GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Xevy

Log Wizard
Here's what we need:

Bronn spinoff, maybe Bronn prequel. Think Xena but with more fucking and tits.
Rhaegar series. Make him all honorable and shit. For the renaissance faire type fans.
Nymeria for the ladies. Bitch warrior queen takes over the fucking world with her army. Tells dudes to lick her clit.
Some Warlock explorer dude who goes to the unknown regions of the world GRRM has written mostly nothing about.

I honestly bet 1/4 comes true.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i cant think of one thing i look forward to. every single thing from the books has been ruined for me with this show. i'll still watch, but this show is basically now HBO 's version of The Walking Dead. i'm literally rooting for the ice zombies to kill everyone like i do with TWD.

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
I agree. Book Cersei is clearly a villain and the show couldn't even get that correct.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I agree. Book Cersei is clearly a villain and the show couldn't even get that correct.
i dont even care to argue about it. the books are never getting finished and these horrible writers are finishing the series based on feels and HBO politics. fuck it all.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
i dont even care to argue about it. the books are never getting finished and these horrible writers are finishing the series based on feels and HBO politics. fuck it all.
I'm looking forward to Jon Snow blowing the Horn of Winter himself then deadpanning directly into the camera and saying, "we don't need walls."

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's nice to see that Astro hasn't given up on having terrible opinions about movies and television.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm looking forward to Jon Snow blowing the Horn of Winter himself then deadpanning directly into the camera and saying, "we don't need walls."
haha yeah, then we can get some bushy haired wildling yell, grab em by the pussy and then be impaled right afterward. hang his head on a spike, right next to George Bush's

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
you mean besides the rampant feminism of last season? did you forget about the girl power alliance between dany and the sand snakes?
You are assuming that has anything to do with the US political landscape and not just terrible writing from Martin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Cybsled

I smell Dunk and Egg, Robert's Rebellion, the Dance of the Dragons.

These seem like the most likely ones for spin offs. Dance of Dragons would be pretty sick if they showed Valaria before the doom. Robert's Rebellion would be cool, but the downside is you would be casting actors intended to play younger versions of GoT characters. Young Ned didn't have the same appeal as Sean Bean Ned ;p

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Feminists were boycotting this show because of rape scenes. If both sides are claiming your biased then you must be pretty balanced.

• 4Like

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
You know he is helping them write episodes even if it isn't part of a book right?
No he isn't. Not in any real capacity.

I try and stay out of commenting in this forum but George is not actually writing or helping to write the on-air episodes. He has said as much. What he does do is consult the writers about where he thinks the story SHOULD go and ONLY if they want to stay true to the books and the way he is framing it. He has stated publicly (and privately) that the show and his books could be totally different, and is fine with it. In his mind they are two different interpretations of the same tale. Benioff and Weiss are the defaco writers and have the final say for everything you see on screen on HBO. Martin was a staff writer for years on a few different shows and he knows television production very well and knows enough to stay out of the way of the showrunners, especially when they are responsible for a runaway success.

That being said, he is very much removed from how they shape the story in the show vs how he shapes it in his books. The demarcation lines are made very clear.

I actually know George personally and if you think the current political climate, SJW bullshit or whatever nonsense you want to inject has ANY impact on how he already framed this story years ago, you're just about as wrong as wrong can be.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users