Girls who broke your heart thread

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Snugglebear said:
You"re just going to be done with it because she hit a rough patch? Dang man! Don"t take the advice on here too serious, anyone can sit there and naysay relationships and be right 9 times out of 10, because most relationships fail. You could go to that wedding and shit on the marriage and probably be right about it ending in divorce in 10 years - that doesn"t make your logic flawless!
Dude, we"ve seen each other two times in the past three weeks, and she"s backed out of stuff at least as many times. What"s the point of being in a relationship where I don"t even see my girlfriend, and it"s like pulling teeth to get her to hang out.

Oh yeah, and I did type up an email. However I just sent it to myself. Made me feel slightly better.

Brad2770

Dude, she made all kinds of crazy time for you before. That shit NEVER changes when you are interested in someone. Before my ex and myself got married, we dated for almost 2 years and saw each other almost everyday of those 2 years and didnt get tired of each other. That shit never changes.

She went to Coldplay. She is going out tomorrow. You know her well enough and have been around her enough, that even on a day she doesnt feel too well, sitting with her on the couch wouldnt hurt. And if she wanted you around, you would be there, no doubt in my mind.

I hate agreeing with Grobbee, but the fucker is right. You call her up and say exactly what he said. Or better yet, you goto her house 30 minutes after you know she should be home and tell her in person. Women hate confrontation.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
These guys telling you to end it have it all wrong. Go for broke, son! Break into her house and surprise her naked in the bedroom with a ribbon around your penis.

tyen

EQ in a browser wait time: ____
<Banned>
The Ancient said:
These guys telling you to end it have it all wrong. Go for broke, son! Break into her house and surprise her naked in the bedroom with a ribbon around your penis.
I just stopped calling mine for a week. Worked for me. I kind of expect both parties to agree on said separation so no words are needed. Usually the whole break-up conversation is a bad idea for both parties.

Snugglebear_foh

shitlord
Eomer said:
Dude, we"ve seen each other two times in the past three weeks, and she"s backed out of stuff at least as many times. What"s the point of being in a relationship where I don"t even see my girlfriend, and it"s like pulling teeth to get her to hang out.

Oh yeah, and I did type up an email. However I just sent it to myself. Made me feel slightly better.
Oh dang, I didn"t realize it had been 3 weeks.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I think that"s a good call Eomer, for your own sake. Don"t get down on yourself too much, everyone has multiple could-have-been girls that didn"t work out for one reason or another, and they just get back up and move on. And again as someone else has said there are many other girls, likely you may meet someone you get along with even better in reasonably short time.

For the breakup, I"d suggest keeping it short and avoid being whiny. Don"t apologize for yourself (never should unless you truly wrong someone), but it"s also not necessarily her fault for losing feelings, so coming down hard on her isn"t really mature either. Something simple like "I"ve been very patient, but this isn"t working for me anymore" might be best. You don"t really owe her an explanation because she should know the reasons the relationship isn"t fulfilling to you anymore, since she"s the cause. Normally email is a pretty shitty way to break up with someone but you aren"t springing something on her out of the blue, so go with whatever you want (except txt of course).

Eomer said:

Can"t really add much to this other than the fact that I know where you"re coming from. I propose utilizing these pictures top to bottom/left to right.

/ <3

Deadpool_foh

shitlord
The Ancient said:
i think this would be better

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WhwbxEfy7fg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, just got off the phone with her. A couple hours after I had left her a message yesterday I sent a text telling her not to worry about calling me back and that I"d talk with her later. It was funny, knowing that she was going out with "the girls" and that she"d be with her friend that she first met me with (who lives out of town) tonight, I half expected a late night call tonight.

She asked me what I was doing, I said I had fallen asleep on the couch, she apologized for calling late and said she could call back, I said no it"s fine it must be important, she said that yeah it just wasn"t working out for her, I said yeah that obviously was the case and basically I had called back yesterday to end things, asked her where she was, she said she was with her friend, I asked if she was really at a bar standing outside having a smoke breaking up with me, she again said sorry and that she didn"t mean to wake me up, and I asked her what had soured things for her.

Considering every time I"ve talked with her the story has changed in the past 3-4 weeks, I don"t know if there"s much point in taking any heed from what she said. But she said that she felt like she couldn"t be herself around me, that I was always "judging" and criticizing her, whether about driving or talking about school or whatever. I said she had mistaken my sense of humor and sarcasm, she said it wasn"t that but more, I said that while I hoped she would change her mind that I wasn"t gonna try to convince her and thanks for what we had and best of luck with things.

And just like with Chuck while one part of me knows that there"s plenty of fish in the sea and that it won"t be long until I barely think about her, the other part of me feels like this is the end of the world. This is the exact reason why in the past I"ve just avoided getting involved in this shit, because it seems like the awesome to shitty ratio in every relationship I ever get in always sucks.

brekk

Dancing Dino Superstar
<Bronze Donator>
Eomer said:
And just like with Chuck while one part of me knows that there"s plenty of fish in the sea and that it won"t be long until I barely think about her, the other part of me feels like this is the end of the world. This is the exact reason why in the past I"ve just avoided getting involved in this shit, because it seems like the awesome to shitty ratio in every relationship I ever get in always sucks.
That"s the way math works. If it takes 100 girls to find the perfect one then you have to go through 99 breakups.

Dabamf_sl

shitlord
I feel for you Eomer, no doubt the frustration of getting involved w/ anyone is a large part of the appeal of just saying fuck it and being a man-whore. It"s worth it in the end though when you meet someone that you truly line up with perfectly.

I wouldn"t put much weight in her explanations either. In all likelihood she just lost her feelings and has been searching for reasons why, that"s why the explanations never fully make sense and constantly change. When I broke up w/ my gf of 1 year in college, pretty much the most perfect relationship I could have asked for, I gave her a slew of reasons, all of which I actually thought were the real reasons. Years later I realized it was because I was still young and needed to go out on my own and have many female adventures before I settled down. Point is, she likely just lost that feeling of connection and can"t quite figure out why. You may not know why, but given time you"ll look back and be able to see quite well where things went wrong.
--------
Since no one has new adventure stories to share I"ll go back to my own dead horse. I mentioned I was finished w/ the Korean girl, but I kind of just let it die without ending it explicitly. Well she started contacting me on her own so I decided I was gonna have to call it quits officially. But I gave it a few days to reflect and get a better read on what happened.

I have repeatedly forgotten that I"m dealing with a Korean girl and the signals that I expect back in the States are not what I should expect here. Men are expected 10x as much to take the lead and what normally means disinterest in the states doesn"t mean the same thing here. With a little time under my belt, my read on everything that happened is that shedidlose some of the admiration & drive to impress me when I was overly stressed & not acting like myself, but she"s still interested in seeing me, she just had more of the "upper hand" to put it overly simply.

The reality is that she"s cool enough and fun enough that we can just meet once a week or so and have a good time and I"d be good with that now. But there was also the issue of her putting in little to no effort (typical Korean girl style), making it so the actual reward isn"t worth the effort required to make it happen. I talked to her today and basically explained that word for word. She has a few minor but time-consuming medical issues and a lot of other stuff going on that makes her unavailable for large stretches of time. I ended up explaining to her on the phone that I understood she has a lot of things going on, and I wanted to continue seeing her, but that what is currently going on isn"t working for me. It"s all good if we just meet once a week or whatever, but if I have to call repeatedly and play whack-a-mole with her schedule while she makes few accommodations, it wasn"t worth it to me. She said she understood my frustrations, and understood if I wanted to break up. She said she always thinks about me though and wants to continue to see each other when we can, and said she would be better at communicating things with me.

I made sure I was clear that I am willing to walk away. It was hard to avoid coming off as whiny and needy and I think undoubtedly I did at least a little bit, but I tried as hard as possible to communicate that I wanted to see her but the difficulties were just not making it worth it, and was clear that the change was gonna have to be on her end. I know I successfully conveyed the message I wanted to on the phone, and put her back in the position of trying to earn my approval, but I"m not confident that it is gonna inspire any real change in her behavior. So I think I"m just being reluctant to put the nail in the coffin, even though I have 0 hope or expectations for a long-term relationship with the girl based on some of her traits.

In the meantime though, waiting around isn"t preventing me from meeting anyone new, so I"m not doing myself a disservice for the long-term. If I meet someone new who I get along with really well tomorrow, I"d have no issue calling it quits with this one. Maybe that"s kind of asshole-ish, I don"t know.

Campari_foh

shitlord
Dabamf said:
In the meantime though, waiting around isn"t preventing me from meeting anyone new, so I"m not doing myself a disservice for the long-term. If I meet someone new who I get along with really well tomorrow, I"d have no issue calling it quits with this one. Maybe that"s kind of asshole-ish, I don"t know.
Eh, I would call that being smart.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
heh, so I un-hid my profile over at POF (Xerxes had asked me to back in March) and within 5 hours I got a message from a girl I"d been chatting with back in the fall. I had used the divorce line on her, without realizing that she"s got a kid. Her message was titled "oh my goodness" and the body was "you still on here... single yet?"

I had mainly just turned on the account to fuck around, no intention of meeting up with anyone for at least a week or two depending on how things go, and the LAST thing I need to get involved with is a 24 year old with a kid and a father in the picture.

Her pics are kind of all over the place, can"t really tell how attractive she is although the closeup is promising:

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
Yeah, that"s kind of where I"m at, or where I was back a few months ago after I realized she had one. I think I had just met Chuck around the time, maybe even after I had gotten that girl"s number, so I just said I"d met someone and left it at that.

The other option that I know I could probably dive in to if I wanted was my old neighbor growing up is back in town. We dated a bit on and off through grade school and messed around from time to time, but nothing serious ever came of it. She looked me up on Facebook awhile back and wanted to meet up for a coffee when she was last in town, but things didn"t work out.

Problem is, she"s moved back to town cause her mom is dying of cancer :/. That"s yet more emotional/personal baggage that I"d rather avoid.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Certainly are some questionable pictures, the 3rd one looks skinny but maybe that was pre-pregnancy, the other 3 arent revealing and anyone could look pretty with just a face shot, her face is pretty skinny looking but angles and makeup etc can hide that

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Eomer said:
I had mainly just turned on the account to fuck around, no intention of meeting up with anyone for at least a week or two depending on how things go, and the LAST thing I need to get involved with is a 24 year old with a kid and a father in the picture.
What are ya talking about? You know she"s easy. I say go for it.

Besides, depending on how old the kid is, they can be pretty cool.

My ex-wife is 24 and we have a kid. She"s not easy though, so that"s not always and indicator. We were married before she got pregnant and he"s 3 now. He"s a bad ass little player haha