exists due to subscription revenue. If we all decided to be jew American Inventors like yourself and stop paying for it, it would cease to exist. When you download an episode of Game of Thrones you aren't doing anyone any favors other than yourself, you pathetic little shit.

• 1Like

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Game of Thrones - Unaired Spoilers in Tags - watch Aspies argue about cable bills for 3 more months

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Keg, did you ever play on VZ/TZ / R99? Cause a_skeleton_03 just dunked on you.

And I have Prime. Forgot about that, because I NEVER use it.

Fyi, my wife thinks Lyrical's voice is sexy, and finds GrandGrant hilarious. As far as comparing pussy . . . smash all the sluts you want as you realize you are a genetic dead end? (I could be wrong homie!) But no, seriously, who compares turbo fucking sluts as an adult? Did you not get that out of your system during highschool / college?? Cause most of the guys I know, did.

And I concur, if your qualification for who to fuck is that they require to watch the Bachelorette live at your house . . . up your fucking game.

I also miss Woolygimp . . . that dude was a force of nature at times.

Third time, wtf do you do for a living? Genuinely curious at this point.

I'm sure I missed some shit . . . great derail imo. We gotta kill the months somehow. (And apparently a_skeleton_03 has a great setup I need to copy. Lol)