General Gaming News and Discussion

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Fixed for both you fgts it’s Mutant League!
FTFY

The GOAT

1689636429899.jpeg
IMG_1385.gif

• 8Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
It's really impressive how good MLB The Show has been for a very long-time. They actually really respond to their customers and make necessary changes. By far the best sports game out right now. The only one I can really play anymore.

MLB The Show was good enough I was terrible at hitting, which felt realistic! Still had a lot of bloat that I got annoyed with.

NBA2K are shit. I've still gotten a few on the cheap before that gen got unsupported, but forcing shitty story stuff and the public neighborhood shit and forcing people to go do a fucking workout for boosts and trying to force online play. Just everything unrelated to the actual basketball was inexplicably terrible, and the basketball was only ever serviceable.

I wish someone would just focus on the actual sport and non of the extra shit. But even racing games are bloated with bullshit. The Gran Turismo that came with the PS2 was the last good racing/sports game because it was hyper focused on the actual activities and physics and non of the "social" bullshit.

And fuckers need to get off my lawn!

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
It's really impressive how good MLB The Show has been for a very long-time. They actually really respond to their customers and make necessary changes. By far the best sports game out right now. The only one I can really play anymore.

Lol baseball

• 1Edgelord
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Blitz

<Bronze Donator>
MLB The Show was good enough I was terrible at hitting, which felt realistic! Still had a lot of bloat that I got annoyed with.

NBA2K are shit. I've still gotten a few on the cheap before that gen got unsupported, but forcing shitty story stuff and the public neighborhood shit and forcing people to go do a fucking workout for boosts and trying to force online play. Just everything unrelated to the actual basketball was inexplicably terrible, and the basketball was only ever serviceable.

I wish someone would just focus on the actual sport and non of the extra shit. But even racing games are bloated with bullshit. The Gran Turismo that came with the PS2 was the last good racing/sports game because it was hyper focused on the actual activities and physics and non of the "social" bullshit.

And fuckers need to get off my lawn!
It's got far less, at least in the modes I play.

All these sports games now are built around the Ultimate Team/Diamond Dynasty card-game modes were you collect cards and build your own team.

Some games like NBA 2k, Madden, and FIFA just absolutely bludgeon the fuck out of you about it and it's massive money sink. The Show's is far more approachable, and requires no additional money to get "end-game" cards. Still, even The Show will lean too heavily into this game mode - but it's by far these sports games biggest money maker.

Wish IPs actually cared about Franchise more, but that doesn't really exist anymore.

Still holding out some miniscule amount of hope for a decent NCAA CFB game, or more importantly 2Ks Football game.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don’t remember that creeping in to Tiger Woods 2023 or whatever it is called now. It just had the worst menu system and UX I’ve about ever seen.

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
The Show's is far more approachable, and requires no additional money to get "end-game" cards. Still, even The Show will lean too heavily into this game mode - but it's by far these sports games biggest money maker.

I went like half a season barely understanding all the cards and trading and equipment with boosts and upgradef badges or whatever they were. Once I did start to play with all that I sorta lost interest. I just want to play, not upgrade my player like an rpg.

Do people ever like all that stuff? Seems everyone gets annoyed by it, but must be popular or a money maker for the to continue it.

I long for simpler times.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Oh yeah, watching pieces of metal vibrate in a circle with no interaction was a great sports game.
Yep, it had the added bonus of catching the metal corners and cutting yourself. Talk about immersion!

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
stfu this was the best baseball game OF ALL TIME

View attachment 482992

My second baseman with laser arm and hover propulsion instead of legs was undefeated. Best upgrade because you would catch people stealing second and if it was close they would just fight my most upgraded team member. The secret was that the hover jump attack was OP.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
stfu this was the best baseball game OF ALL TIME

View attachment 482992
Hmm I was specifically calling out the best football game only. This is indeed the best baseball game of all time.

Ice Hockey is the best ice hockey game of all time.

Rock n Roll Racing is the best racing game of all time.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Ice Hockey is the best ice hockey game of all time.
No. This game actually got me to like watching hockey for like 4-5 years, that's how good it was. Still keep my classic Robopenguin pin on my desk.

1689703526480.png

• 2Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
No. This game actually got me to like watching hockey for like 4-5 years, that's how good it was. Still keep my classic Robopenguin pin on my desk.

View attachment 482996
My and my childhood friend used to play the living fuck out of this while blasting Aerosmith's "Get a Grip" album on cassette to get us pumped. Good times.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My and my childhood friend used to play the living fuck out of this while blasting Aerosmith's "Get a Grip" album on cassette to get us pumped. Good times.
I think it's also in the opening of Mallrats.