Get a free Kyle Rittenhouse at Culver's

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Don't got one, you do.

Couldn't watch trial today. I think the prosecution was a total disaster and transparently desperately swiping away overall. Almost anyone can see that.

The shitty part is, they got nearly everything they asked for...

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
At least this exchange made me laugh today:

Richards "It's common sense and judgement, JIM."

Binger "There's no evidence of that"

Richards "Are you saying I'm lying?"

Binger "I have no evidence of that"

Sucks that it took an entire trial for Richards to find his balls.

Did Kyle just sort of get up and wander off in the middle of that?

He was all like "nothing" and just sorta walked around and they all paused to look at him then went back to arguing.

If the kid gets through this I think he has a bright future, aside from all the death threats. He's got charisma and chops. I'd donate $1000 right now if it'd do him any good whatsoever. Course I can't because ya know, Big Tech bullshit. There must be tens of millions of other people who have his back.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>

Cornhole Niggity Nog Don Lemon - The right is trying to say people have a right to defend ‘your town,’ ‘your street,’ and ‘your country.’ Imagine if every single person in America did that!

72832705.jpg

• 7Like
  • 3Solidarity
Reactions: 9 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

He was all like "nothing" and just sorta walked around and they all paused to look at him then went back to arguing.

If the kid gets through this I think he has a bright future, aside from all the death threats. He's got charisma and chops. I'd donate $1000 right now if it'd do him any good whatsoever. Course I can't because ya know, Big Tech bullshit. There must be tens of millions of other people who have his back.

If it's like our courtroom, the deputy / bailiff is watching, the fact that Kyle isn't in cuffs, isn't in bindings shows that no one in the court fears him. Which is AMAZING to say, this kid is on trial for killing 2 and wounding another and no one in there fears him. At one point the deputy goes to walk him to another room and Kyle just stops, turns around and walks back to the Defense table due to someone talking to him and the deputy just kept walking. I think everyone there knows he is innocent...but can't comment on it.

Put it in context, we had a kid younger than Kyle, kill no one. We had him in full shackles. He made it clear, he would kill if he was given the chance.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Cad

scientia potentia est
<Bronze Donator>

It's a hearing, he doesn't have to sit there. They aren't presenting evidence. He doesn't even have to be there, really.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
If it's like our courtroom, the deputy / bailiff is watching, the fact that Kyle isn't in cuffs, isn't in bindings shows that no one in the court fears him. Which is AMAZING to say, this kid is on trial for killing 2 and wounding another and no one in there fears him. At one point the deputy goes to walk him to another room and Kyle just stops, turns around and walks back to the Defense table due to someone talking to him and the deputy just kept walking. I think everyone there knows he is innocent...but can't comment on it.

Put it in context, we had a kid younger than Kyle, kill no one. We had him in full shackles. He made it clear, he would kill if he was given the chance.

You realize he's not in custody, right? He's not receiving special treatment

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
You realize he's not in custody, right? He's not receiving special treatment

I thought I said before, I am not a lawyer, just talking about what I observed. I would observe cases and work on a laptop when possible because I found it a nice office desk break from the monotony work I was doing.

Maybe it has to deal with bail and revocation of bail then? I have no clue.

All I know is that we had some defendants that were in full shackles (not prison attire) and some that were worse crimes and unshackled.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I thought I said before, I am not a lawyer, just talking about what I observed. I would observe cases and work on a laptop when possible because I found it a nice office desk break from the monotony work I was doing.

Maybe it has to deal with bail and revocation of bail then? I have no clue.

All I know is that we had some defendants that were in full shackles (not prison attire) and some that were worse crimes and unshackled.

Defendants are supposed to not be handcuffed if at all possible so it doesn't influence the jury. Judges can deem it necessary for safety reasons, but generally if they're able to be out on bail then they don't fall in that category. They're supposed to limit the visibility of the shackles to the jury as well.

Not a lawyer either, but that's my understanding. Not aware of any time where someone's ONLY placed in handcuffs while in court but free at all other times.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Jive Turkey

Karen
At least this exchange made me laugh today:

Richards "It's common sense and judgement, JIM."

Binger "There's no evidence of that"

Richards "Are you saying I'm lying?"

Binger "I have no evidence of that"

Sucks that it took an entire trial for Richards to find his balls.

Around 1:49.50 or so, do they really ask where the Ziminskis are and the prosecution replies "I think they're around here but it's hard to tell with this video"?
so you can't tell where an entire 2 humans are, but you can tell that another human points a gun?? The fuck?

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
Around 1:49.50 or so, do they really ask where the Ziminskis are and the prosecution replies "I think they're around here but it's hard to tell with this video"?
so you can't tell where an entire 2 humans are, but you can tell that another human points a gun?? The fuck?

Their answer was they didn't enhance that portion of the footage. Duh, everyone knows you can only "enhance" one tiny spot of an image at once. Showing the Ziminskis walking towards Kyle with a gun in hand doesn't help get him for murder.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
I didn't see much of today. Was it really that bad for the Defence?

No, a lot of people in here just have no idea how trials work. Judge said they could show the image and the defense could do whatever they wanted to show it's unreliable.

Anything short of the defense destroying the prosecution in a rap battle is seen as a loss around here.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Brodhi

I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue.
<Donor>
I didn't see much of today. Was it really that bad for the Defence?

I don't think it was horrible. There was the one request from prosecution to add in provocation to the jury instructions or something, based on the bullshit altered image they had purportedly showing Kyle pointing gun at Pedobaum. Defense didn't do enough to try to argue against it in my opinion, judge allowed it. I don't think it matters too much. Binger will show image in closing statement and try to show provocation from it. Defense better come out and say its a blown up image that distorts the shit, Pedobaum was behind Kyle, so there was no way it shows the act of pointing a gun. (The FBI videos show it clearly that Kyle did not raise gun at Pedobaum, but I don't think they can bring that up in closing at this point)

• 2Like

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
He's factually guilty of the crime. He was not on his way to a firing range or to go hunting. He'd still be guilty of the crime even if he hadn't shot anyone, what he did with the weapon has no relevance (except to elevating the severity of the felony being faced by the person who loaned him the weapon).

Does the law stipulate the exemption exists for those reasons?

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
It wasn't terrible IMHO.

They added lesser charges to like what, 3 of 4 encounters? Which just means it's easier for a jury to go "Well he didn't MURDER murder someone, but he didn't like save their lives, so the lesser charge sounds good."

I really wanna know what a back-seat lawyer here would say, the guys in the stream I was watching were all saying they would have advised their client to not accept the lesser charges if they can just nix them, I THINK.

It was all attempts to lessen risk on the part of the DA and I feel like they got a lot of what they wanted.

I am just so pessimistic that I have 0 faith in people and the system in general.

• 2Like
Status
Not open for further replies.