General Gaming News and Discussion

Bubbles

2022 Asshat Award Winner
<Bronze Donator>
looks like Linus is fucked. People are leaving and beginning to talk. Now the real shit starts to surface. That bitch ass should have taken the 100 mill and just fucked off. I bet in a few months the brand new CEO quietly leaves and Linus will spin it that he has to take change again to turn things around.

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
looks like Linus is fucked. People are leaving and beginning to talk. Now the real shit starts to surface. That bitch ass should have taken the 100 mill and just fucked off. I bet in a few months the brand new CEO quietly leaves and Linus will spin it that he has to take change again to turn things around.

She's been gone for quite a while, and she wasn't there very long to begin with. She might be indicative of the problem in demanding too tight timelines, but she isn't directly related to things going on now.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
“I quit because it was too demanding”

I don’t see how he’s fucked, even if every person who quit said the same thing. He’s the boss, this is the work environment they chose, it was too much so they left. Employees from companies in all sectors have that same experience. That’s a completely normal job situation and cycle of actions from the employees.

He still has 15.5m subscribers. They’ll be fine.

Burns

“I quit because it was too demanding”

I don’t see how he’s fucked, even if every person who quit said the same thing. He’s the boss, this is the work environment they chose, it was too much so they left. Employees from companies in all sectors have that same experience. That’s a completely normal job situation and cycle of actions from the employees.

He still has 15.5m subscribers. They’ll be fine.
Well I for one, have never watched one of their videos, so I know they are hurting!

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Well I for one, have never watched one of their videos, so I know they are hurting!
It used to be entertaining but they just turned into a consoomer slop channel years ago. Shilling for corporate sponsors. Selling $75 rebranded screwdrivers to morons. It’s garbage.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Because this thread is just so fucking busy and the LTT topic is totally distracting from other hot bits of discussion right?

Shut the fuck up.

• 6Worf
  • 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Palum

what Suineg set it to
This shit is dumber than twitch drama.
GN be like

theres-one-thing-you-dont-have-and-thats-tegridy-randy-marsh.gif

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Wow. Steve has to feel like an absolute Chad after causing a company that big to make such a big announcement and wide change to their processes. Alpha nerd.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Wow. Steve has to feel like an absolute Chad after causing a company that big to make such a big announcement and wide change to their processes. Alpha nerd.

We're gonna see the follow up video of GN being invited to LTT Labs and them hugging it out and doing another livestream build off / tech support battle.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
We're gonna see the follow up video of GN being invited to LTT Labs and them hugging it out and doing another livestream build off / tech support battle.
If Steve is happy with the “we’re sorry” video I would not be surprised to see that at all. I’m sure LTT will be pushing to make it happen if they can.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
The apology video video is monetized and they plug the merch store. These guys have no shame.

Yeah I almost made a comment about how tacky that was and the cheap humor. But at this point I don't expect anything less. They could have done the whole thing without sticking Linus's smug and condescending mea culpa at the end. He couldn't even keep from rolling his eyes a few times while "apologizing." Luke seems like the only one trying to do something. I guess the Linux guy wasn't available to comment? They could have stuck him in for extra sympathy points.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Yeah I almost made a comment about how tacky that was and the cheap humor. But at this point I don't expect anything less. They could have done the whole thing without sticking Linus's smug and condescending mea culpa at the end. He couldn't even keep from rolling his eyes a few times while "apologizing." Luke seems like the only one trying to do something. I guess the Linux guy wasn't available to comment? They could have stuck him in for extra sympathy points.
Linus making his excuses was weak too. Just stop dude.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Chief Executive Officer ching chang looks like he's a disabled autist. Skull and face have zero alignment and it weirds me tf out looking at him talk.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Linus crawled under the bus on his own. They might've thrown it in reverse and backed over him a few times though.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users