General Gaming News and Discussion

Kharzette

Watcher of Overs
Everything in 5 was that offensive-but-funny. I don't know how they will pull that out without removing the soul along with it. All the TV, the billboards around town, even the conversations you'd overhear among npcs.

For me, the main characters can be anything as long as they are well written/acted. Latina women can be completely psycho. They could make her as bad as Trevor and it would be very believable. I hope the writers for 5 are still around, and I'm guessing they are as the recent online bits have been fantastic.

The only thing I found a minor annoyance as a female is certain animations in the game assume you are male (this is the online I'm talking about). That and the whole everyone-is-ugly rule that rockstar games all have. I know they have the skill to make it otherwise but they probably do it on purpose. RDR2 is even worse though.

The other customization stuff is amazing though. So many tattoos and crazy outfits. Hair needs a big upgrade though.

My main thought about 6 is just what a tough act to follow it will be. I've got such a love for the characters in 5 that I can't imagine a gta without them now. Even Lamar who isn't one of the main 3 is awesome. They will really have to make something good.

Hekotat

FoH nuclear response team
Some of you guys are fucking weird. Game has a male and female main chars in a series that always switches main chars between each games with a wide variety of backgrounds(so nothing like Tomb Raider, what a fucking terrible example), and it's the fucking end of the world because one of them has a vagina this time? You're ok playing a black gangster, a balding psychotic redneck, a eastern european immigrate or an italian mafia guy, but you draw the line at woman?

I think normally we wouldn't have cared but we have seen what these studios have done to our beloved games, stories, characters, comic books, TV shows and movies over the last 10 years.

Having a woman as a playable character isn't enough, they have to use the entire game to jam their agenda down your throat.

There have been a lot of games with women as main characters that were good, but good writing, fun game play and entertainment are mostly a thing of the past. The Golden Era of entertainment has passed and I never thought I'd say those words. The industry is dominated by bean counters who use shit developers with no principles to push their gambling addiction and I wouldn't be shocked if they prefer these type of devs ruining their games because they're easy to control and don't question the ethics behind the transactions.

Even if these games are shit they still must be making money hand over fist to gambling or they would have went bankrupt by now. At the end of the day all that matters to these companies anymore is money. So enjoy your hyper political gaming because it's not stopping anytime soon.

I hope I'm proven wrong by Rockstar but I have my doubts.

Edit: Corrected spelling and grammar from elongated rage filled phone post.

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

F16 patrolling Rajaah until he plays DS3
<Gold Donor>
Having a woman as a playable character isn't enough, they have to use the entire game to jam their agenda down your throat.

There have been a lot of good games with women as main characters that were good, but good writing, fun game play

Exactly. Did I care I was playing a female in Beyond Good and Evil? No way. Well written character and great story line. Did I care I was playing Aloy in HZD/HZD2? No. I didn't. Aside from a few really forced bullshit side quests I ran into in HZD 2 which had NO place in the game knowing it was virtue signaling which also reflected poorly in the side quest anyway and literally made the gay people look like fucking morons. Loved Franklin in GTA 5. Loved Lincoln in Mafia 3. Why? WELL WRITTEN.

I can tell you what isn't well written. White purple haired females with nose rings running around thinking they are "Brave", and counted as such with their inner circle of 7 others all with related mental disorders of attention seeking fuck sticks that couldn't give two shits about equality anyway, writing bullshit out of place Hainey Abrams lines for ME:A. That type of shit DESTROYS games. Want to write a story about some trans? Go right ahead! Hell, make it a good character with an interesting story and hell I might even play the thing! Triple dog dare these fucks to come up something of THEIR OWN. See if a publisher is just pandering (Clue: They are) or if they really give you a green light and see how the game sells.

But that will not happen because these same purple haired nose ring motherfuckers know they are no talent hacks that need to latch on to a popular gaming title to even get their name somewhat in the 15 minutes of fame internet limelight to begin with, write some bullshit dialogue for those games, and cock off back to their bubble of bullshit while the publisher uses it as a PR statement to say how inclusive they are now when they don't give a fuck, they want to make money.

• 3Like

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Played GTA on the PC close to 20 years ago. It was "ok". Moved on quickly.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

popsicledeath

Potato del Grande
<Rickshaw Potatoes>
Latina women can be completely psycho. They could make her as bad as Trevor and it would be very believable.

That's the point, though. Could they write a loca latina without being boycotted and protested and having forums full of cucks simping for their feminist masters?

Could they even have a female character refered to as latina and not Latinx?

In a game franchise that is all about brutally honest depictions of the human experience, the woketards that have infected the industry believe it's their duty to declare some things off limits and out of bounds.

Meaning, the entire franchise needs to be scrapped if it's counter to their new ideals, or they support an uneven application of what made the franchise work which undermines the franchise.

Maybe they don't go woke, but there are red flags and it's a discussion worth having. And I believe people should call them out if they care about this shit by fighting the activism with counter engagement.

You're definitely right, a crazy Latina could be very believable, but the problem is we're dealing with a sociopolitical movement that is counter to reality and against objective truth and would rather burn it all down instead.

• 1Truth!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
For me, the main characters can be anything as long as they are well written/acted. Latina women can be completely psycho. They could make her as bad as Trevor and it would be very believable. I hope the writers for 5 are still around, and I'm guessing they are as the recent online bits have been fantastic.

The main antagonist of GTA 3 was a psycho Latina. She was in a few missions in San Andreas and they emphasis how crazy she in those missions. She isnt really well written in these games, she was just crazy.

• 1Like

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Some of you guys are fucking weird. Game has a male and female main chars in a series that always switches main chars between each games with a wide variety of backgrounds(so nothing like Tomb Raider, what a fucking terrible example), and it's the fucking end of the world because one of them has a vagina this time? You're ok playing a black gangster, a balding psychotic redneck, a eastern european immigrate or an italian mafia guy, but you draw the line at woman?

You're a total faggot.

Nobody is bitching about the female protagonist. We're making fun of Mist for acting like it's a travesty this hasn't happened sooner and retarded Tomb Tomb Raider comparisons.

You illiterate fuck

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
100% honest. I don't want to listen to some latina chic talking for 30 seconds forget 30 fucking hours. Hard pass.
Mmm, on second thought, this is a good point. If the voice actress sucks or is too ghetto that would be... really bad and get annoying fast.

They should have gone back to London if they were going to do a female protagonist, everyone loves British chick accents.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Mmm, on second thought, this is a good point. If the voice actress sucks or is too ghetto that would be... really bad and get annoying fast.

They should have gone back to London if they were going to do a female protagonist, everyone loves British chick accents.
You're right. A female that speaks like this is hawt af.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
1659042537722.png

1659042665452.png

We lead with culture at every meeting, then we get to product.

• 1Barf
  • 1Worf
  • 1Smuggly

Angerz

Trakanon Raider
another sign gaming industry is more or less dead or not interested in most of us as customers, just retard mobile mtx whales
Seeing as how Genshin has made a Billion every 6 months and is only accelerating that amount, I assume Blizzard is actually disappointed by this number, seeing has how it is Diablo.

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Seeing as how Genshin has made a Billion every 6 months and is only accelerating that amount, I assume Blizzard is actually disappointed by this number, seeing has how it is Diablo.

It's been 10 years since Diablo had a game. 2012 was a different time. It's good money for a C list franchise.

Ybarra himself admitted they missed an entire generation of gamers with Diablo.

That's not AAA. That's C list.