General Gaming News and Discussion

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Dont streamers have to disclose if they are sponsored or not?

I think they're required to somehow indicate their stream includes "paid programming" but don't have to say exactly what that refers to.

You see that at the start of YouTube videos in small print

Burns

2024-01-21 20.40.29 insider-gaming.com 40e4d6e01882.png

• 3WTF
  • 2Barf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

Couple of retrospective videos about the Ultima series, more on the way.

• 2Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>

This solves one of the big problems with VR, that moving around in any direction will cause you to collide with everything around you. I've thought for a while that the future of VR is some sort of cranial implant where you really think you're inside the game world, ALA USS Callister in Black Mirror, and things like touch and smell can be programmed in. That'll probably cause a lot of cancer and aneurysms first though. In the forseeable future the best VR will get is probably a Ready Player One level where we're walking around on roller-mats wearing stupid goggles.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This solves one of the big problems with VR, that moving around in any direction will cause you to collide with everything around you. I've thought for a while that the future of VR is some sort of cranial implant where you really think you're inside the game world, ALA USS Callister in Black Mirror, and things like touch and smell can be programmed in. That'll probably cause a lot of cancer and aneurysms first though. In the forseeable future the best VR will get is probably a Ready Player One level where we're walking around on roller-mats wearing stupid goggles.
Although it would be neat to "plug in" .. my trust in the governments of the world not to do something fucky is at an all time low. Real life Sword Art Online killings is all but assured assassinations at this point.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Call me when I can complain that my 2001 era Britney Spears Sex Doll game doesn’t have realistic yelps during buttsex.