Ghost in the Shell (2017)

Zaphid

Trakanon Raider
Anime hairstyles look dumb with real actors and since when is Aramaki armed ?

Also, fan edit:

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Anime hairstyles look dumb with real actors and since when is Aramaki armed ?

Also, fan edit:
Note to Hollywood: hire this guy for your trailers.
And i know, that probably the movie is going to suck but at least, make it R rated ffs

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
Takeshi Kitano is a great actor, and is in so many things, but it is lit-rah-ly impossible for me to see him and not say, "Right you are, Ken!"

70157327.jpg

gauze

Molten Core Raider
since when is Aramaki armed ?
I don't think I ever recall.. but I think their agenda, or Beat's agenda was to basically be Beat.

Spoiler for the Beat spam, oh how I love Beat.
400px-JohnM27.jpg
death7.png
99-aniki.jpg
violent_cop.jpg
10279299-large.jpg
outrage-beyond.jpg
takeshis15.jpg
tumblr_lv1npuGwbH1qedb29o1_500.gif
315212_full.jpg

Despite all the white wash, or whatever people are complaining about. They're doing a decent job at nailing the aesthetic.. so idk still. I really liked the look on the geisha.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
Draw anime characters to look Caucasian, then bitch about Caucasian looking actors... somethings fucky.

Other than what's his faces eyes, this looks pretty good too me. Granted it's been about 20 years since I've seen the movie.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Siliconemelons

Where are the "Take this anime seriously, its for adults! see boobs" boobs?

But out of all the anime -> remakes let alone anime -> Live Action Remake - this one so far********* looks good

khorum

Murder Apologist
So did skinbyrds start doing that haircut because of the anime or is the Major a japanese skinbyrd?

Caliane

So did skinbyrds start doing that haircut because of the anime or is the Major a japanese skinbyrd?
Major has the "sci-fi bob". Like Mako-Pacific rim, and like a thousand others. Its a shingle bob.
Sci-Fi Bob Haircut - TV Tropes
The short hair is "alternative". But clean cut. Suggests ease for helmets, space, etc. Without actually being shaved. as well as "fighter".
Its kindof absurd how many sci-fi women have the cut.
7jvcHhm.jpg

to use the tvtropes, they even make reference then to
'20s Bob Haircut - TV Tropes

Bobs are popular/traditional in Japan. (straight black hair.) Even Knives in scott pilgrim. Go-Go in Big hero 6.. (or, traditional for NOT being tradional)
1920 JAPAN

So, The Major having one makes alot of sense.

Skinheads, and radical feminsists.
The History of the Flapper, Part 4: Emboldened by the Bob | Arts & Culture | Smithsonian
Continuation of the Flapper rebels of the 20's. While short hair and bobs in general are normal and popular, that specific retro flapper bob, is shorthand for "Rebel".

Last edited:
  • 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
I'm cautiously optimistic. Most likely will be terrible but I am hoping for some quality sci fi on the big screen.

elidib

Vyemm Raider
I think it looks good, but I don't think the movie-going public is going to really accept it and it will do very poorly financially and critically.

gauze

Molten Core Raider
I think at this point, really the only thing that could go wrong is the script. Everything else looks pretty much on point, maybe not to the tee animu but immersion in a universe that is gits.. pretty damn accurate/fitting.

My only gripe about the trailer, her dropping.. they didn't capitalize and it kinda clearly pops out in a cgi feel rather than blended in. They should have taken the proper route, I would have easily lost my shit.

96e320f217422430ed9f7d792e7c85de.gif

Lack of titties, esp scarjo's titties is also depressing but i'd be kidding myself if I expected that. Had a crush on her since ghost world.