GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
You download music but you draw the line at Game of Thrones?
I haven't really downloaded any music since Spotify came to be, and even back when I did, I still had the balls to acknowledge that I was stealing. I am sorry, Scott.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
but this is not one of those cases since HBO now is available to everybody at $15 / month.
Sure. Everybody

I tried to watch Game Of Thrones legally in France, Here is what happened

It's an unfortunate turn of events that pirated stuff is usually a better product than the legal. As in "don't have to suffer shitty unskippable ads and legal warning about illegal downloading on my legally purchased DVD". Really? I've bought your DVD and you're still trying to tell me not to pirate it? You think pirates will include that in their rips?

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
I don't think anyone here would argue against downloading in the situation that article describes. I also don't think everyone (anyone?) here that pirates the show is in such a situation.

Sterling

El Presidente
I don't think anyone here would argue against downloading in the situation that article describes. I also don't think everyone (anyone?) here that pirates the show is in such a situation.
Pirate now, Blu-ray later is probably a pretty common situation on these forums though.

• 1Like

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Really? Legalized theft? Nobody is forcing you to pay for cable. If it costs too much for what you get out of it, don't buy it.

Why do you hate capitalism?

Yeah, hyperbole struck. It's more like having a bunch of companies offering shit for top dollar when it's worth pennies, if that. So instead of being legalized theft, it's really just a lot of shitty collusion between the (old) primary content delivery service for television shows. Thankfully a huge chunk of relevant media outlets stream their content now for minor fees. Just need to get those shitty "have a cable subscription to watch" holdouts to stop their nonsense.

I don't hate capitalism; I hate the shitty providers that have(had) a stranglehold on certain content and force you to pay 3-4x what you would in order to bundle in shit you don't want. Streaming is killing it, and thankfully so, however.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Nice to see the spoiler debate has lived on.

Also, what fucking momo actually has cable any more? TJT, I thought more of you. I will never pay for commercials. And that is all DirectTV is.

Either way, stay out of the thread if you don't want to be spoilered. Fags.

The fuck? I haven't owned a TV in 15 years. Let alone cable.

EZTV is a torrent site that is in a nice convenient list format.

EZTV - TV Torrents Online Series Download | Official

iannis

Musty Nester
I haven't really downloaded any music since Spotify came to be, and even back when I did, I still had the balls to acknowledge that I was stealing. I am sorry, Scott.

Spotify is actually really good.

I've typed shit in just because "nah, they won't have this."

Boom, dey hav dis.

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
TJT TJT Shit man my fault, I thought this was your post. Getting close to being over worked, mind is running out of gas.

Even if I had good internet I would be happy to pay for DirecTV. It's a ton of entertainment for a fairly nominal fee, and HBO is the best part of it.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
Nice to see the spoiler debate has lived on.

Also, what fucking momo actually has cable any more? TJT, I thought more of you. I will never pay for commercials. And that is all DirectTV is.

Either way, stay out of the thread if you don't want to be spoilered. Fags.
if there were any women in your life, you would understand that having some form of TV subscription is necessity. but there aren't, so you don't.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
if there were any women in your life, you would understand that having some form of TV subscription is necessity. but there aren't, so you don't.

What do I really need beyond Netflix, access to DirecTV online junk, HBO Go / Now whatever, torrents, Twitch, Streaming sites (legit and bootleg), a blu ray collection, more terabytes of media than I will ever watch, and 5 different sets of streaming hardware?

Nm, you are right. I should pay 100/mo for 300 shit channels and 40% commercials that are mind numbingly bad and about products I don't give a fuck about and will never purchase. Brilliant!

Edit: And you never told me what you do for a living after giving shit tax advice in the other thread.

• 1Like

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
yeah, throw on some Twitch streams. that'll get the panties dropping real fast.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Rezz

Mr. Poopybutthole
Pick the outlier; use it as example of the mean.

If you -need- to have cable/direct TV in this day and age, you should probably try to hang around women who don't watch shit like the Housewives of Atlanta. Netflix alone handles 90% of most needs, not to mention that most people who do the streaming shit probably also have Amazon Prime so they can do that as well. Throw in HBO GO and there's the most you need for the non-trailer trash female population. Your mileage may, and apparently, varies.

• 1Like

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider

If you -need- to have cable/direct TV in this day and age, you should probably try to hang around women who don't watch shit like the Housewives of Atlanta. Netflix alone handles 90% of most needs, not to mention that most people who do the streaming shit probably also have Amazon Prime so they can do that as well. Throw in HBO GO and there's the most you need for the non-trailer trash female population. Your mileage may, and apparently, varies.
Exactly how I live. Netflix (not mine), Prime (mine), Hulu (not mine), HBO Go (mine), Showtime (mine). Done deal.

Plus a firestick.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>

Live sports

Itlan

Blackwing Lair Raider
To be fair, all of those sound like they might add up to 1 cable sub.
Well I rarely ever use the Hulu account so we can ignore that, I pay $50 a year for prime ($4 a month), $15 for HBO which included Showtime, Cinemax, etc. (Cablevision cut me a deal, it's only "on demand" viewing though, I can't watch the channels live), and I just mooch my sister's Netflix account.

So in reality I'm paying $20 a month + internet.

spronk

FPS noob
secrets to happy married life: get HGTV and animal planet. i'm perfectly happy cordless and downloading shit but women need those 2 channels

the only downside to HGTV is when your wife sees some goddamn remodeling shit she thinks you can do. fucking up the job isn't the answer either, that just leads to expensive ass contractors

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>

Live sports

First you claim live TV is for women and then you claim live sports ...

I cut the cord in winter of 2001 and never looked back. All of my shows download automatically within minutes of them finishing airing. Even before that we were early adopters of TiVo and never watched a single show we didn't timeshift.

She can name any show out there, I can go type it into my software and automagically have every past episode downloaded and all future ones downloading as they air.

She can pause or stop a show and pick it back up on any device anywhere in the world. It marks what she has watched already and shows her only new episodes. She can toss a show into shuffle mode and watch Friends all night.

People claiming you can't cut the cord because of women just aren't doing it correctly.

As for live sports there isn't a sport out there you can't livestream to your TV with only 30 seconds of googling or some already bookmarked subreddits. If you want to there are super easy methods to get legit options as well that are much cheaper than an entire year of cable with an expensive sport package.