General Gaming News and Discussion

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, but oddly FPS gamers peak in their 20s.

Tetris is weird because of the roll method:

Not gonna lie, I really like this competitive Tetris stuff and Cheez figuring out his rolling and the whole damn saga. Makes me want to actually get good at Tetris.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
She's 100% right. Speedrunning is some legit turbo autistic shit that shouldn't be encouraged.

Also an insane number of speedrunners are trannies.

At first I thought this woman was a dipshit who had the same attitude towards this that I did towards Fromsoft games back before I'd played any of them. "Why spend all this time Gitting Gud when you can do something actually productive in the real world, NO THANKS"

Well, that viewpoint was wrong and sucked ass and I changed it once I knew better.

But after thinking on it a little more, she's kinda right. These kids are like 13, in the prime of their youth, spending untold hours moving blocks back and forth on a screen, gasping for air like a beached trout when they accomplish something in the game. Nothing about it is healthy. I mean more power to them, competitive Tetris seems pretty cool and I sure as fuck am not that good, but given the ages of the kids involved you gotta wonder if the whole thing isn't SUPER unhealthy.

Also if you go and watch the twitch streams of any older speedrunners (Zoast comes to mind) who have been playing the same game over and over again for years and making money from it, they seem so goddamn tired on the streams. Like it's a total obligation for them to get on there yet again. It seems like hell to me, as someone who has played a huge amount of games in the last 35 years.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Bro I was sever first Fiery Avenger on Morrel Thule!

Which is probably less famous than this autist beating Tetris...

... Fuck

Oh yeah? I was in the first group to finish Empires of Kunark group progression on Phinigel, the same day the expansion dropped. These Tetris kids don't have SHIT.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
At first I thought this woman was a dipshit who had the same attitude towards this that I did towards Fromsoft games back before I'd played any of them. "Why spend all this time Gitting Gud when you can do something actually productive in the real world, NO THANKS"

Well, that viewpoint was wrong and sucked ass and I changed it once I knew better.

But after thinking on it a little more, she's kinda right. These kids are like 13, in the prime of their youth, spending untold hours moving blocks back and forth on a screen, gasping for air like a beached trout when they accomplish something in the game. Nothing about it is healthy. I mean more power to them, competitive Tetris seems pretty cool and I sure as fuck am not that good, but given the ages of the kids involved you gotta wonder if the whole thing isn't SUPER unhealthy.

Also if you go and watch the twitch streams of any older speedrunners (Zoast comes to mind) who have been playing the same game over and over again for years and making money from it, they seem so goddamn tired on the streams. Like it's a total obligation for them to get on there yet again. It seems like hell to me, as someone who has played a huge amount of games in the last 35 years.
Look I don’t necessarily disagree with a lot of your points but coming from the guy that platinum the same game on three different systems and whatever else you obsess over when it comes to games I mean, I definitely worf at you.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Look I don’t necessarily disagree with a lot of your points but coming from the guy that platinum the same game on three different systems and whatever else you obsess over when it comes to games I mean, I definitely worf at you.
Yeah, outside maybe a few of the complete MMO degenerates, I doubt anyone here plays as much as he does.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I do play a lot and always have. I'm not 13 though. That Tetris kid she was talking about is missing out on a lot of life by dedicating his life to the game. You only get to be that age once.

Then again, maybe all he's missing out on is being bullied. Those years are miserable for a lot of folks too. So I don't know.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Can't really do anything fun until you're 15-17 anyway.

Life really began at 16 and basically ended by 25 for me. At least, any of the enjoyable parts.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Picard

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>

Life really began at 16 and basically ended by 25 for me. At least, any of the enjoyable parts.
Violin Player GIF

• 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 5 users

Fucker

Log Wizard

This is all a lie. You never had anything to enjoy.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

mkopec

<Gold Donor>

Those days are long gone Misty. Kids be hanging out on Discord and xbox live these days. Do you really think 17 yr olds are hanging out in RL?

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Tell me you didn't watch the video without telling me you didn't watch the video.
So much this. I literally can’t even right now. So much to unpack with this statement. Literally shaking rn.

• 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Those days are long gone Misty. Kids be hanging out on Discord and xbox live these days. Do you really think 17 yr olds are hanging out in RL?
My point was that they're definitely not doing anything fun at 13.

• 1Pathetic

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

At the age of 16 Mist decided to venture on her new character to her role playing guild’s wedding in the beautiful zone of Oasis.

“Life is so beautiful. Some day I wanna get married at the docks and oh god what is that!???”

1704643909873.jpeg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Furry

WoW Office
<Gold Donor>

Jesus fucking H. Christ. You really are eeyore.

Is this some sort of creepy reference to bad sex?

• 1Potato
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
At the age of 16 Mist decided to venture on her new character to her role playing guild’s wedding in the beautiful zone of Oasis.

“Life is so beautiful. Some day I wanna get married at the docks and oh god what is that!???”

View attachment 507832
I never played that shit game.

• 3Edgelord
  • 1Pathetic
  • 1Moron
Reactions: 7 users