General Gaming News and Discussion

Ukerric

Bearded Ape
<Silver Donator>
Think they axed any DEI roles? Nah probably not.
Since Tencent needs some more money after being hit by Chinese Regulations, they probably got marching instructions.

That's also why Legends of Runeterra isn't surprising, since China doesn't want lootboxes.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Legends of Runeterra has good art and mechanics but the pve roguelike mode is balanced towards extremely slow champion progress so you are more likely to buy the card bundles. Just trying to play through it without buying them is extremely grindy. It’s fun to pick up a new hero and start over once in a while but trying to actively play it all the time, no thanks.

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Riot had 5000+ people? Crazy. I've never played any of their games.

Don't they make that shitty RTS that all the kids like?

Burns

Riot had 5000+ people? Crazy. I've never played any of their games.

Don't they make that shitty RTS that all the kids like?
Riot makes League of Legends, a few other games based an that IP, and the Arcane TV show. They also have a MMO in development, supposedly; although I don't follow them that close.

I wouldn't call League of Legend players "kids," as it was the game that took DOTA from Warcraft 3 (plus it's existing fans) and probably did the best with that formula, way back when. Epic makes Fortnight, if that's what your thinking of, but that's a FPS.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
All I remember is this top down 2D scrolly rts where you couldn't even control the units. Looked like a few college kids could have made it in a weekend.

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
All I remember is this top down 2D scrolly rts where you couldn't even control the units. Looked like a few college kids could have made it in a weekend.
Like most big games today its just a mechanic to sell skins.

• 1Truth!
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Burns

You might be thinking of the auto-battler game they made based on the League of Legends IP. Not sure if I would consider that an RTS though.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, technically, we could say games in general are for kids. I was playing EverQuest when I was 11 years old. (Still cant believe I was in a raiding guild at that age.) Looking at EQ from my perspective now, I would say thats very much an adult game then and even now. I can say the same about League, since Ive been playing it off and on for the last 13 years or so. On its surface, LOL looks really simple and it is to a degree. Thats why its so welcoming to new people. But once you start to get involved with the game, you realize how complex and deep the game is. Their MMR system is spot on for putting you up against people of similar skill, as well. As you'll see Diamond/Champion players fly past Bronze/silver/gold where a lot of players get bogged down.

Im obviously a fan of the company and their business model and Im really looking forward to seeing what they come up with on the MMO. As far as the layoffs go, though - Barely anyone was let go from the MMO team. The one sole individual that was let go has deleted his twitter or something, but he bragged about bringing Diversity and Inclusion to Riots MMO project. Which is the not-so-secret theory, because so many were laid off that had similar jobs or were actively involved in that ... uh... mind set. :)

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
I have no faith in the MMO genre at this point, not sure layoffs really matter when it's 98% likely to fail on it's own accord.

Burns

I mean, technically, we could say games in general are for kids. I was playing EverQuest when I was 11 years old. (Still cant believe I was in a raiding guild at that age.) Looking at EQ from my perspective now, I would say thats very much an adult game then and even now. I can say the same about League, since Ive been playing it off and on for the last 13 years or so. On its surface, LOL looks really simple and it is to a degree. Thats why its so welcoming to new people. But once you start to get involved with the game, you realize how complex and deep the game is. Their MMR system is spot on for putting you up against people of similar skill, as well. As you'll see Diamond/Champion players fly past Bronze/silver/gold where a lot of players get bogged down.

Im obviously a fan of the company and their business model and Im really looking forward to seeing what they come up with on the MMO. As far as the layoffs go, though - Barely anyone was let go from the MMO team. The one sole individual that was let go has deleted his twitter or something, but he bragged about bringing Diversity and Inclusion to Riots MMO project. Which is the not-so-secret theory, because so many were laid off that had similar jobs or were actively involved in that ... uh... mind set. :)
Think you may have read something wrong? No one said anything about the games being for kids...

Burns

Anyways. I was in college at 17.
elections stand GIF

• 2Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Burns

Go eat breakfast or something. You're giving off petty bitch energy at 8 in the fucking morning.

fun trump GIF
lol, I guess you're not a fan of O Brother Where Art Thou? I was trying to be serious in a joking way, as in I didn't understand the response, thinking, well I have misread people 3 or 4 times in a row, maybe you did too.

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I know some people with genius kids who went to college at 14 and 16. Larger schools have a dorm for 16 and under kids, with drivers for them, etc. 17 doesn’t seem too out there depending on when you graduated.