General Gaming News and Discussion

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Yeah makes me feel uncomfortable when I'm in a supermarket or resturant and people have screen in front of the kids.

A lot of these kids are already school age now and there's some bizarre behaviour.
Can't find the clip of the toddler asleep trying to scroll down a (non-existent) screen in his dreams.

That's simultaneously funny as hell, and horrifying as hell...

• 2Like
  • 2Rustled
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Your daily reminder this issue is more horrifying than you think;

what-does-ted-kaczynski-have-to-do-with-the-post-v0-p7akd0da7a0c1.png

• 8Worf
  • 1Rustled
Reactions: 8 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yea I don't know, it's hard to assess because growing up i had access to an Atari and NES, but really didn't play them that much because we only had a few games. I definitely learned my focus more on physical stuff, Legos, toy trains, erector sets, etc. It also got to use an 8086 when the 286 came out, then the 286 when the 386 came out. But really until maybe middle school games were very simple. Doom even doesn't have the same level of stimulus that stuff like Lego games have now with full 3d platformer stuff. I can see how it might be overwhelming.

But you grew up to be a faggot, so...

• 2Ice Burn
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Starting and having full conversations with you when your back is facing them, you are speaking to the group or are having a conversation with someone else.

I've noticed this a lot for like a decade now. Even young adults do it. They'll walk up to you and start having a conversation at you while you aren't even looking at them, or are talking to someone else. It's truly bizarre. It happened especially often when I ran a Gamestop years and years ago. I would be talking to a customer or training an employee and would realize I had some dweeb standing behind me talking at me. Like they'd be mid-conversation and I'd turn around like "excuse me, what?"

Gamestop's clientele are especially pathetic though. All manner of nerds, geeks, dweebs, overweight men who think they're women, etc.

Kids though are especially bad because they'll get mad when you ignore them. Which is what I do now, if someone waddles up and talks at me, I ignore them like I don't know they're there until they properly try to get my attention.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The two most recent generations are weak and useless. Always blame weak and useless parents as well. Not sure WTF is going to happen in 20-30 more years.

• 2Like

Palum

what Suineg set it to
The two most recent generations are weak and useless. Always blame weak and useless parents as well. Not sure WTF is going to happen in 20-30 more years.

It's pretty degenerate. Younger kids aren't learning more stuff, they're just learning different stuff. This makes sense at some level. However the things they're discarding are core life skills, or at least by extension skills that are required to have a functioning civilization.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Except it isn’t just younger generations at fault. The amount of time that gets wasted at my job because the old fucks don’t want to learn how to use self service password reset is staggering. Updates to applications, a new version of Windows, anything that changes or shifts the way they do things even a few pixels different, and they can’t function and the sky is now falling. Someone queue up the “I was ready for the world to be evil, but never this stupid and gay” meme.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
Most people are retards and always have been. The difference is parents, peers and bosses were allowed to say it out loud and at least try to correct it. And retards maybe got weeded out of the gene pool more often than they do now. We're living in a mashup of the Matrix and Idiocracy, but there is no blue pill.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Except it isn’t just younger generations at fault. The amount of time that gets wasted at my job because the old fucks don’t want to learn how to use self service password reset is staggering. Updates to applications, a new version of Windows, anything that changes or shifts the way they do things even a few pixels different, and they can’t function and the sky is now falling. Someone queue up the “I was ready for the world to be evil, but never this stupid and gay” meme.

My point was that it's at both ends. Basically Gen X and Millennials are getting squeezed by idiots who can't remember their passwords at both ends now.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
People. Just write the password down. And, I like to tape it to my monitor.

The worst thing for my technical skills has been leading people. It kills the time you’d normally spend learning a new skill. I’ve tried to augment that outside work but I have other things constantly tugging me too.

• 2Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
My point was that it's at both ends. Basically Gen X and Millennials are getting squeezed by idiots who can't remember their passwords at both ends now.
This.

Boomers won't fucking die, they just work to leech every economic unit of value out of us to prop up their lifestyle.

So now all the women have to work and no one is raising the kids, so they get an iPad shoved in front of them and become leeches themselves.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
People. Just write the password down. And, I like to tape it to my monitor.

The worst thing for my technical skills has been leading people. It kills the time you’d normally spend learning a new skill. I’ve tried to augment that outside work but I have other things constantly tugging me too.
If you're the natural leader in your office/setting - just sounds like you need to be trained yourself. As I would assume its just the delegation of duties that is slowing you down from own work. But this all comes down to you actually being a manager so that its worth your time/money in the first place.

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
If you're the natural leader in your office/setting - just sounds like you need to be trained yourself. As I would assume its just the delegation of duties that is slowing you down from own work. But this all comes down to you actually being a manager so that its worth your time/money in the first place.
Yeah. I do my best. And to take on smaller technical jobs when I can to lighten load, but I spend a lot of time on the shop floor just making sure people are not being held up by some barrier or just doing in the moment training myself for younger/less experienced employees.

OU Ariakas

Diet Dr. Pepper Enjoyer
<Silver Donator>
This.

Boomers won't fucking die, they just work to leech every economic unit of value out of us to prop up their lifestyle.

So now all the women have to work and no one is raising the kids, so they get an iPad shoved in front of them and become leeches themselves.

Fuck off with this shit. Boomers area product of the generation that raised them; a generation that told them to go get rich off the greatness of post-war United States supremacy. Now their whiny ass kids are begging them for a handout and when they say "go earn it like I did" they get told to die. Like you or any other human being would give up the jobs or real estate that they have because the mewling generations after you keep complaining that life isn't fair and blame you instead of going and doing anything productive themselves.

• 2Like
  • 1Slow
  • 1Pathetic
Reactions: 4 users