Girls who broke your heart thread

W

Wrathcaster

Gaz said:
Your fault spending money you couldn"t afford on relocating, imo. Or your fault for entering into a relationship and immediately getting monetarily invested when the girl showed no interest in picking up the financial burden of relocating (especially if your health is now at risk.)
I didn"t immediately get monetarily invested, and she was saving to share the burden of costs of relocation. We didn"t make arrangements to live together until a year or so after we"d dated. I had planned to move there before I met her, but when we decided we wanted to be together for the long term, I actually made the financial commitment to make it easier for myself later on. The problem is that now that I"ve paid application fees and other career expenses, I don"t have the option of going anywhere else, at least not for a few years. And the application process takes half a year, so I don"t have the time or money to go somewhere else.

In other words, things are going according to my original plan, before I had a girlfriend, and I would have had to spend the $ regardless to move, as I"m not in the same location currently than where I"d planned to relocate. The crux of the matter is that I no longer have the option of making alternative arrangements elsewhere so we could stay together, even if I wanted to. Which I don"t. I can"t afford to cater to someone who can"t make up their goddamned mind and uses me as an emotional security blanket.

I do agree that spending as much money as I did to travel to see her and do things together when she traveled to see me was foolish, especially considering my already precarious financial situation.

It"s mainly just a kick in the balls to see your plans for a life with someone get fucked and know you could have spent the time doing the distance thing instead getting laid and not passing on opportunities to date. It was an investment that didn"t pay off, and more than anything I"m bitter that she couldn"t have told me earlier so I could have spent my time more wisely. I"m also bitter that she used the tired excuse of "changed circumstances" as a badly veiled attempt to break up. I would have appreciated her just telling me she wasn"t willing to compromise and that our relationship wouldn"t work, rather than the spin she put on it. IMO it"s a fucked up way of avoiding responsibility and telling the truth.

Lesson learned, can"t change the mistakes I made, just have to make the most of the time I"ve got from here on in, and not let a woman dictate fundamental life decisions.

Haast

Lord Nagafen Raider
Citten said:
We"re starting to date. What am I supposed to think if she"s out all hours of the night? She"s eating tea and crumpets? It"s not like an isolated incident. I don"t want a chick that frequents bars or random shit on a regular basis. Nor do I want the herps. I don"t know, and now my co-worker is laughing at me at the moment for asking you fags this question. QQ
There"s only one solution. Plant a camera in her apartment and record her 24/7. If she does something you don"t approve of, murder/suicide so you can be together forever...... for..... eeeeeeeverrrrr......

Advice given, tits demanded.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Haast said:
There"s only one solution. Plant a camera in her apartment and record her 24/7. If she does something you don"t approve of, murder/suicide so you can be together forever...... for..... eeeeeeeverrrrr......

Advice given, tits demanded.
By far the best suggestion yet. Don"t forget to hire a P.I. to follow her when she"s not at her apartment. Or you can place a GPS tracker on her car. Make sure she"s not going to any shady establishments, like a restaurant ora bar.

Grumpus

Molten Core Raider
Citten said:
We"re starting to date. What am I supposed to think if she"s out all hours of the night? She"s eating tea and crumpets? It"s not like an isolated incident. I don"t want a chick that frequents bars or random shit on a regular basis. Nor do I want the herps. I don"t know, and now my co-worker is laughing at me at the moment for asking you fags this question. QQ
Do you have a sister? Invite them both over to watch a movie. Tell your sister not to act like a cunt and befriend this obvious skank. Serve them drinks, lots of drinks. Girls bond when the are plastered. When they start throwing up don"t help either of them. Let them hold each others hair back. At the end of the night they will clearly be the best of friends.

Then your sister will have an in and you can get her to tag along on one of these late nighters.

Don"t have a sister? You know what apartment she lives in right? So you know what mail slot is hers. Send her a mail bomb.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
So what do you guys think is going on when you ask a girl out, she initially says yes, gives you her number, etc, then when you go to make concrete plans she flakes to the tune of "You just caught me by surprise is all", or something very similar.

I"m guessing plenty of initial attraction, but in between you asking her out and trying to make actual plans, talked herself out of it for one reason or another?

I"ve come across plenty of flaky girls over the years, but this particular excuse has always intrigued me.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Mmmkeshek said:
So what do you guys think is going on when you ask a girl out, she initially says yes, gives you her number, etc, then when you go to make concrete plans she flakes to the tune of "You just caught me by surprise is all", or something very similar.

I"m guessing plenty of initial attraction, but in between you asking her out and trying to make actual plans, talked herself out of it for one reason or another?

I"ve come across plenty of flaky girls over the years, but this particular excuse has always intrigued me.
There isn"t a definite answer but often times girls will give out their numbers to avoid an awkward situation. It is 1000x easier to just give a dude your number than to reject him.

Gaz_foh

shitlord
Tenks said:
There isn"t a definite answer but often times girls will give out their numbers to avoid an awkward situation. It is 1000x easier to just give a dude your number than to reject him.
This. I"ve given a guy a number (fake) to get him out of my hair when he was too drunk/stupid to realize I wasn"t particularly interested in his company. Also familiar with people giving out their real number because they"re under the impression the guy asking will never actually call.

Or, in your case, maybe the chick is now dating someone else. Sort"ve like a job application deal, she got accepted elsewhere and at the moment is not interested in other offers. Or whatever.

rinthea_foh

shitlord
Citten said:
Alright, date is on for tonight. Money says it goes just fine. Will report on the results.
I think you should slip her some coin at the end of the night if she puts out. Just in case. You don"t want to look like an idiot.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
rinthea said:
I think you should slip her some coin at the end of the night if she puts out. Just in case. You don"t want to look like an idiot.
Ask for her hourly rate before hand, you know, just in case.

Zehnpai

Molten Core Raider
Grumpus said:
At the end of the night they will clearly be the best of friends.
I was with you till this point. A proper story would have ended with mixed feelings of pride and regret as he wakes up in the morning with apartment girl curled in his arms and his sister big spooning him from behind complete with reach around.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Citten said:
Alright, date is on for tonight. Money says it goes just fine. Will report on the results.
Make sure you bring up her late night habits and let her know you disapprove. You should do this on the first date because if she"s not willing to get home before dusk while she"s dating you then she"s probably not worth your time.

Gaz_foh

shitlord
Skan said:
Make sure you bring up her late night habits and let her know you disapprove. You should do this on the first date because if she"s not willing to get home before dusk while she"s dating you then she"s probably not worth your time.
Truth. No proper God-fearing woman would be out that late (and without a chaperone?!)

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
PigBenis said:
Ask for her hourly rate before hand, you know, just in case.
Don"t forget to ask her for her medical history, and a list of all her clie...ex"s.