Girls who broke your heart thread

Brad2770 said:
Subject: My Art
To:
Date: Sunday, February 8, 2009, 10:55 PM

This is the charcoal I drew of my ex. pretty much the best thing I have done.
Tell her you spent 3 hours shading her upper lip, Napoleon

6851_1213145445223_221_291.jpg

6851_1213145445223_221_291.jpg

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Brad2770 said:
I am out of town on business for 2 weeks right now. I am in Houston right now. I was out to dinner tonight at a Steak House and had a nice waitress. She was very talkative and friendly. She was waiting on another table with 2 guys and was not as friendly to them as she was to me. She was constantly stopping and making sure everything was alright and trying to make conversation. Eventually, she got the the fact that she was in school and was majoring in Art. Thats when i really started to talk and pay attention. I talked to her about my art and even drew a couple of things for her. I told her of some of my charcoal pieces I have done and eventually asked her if she wanted to go bowling with me. She told me she had a boyfriend. I told her that I was just asking her out to a friendly game of bowling to talk more about art. She said she would text a friend and see if she wanted to come, mainly because she didnt want to be alone because she had just met me. I understood.

I didnt have my cell phone on me, so I gave her my number and she gave me her email, asking me to email her some digitals of my work.

I ended up going bowling by myself, I was not going to wait for her. She never texted me. When I got back to the hotel, I sent her this:

(She knows I have a son and I am divorced. So sending the charcoal of the ex... I dont fucking care. It is the best work I have done. I know some of you might think it was a bad idea, but its the only charcoal piece I have on the internet and its what i talked to her about the most... my charcoal art, not my ex.)

and she sent this back:

I call bullshit, but I figure if there was no interest at all, then she would have not sent anything back. I leave back to Dallas Friday, so i cant play the waiting game. What is my suggested next course of Action?
She probably saw you sitting alone and felt bad. It"s their job to be nice so you tip well!

Brad2770

Mcpickle Deluxe said:
Tell her you spent 3 hours shading her upper lip, Napoleon

aychamo_aycono said:
She probably saw you sitting alone and felt bad. It"s their job to be nice so you tip well!
Maybe so. If so, she did well. So, I will let this one go then. Thanks. Its really not a big deal to me anyways. She was very cute, but no reason to invest anything for someone that lives over 4 hours away.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
Seeing as how much fun/luck everyone else has been having with online dating has convinced me to try my hand. Any advice and whatnot on my profile would be appreciate.

AdamHenri Aviation, Video Games, Politics, Military, Cars

Background - 40 year old virgin, except I"m only 26 (obviously not putting that in my profile). When everyone else was getting laid and high/drunk in high school I was raiding and pvp"ing in Everquest. Just recently, within the past 6 months started learning about "game" and whatnot, now I"d like to start trying to apply what little I"ve learned.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Brad2770 said:
Maybe so. If so, she did well. So, I will let this one go then. Thanks. Its really not a big deal to me anyways. She was very cute, but no reason to invest anything for someone that lives over 4 hours away.
I hope that didn"t sound negative towards you. I apologize if it did. Waitresses are notoriously difficult to pickup. They deal with dudes hitting on them all day. Even if they find you attractive it"s still difficult. So don"t worry about it. If you would have met her outside the hospital you would have had success!

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Antarius said:
Seeing as how much fun/luck everyone else has been having with online dating has convinced me to try my hand. Any advice and whatnot on my profile would be appreciate.

Background - 40 year old virgin, except I"m only 26 (obviously not putting that in my profile). When everyone else was getting laid and high/drunk in high school I was raiding and pvp"ing in Everquest. Just recently, within the past 6 months started learning about "game" and whatnot, now I"d like to start trying to apply what little I"ve learned.
Please don"t take offense. Do not message any girls yet while your profile remains like that. I will write you when I have a bigger break today at work.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
aychamo_aycono said:
Please don"t take offense. Do not message any girls yet while your profile remains like that. I will write you when I have a bigger break today at work.
No offense taken at all, I realize what I"ve done in the past has failed, hence the choice to seek out advice and new ways of doing things.

Like the episode of Seinfeld, I"m starting to realize I have to do the "opposite" of whatever I think of. Anyways, the profile is what I thought of, help me be the opposite of that.

Desidero_foh

shitlord
I"d suggest removing all of the stuff that says "I"m a huge WoW nerd" if you"re looking to hook up with girls like most of these guys.

If you want a real relationship, mentioning games is fine. Just don"t make it seem like you"re a complete addict - the WoW tattoo is something to explain a while later. You may land a whale with your current method though. Expect calls from Japanese fisheries.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Azrayne said:
She has a boyfriend, I don"t see why there should be any course of action. Moving in on another guys GF is pretty weak.
Not to mention she also probably thinks you"re a fucking weirdo because you told a perfect stranger about your ex-wife and son, and then sent her a picture of your ex-wife, despite her telling you she has a boyfriend. Not trying to be an asshole, but that shit is just plain creepy dude.

Sharmai_foh

shitlord
The only time you mess with a girl who already has a man is when your looking for a bootycall and NOTHING SERIOUS EVER.

If you fall for a chick with a man and she leaves him then know that she WILL leave your ass to. It"s just a matter of time and a different dick later.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
Antarius said:
Since you"re just getting into the game, my best advice would be to get in touch with as many girls as possible. Unfortunately, the first three lines of your profile are highly counterproductive to that goal. To quote Don from Dazed and Conufused, "Girls don"t want to hear that shit, man".

Now, I"m not saying that you"ll never want to divulge that information; no, no, there"s a time and a place for that, but first you need to fully identify the kind of girl you"re working with. Show a girl your surface traits -- are you warmhearted? Are you introspective? Are you rambunctious? You want to keep an air of confidence and simplicity, and see how well they reciprocate. If a girl reacts well to basic you, then you can start dipping deeper into the things you like to do, but ALWAYS start with the common, non-nerdy shit -- sports, music, education, etc. Your Car/Airforce/Puppy stuff are great examples: definitely things you want to keep in there.

If you have something really unique about yourself that you think girls would find interesting or exciting, put that in there. It can serve as a great conversation launchpad. Example of something interesting: you"ve been skydiving 100 times and have even done it naked. Example of something not interesting: you have a huge collection of toenail and fingernail clippings. Simple enough.

Cut out "Trying out PoF" -- lacks confidence and bite.

As for your pictures, completely gut your topless solo shot. You without your shirt on looking creepy is not a good way to attract women. Get a full body shot, preferably out in public, wearing some snappy clothes. If you were in the military get a uniform shot -- chicks love men in uniform. The beer shot of you is decent, but it looks like you just ate a lemon. Dog and car are both golden. As others have said before, pictures of you out in public doing active things/doing things with other people let a girl know that you"re a social creature (even if you really aren"t) and actually leave the basement once in a while to do fun things.

Saladus_foh

shitlord
Antarius said:

Just to help out man, you absolutely must remove the first three sentences. I understand you"re trying to give an idea of who you are and you obviously don"t want to be misleading, but those first 3 lines are a big red flag to almost any girl. I suppose you can keep the "surfing the web" thing but put that in there somewhere later, keeping it strictly to something like "another one of my hobbies is surfing the net," and nothing about sitting in front of the computer for hours.

Even to the most mellow girl, those first three lines might be enough to simply skip reading anything else. That isn"t fair to you because after you do have some stuff written about you that I"m sure many girls would be interested in. You have passions which you feel strongly about as well as other hobbies and ambitions. That information is good enough for now as you probably don"t want to get too specific.

So while I would remove the first lines, I"m sure it"s fine to put "gaming" as a hobby, just don"t make it seem so up front yet. If I had told my current girlfriend when we met that I"m a huge gamer and spend hours on the net (which I do), I"m not too sure she would have wanted to spend even another day with me; or at least not in the sense of dating me. But after the first few weeks I gradually let her in on how much I love games. Now days she"s perfectly fine with how much I game. It"s not that she ever wasn"t fine with me gaming, but it was important first that she got to know me and didn"t get the wrong impressions about me.

EDIT- God damn I"m such a slow writer sometimes. Valkyrie hit it on the head.

Azrayne

Irenicus did nothing wrong
I don"t know the first thing about online dating, but those pics aren"t at all flattering. It"s not even that I think you"re unattractive, just that you could get some photo"s that make you look 100x better than those do.

And yeah cut the WoW stuff. You don"t have to treat it like a dirty secret, but just throwing it in their face like that will turn girls off pretty fast.

Antarius

Lord Nagafen Raider
ValkyrieIsAboutToDie said:
Cut out "Trying out PoF" -- lacks confidence and bite.

As for your pictures, completely gut your topless solo shot. You without your shirt on looking creepy is not a good way to attract women. Get a full body shot, preferably out in public, wearing some snappy clothes. If you were in the military get a uniform shot -- chicks love men in uniform. The beer shot of you is decent, but it looks like you just ate a lemon. Dog and car are both golden. As others have said before, pictures of you out in public doing active things/doing things with other people let a girl know that you"re a social creature (even if you really aren"t) and actually leave the basement once in a while to do fun things.
K, "Trying out PoF" First 3 sentances, and creepy shirtless picture are as good as gone.

The only reason I put up "creepy shirtless picture" in the first place was from other advice I read which said, post up a couple pictures on amihotornot.com and use your top rated photo... "creepy shirtless pic" got a 8.5 after 100 votes, nothing else I tried got over a 6.5 (yes, I know I"m completely average looking at best). I didn"t understand it, but then again, there are so many more things that I don"t that I didn"t question it.

Brad2770

Eomer said:
Not to mention she also probably thinks you"re a fucking weirdo because you told a perfect stranger about your ex-wife and son, and then sent her a picture of your ex-wife, despite her telling you she has a boyfriend. Not trying to be an asshole, but that shit is just plain creepy dude.
I talked with her on and off for a little over an hour. We talked about a bunch of shit. She talked about her boyfriend. Only reason my ex and son came up is because a lot of my work I have done has been drawings of my ex and my son......

It was all about the art, like I said earlier. I talked MORE about the art than my ex and son.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I still think it"s weird that someone you knew barely an hour, who was only maybe chatting with you for a quarter of that time as she was serving other tables etc, was told about your ex and son. And I bet she did too.

Brad2770

At this point, I dont care. I want to be myself. If she thinks I am weird, then so be it. Like I also said, I am over 4 hours away from her. I dont really care. Was just being friendly, nothing more. Had she been a HE, my conversation would have been fine.