Girls who broke your heart thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I"ll continue civil manner as well. I probably should stop posting before my morning coffee....

Anyways sometimes people need lessons on "common dating sense." I didn"t go over anything about "Gauge her interest level by extending an IoI and analyze her tonal qualities of the reply back to determine levels" or anything like that. It seemed fairly obvious from Bofa"s first few messages a he needed a fast crash course in common sense in regards to dating. The reality of the fact is there are needy and clingy guys thatneedto be told to wrangle themselves back.

I have gone over this a thousand times before but "game" is simply a mask you can put on if you lack self esteem. It gives you step-by-step instructions on what to do if your confidence is not where it needs to be. Once you have self confidence and a large supply of self esteem alot of these "game" things come naturally and you don"t really think about it. You don"t call every 2 hours, you don"t leave an endless stream of texts, you aren"t nervous around girls, you are calm and collected ... these are all things the game and common sense dictate but sadly are things not everyone does.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
aychamo_aycono said:
I would never send multiple texts "oh my god why haven"t you answered?" or anything needy like that. Is that game or just not being needy? I don"t know.
That"s not game, only an idiot would ever send that text.

I pick on her a bit, and I always try to keep her entertained by acting goofy. Is this considered cocky funny or am I just being myself?
Are you consciously doing it just to get a response out of her or are you not really thinking about it and being yourself?

I think it boils mainly down to not being an annoying needy person. I don"t think it"s any sort of game or method, and I certainly didn"t apply on to this relationship. I just gave her a really great first date, showed her my personality and have been A+ since then. Who knows.
WTB details of amazing first date.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Tenks said:
Anyways sometimes people need lessons on "common dating sense." ...... The reality of the fact is there are needy and clingy guys thatneedto be told to wrangle themselves back.
Totally agree! You know, maybe it"s because I"ve internalized all that shit now that I feel like I don"t need to specifically apply the game anymore.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
brekk said:
WTB details of amazing first date.
Almost time for conference so I"ll give you the short run down:

She came to my place -> opened badass bottle of her favorite type of wine (pinot noir) -> we cooked an indian dish (chicken tikka masala) -> lots of really good conversation -> we then made homemade chocolate ice cream -> wandered out to the lake, walked on the boardwalk -> back to my place -> put on a comedy and cuddled on the couch -> led to first kiss on the couch and a nice makeout session. She"s repeated many times best first date she could have ever imagined.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
bofa said:
disregard this post, as you type too fast
If you were going to ask about the first date stuff, it was all about being fun and doing original things. I cooked her a badass dish from an ethnicity of food she had never even tried before. Had a nice bottle of her favorite type of wine (I refuse to spend more than $40 on a bottle.) Great conversation, and then made homemade ice cream (you can switch in home made smores also, works great.) It"s infinitely better than if we had gone out for dinner and a movie - that"s too typical. ...... but, the thing is, you can plan the most badass date in the world, but if she and I had not been a good match it would have been awkward, would have gone bad, and probably not have repeated the date. It"s all about finding the right person. I think!

Brad2770

it"s not even about the date, it"s about making anything fun, entertaining her and most importantly CONFIDENCE.

You could take her to shovel poop for a first date, as long as she is laughing, you are winning. I know this is an extreme, but its true. Oh, and she does have to be into you from the get go for any of this to work.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
Aychamo, you yourself has said that game is very important for people who aren"t naturals, because it teaches you how to think and act like a natural. I"m paraphrasing but I know for a fact you"ve said or implied this because I remember agreeing with you.

If bofa is telling a girl to call him, he clearly is not good with the ladies and would benefit from following Mystery to the letter, for the time being. You yourself know that game is important for anyone who isn"t a natural, in order to approximate the behavior until it comes naturally. This is a stance you have held for a long time now. But then I was confused why you suddenly decided to denounce all game and pull out the "just be yourself" line. Untiled I noticed, once again, you weren"t trying to give advice. You were just looking for an opportunity to talk about yourself. People often throw in personal anecdotes to solidify a point they"re trying to make. I do it myself. But there is a distinction between giving advice and using a personal story to back it up, and taking any opportunity possible to talk about yourself, while hiding that under the guise of "giving advice."

I"m not saying this to take my own cheap shot and rip on the guy. I like this thread and have an interest in keeping it untainted. I"m pointing this out because I think listening to Aychamo is dangerous, for anyone, because he gives advice based on his current emotional state rather than overall knowledge. And his advice is molded by whatever aspect of himself he wants to talk about at that particular moment.

...and of course there is the fact that everything he says is totally fabricated.

Ronaan

Molten Core Raider
I think I"ll just tell the next woman I grow an interest in to not expect any of that bullshit from me, she either wants me, or doesn"t.

Going to see howthatgoes, haha.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Dabamf said:
Aychamo, you yourself has said that game is very important for people who aren"t naturals, because it teaches you how to think and act like a natural. I"m paraphrasing but I know for a fact you"ve said or implied this because I remember agreeing with you.

If bofa is telling a girl to call him, he clearly is not good with the ladies and would benefit from following Mystery to the letter, for the time being. You yourself know that game is important for anyone who isn"t a natural, in order to approximate the behavior until it comes naturally. This is a stance you have held for a long time now. But then I was confused why you suddenly decided to denounce all game and pull out the "just be yourself" line. Untiled I noticed, once again, you weren"t trying to give advice. You were just looking for an opportunity to talk about yourself. People often throw in personal anecdotes to solidify a point they"re trying to make. I do it myself. But there is a distinction between giving advice and using a personal story to back it up, and taking any opportunity possible to talk about yourself, while hiding that under the guise of "giving advice."

I"m not saying this to take my own cheap shot and rip on the guy. I like this thread and have an interest in keeping it untainted. I"m pointing this out because I think listening to Aychamo is dangerous, for anyone, because he gives advice based on his current emotional state rather than overall knowledge. And his advice is molded by whatever aspect of himself he wants to talk about at that particular moment.

...and of course there is the fact that everything he says is totally fabricated.
I think it"s funny that you give out all this advice, and yet you haven"t been laid in so many months and you are "oneitis"-ing over a Korean girl who won"t even give you the time of day. Do you really think your advice is so great if you can"t even get laid? Meanwhile I"ve had a string of reasonably healthy relationships and plenty of good sex between each relationship. I haven"t had a dry spell of over 3 weeks since I was probably 22. Anyone who has met me can verify anything I "claim." (ie, my job, that I willingly go up to talk to girls, strangers, that my nipples haven"t grown since 7th grade , anything.)

I"ve already posted here that I partially misspoke by "denouncing" the game earlier today. I think parts of it are really good, and I think a lot of it is really stupid. Read what Tenks wrote, which I basically wholly agreed with. Saying that bofa doesn"t know how to handle girls because he called her is not based on anything other than what you"ve read from Mystery Method. If this was such a great plan, why don"t you have a girlfriend and why haven"t you been laid in 4 months? I think your own anecdotal evidence is enough to not put all my eggs in your basket.

In bofa"s case, I"m merely saying that it"s ok for him to call her or to text her. It doesn"t make him look weak, needy, or less confident if he calls her. Sure, he can fuck this up by calling 10 times, or trying to ask her why she didn"t answer a text or return a call, etc. But the simple act of making 1 phone call is not a bad thing. You can"t always create this situations where you can ignore the girl and get her to chase you. It"s ok to make the first step, to call, or to text.

In the pursuit of my successful relationship, I didn"t have to manipulate my girls feelings to make her think that she wants me when she didn"t, I didn"t have to pretend to not like her, I didn"t have to not answer her calls or make her chase me. I merely demonstrated my great personality, my sense of humor, and I always keep her in stitches with laughter. The only "game" I had to employ was never being needy or anything like that.

As an aside: I"m 28 - maybe trying to ignore the girl all the time works when you"re 21, I don"t mess around with any of the people in that age group. I can"t even imagine having anything in common with someone that much younger. Bofa, I don"t know how old you are, but it"s best to always err on the side of maturity.

edit: By the way, if you remember Style"s book, he even said Mystery and all of them were great at getting a girl into bed, but were complete retards when it came to handling a relationship.

Draegan_sl

2 Minutes Hate
Alcestis said:
Because I let years of internet cynicism turn me into a knee-jerk reaction mocking bitch. My apologies to the aggrieved parties and to any others who were insulted.

You did the right thing Brad, both with your date and with the ex. We"re proud of you. Gotta say with Eomer though, I"m waiting for the other possibly hilarious shoe to drop. Hope that doesn"t work out like that though: she seems really cool. And Draegan - all your posts in this thread about this girl were that she was normal, rather beautiful, and you give monthly updates thanking people for introducing you to OkCupid to meet this chick. You"re holding out on us. >:O
Sometimes I forget to check up on this thread.

So a recap and an update. Me and this chick from okcupid met for our first date on January 17. We dated for a while etc everything is awesome.

We"re now living together.

Love"s grand.

Love teh FOHSS.

Brad2770

Wow, no way I could move in with someone that fast. I hope it works out for you. I really dont see how things could move that fast.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
I"m sorry to be e-mailing you again, but Dan, I"m so confused and hurt. I
don"t really know what"s going on
and why we haven"t talked in over a week. I understand that you"re slaying
dragons but I"m so confused as
to why you haven"t been on aim to talk to me. I"m used to talking to you
almost everyday. If I did
something to make you not want to talk to me, can you please just tell me? I
feel so in the dark as to
what"s going on because when you left here I thought everything seemed to be
normal. I love you and
care about you so much and not knowing whats going on and why we"re not
speaking really bothers me
and hurts me. I know I"ve sent you two other emails and you still haven"t
come online to talk to me, but
please just sign on and talk to me and let me know what"s going on, I"m your
girlfriend, you should be
able to talk to me about anything like this. Plus, I also need to know whats
going on with the Indianapolis
thing, if that"s still happening? Love ya.

Love,
Jen
this

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
aychamo_aycono said:
If you were going to ask about the first date stuff, it was all about being fun and doing original things. I cooked her a badass dish from an ethnicity of food she had never even tried before. Had a nice bottle of her favorite type of wine (I refuse to spend more than $40 on a bottle.) Great conversation, and then made homemade ice cream (you can switch in home made smores also, works great.) It"s infinitely better than if we had gone out for dinner and a movie - that"s too typical. ...... but, the thing is, you can plan the most badass date in the world, but if she and I had not been a good match it would have been awkward, would have gone bad, and probably not have repeated the date. It"s all about finding the right person. I think!
I gotta say, Indian food on a first date is balls-of-steel. I"d be afraid of sharting during the cuddling.

GrobbeeTrull2.0 said:
And what"s worse than if he"s not faking it? That he chose EQ over his girlfriend and actually thinks its cool.
Depends on the girl. I was addicted to EQ for 5 years and I"ve never been addicted to a girl that long.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Seems like his silence is an answer to the Indianapolis thing.