Gamestop enters the fray!

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Sadly some "can't wait for a PS4/XBOne" types are bound to jump on it though and screw themselves on the interest.

spronk

FPS noob
i've built up over $400 of gamestop credit and $2k+ best buy credit by arbitraging new games and doing some massive electronic money shuffling ($10k+ a month), if gamestop is dumb enough to allow promos like 10% back on purchases and stuff like that it'll be another way to basically get all games for free every year.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Vaclav

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
i've built up over $400 of gamestop credit and $2k+ best buy credit by arbitraging new games and doing some massive electronic money shuffling ($10k+ a month), if gamestop is dumb enough to allow promos like 10% back on purchases and stuff like that it'll be another way to basically get all games for free every year.
Nothing like that's been announced so far - and sounds like if they will it will be part of the "PowerUp Points" stuff which is relatively weak.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So I wandered into gamestop hoping to find PS4 Just Dance 2015 for my daughter for cheap and they actually had it for 14 bucks. Sold.

I go to check out.
Clerk: Find everything ok?
Me: Yes, thank you.
Clerk: Phone number for power card?
Me: Just want the game. I Haven't had a power card since it was called something else and gave me a magizine subscription.
Clerk: Phone number should stil work.
Me: OK...number is (phone number).
Clerk: Don't see you here, do you want to sign up for power reward card? It earns points.
Me: No thanks I just want the game for my daughter.
Clerk: You sure, we can deduct the savings on this purchase towards the price of the card. Oh and that version works with the camera any interest, we have some used as well.
Me: I'm sure and No thanks I have all that already I just want the game.
Clerk: Do you want the 2 dollar disc protection?
Me: No
Clerk: Ok that will be 16.23, if you change your mind you we can credit your next purchase towards the cost of the card.
Me:...
Clerk: I am also including a coupon for 5 dollars extra on any trade ins.

Fuck you gamestop, fuck you for making your employees do all of that bullshit. Fuck you for making everything far harder than it should have been.

• 6Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
The things we do for our children...

Or you could have gone to Amazon and...

Amazon.com: Just Dance 2015 - PlayStation 4: Ubisoft: Video Games

Free shipping on used titles with prime, still had it in time for the weekend, and not even left your house :)

5f6b6e6f775f62616e6e65722e6a70672f7265766973696f6e2f6c61746573743f63623d3230313331323234323333303333

spronk

FPS noob
actually the one from like 3 months ago where they did an in depth history of Bioware was awesome, they interviewed the Doctor founders and it was sad/nostalgic reading about how awesome Bioware was in the 90s :( The guys knew absolutely nothing about video games, made like Baldurs Gate, and then shopped it around to publishers by sending them floppy discs with demos and stuff. Its an awesome 10 page article.

its my go to shitting magazine, I can spend like 45 minutes every afternoon with my game informer keeping me regular. My other go to magazine is National Geographic

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Amazon existing today sure makes me glad I didn't go to all the trouble of starting a business to try and sell anything lol

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
So I wandered into gamestop hoping to find PS4 Just Dance 2015 for my daughter for cheap and they actually had it for 14 bucks. Sold.

I go to check out.
Clerk: Find everything ok?
Me: Yes, thank you.
Clerk: Phone number for power card?
Me: Just want the game. I Haven't had a power card since it was called something else and gave me a magizine subscription.
Clerk: Phone number should stil work.
Me: OK...number is (phone number).
Clerk: Don't see you here, do you want to sign up for power reward card? It earns points.
Me: No thanks I just want the game for my daughter.
Clerk: You sure, we can deduct the savings on this purchase towards the price of the card. Oh and that version works with the camera any interest, we have some used as well.
Me: I'm sure and No thanks I have all that already I just want the game.
Clerk: Do you want the 2 dollar disc protection?
Me: No
Clerk: Ok that will be 16.23, if you change your mind you we can credit your next purchase towards the cost of the card.
Me:...
Clerk: I am also including a coupon for 5 dollars extra on any trade ins.

Fuck you gamestop, fuck you for making your employees do all of that bullshit. Fuck you for making everything far harder than it should have been.

So you are shopping at a store that makes all its money of Memberships, trade ins and add ons, and you get mad when they try to sell you all three?

Do you start screeching when a restaurant tries to up sell you to a large beer for 2 dollars more?

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
So you are shopping at a store that makes all its money of Memberships, trade ins and add ons, and you get mad when they try to sell you all three?

Do you start screeching when a restaurant tries to up sell you to a large beer for 2 dollars more?

You almost got me, still pull out a fork and eat a dick.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user