Girls who broke your heart thread

W

Wrathcaster

Phoenix said:
Girl told me she loved me in about the most inopportune time(on the phone in the middle of a break in the conversation which had nothing to do about our relationship or feelings) and because of that I was silent due to the complete surprise/shock of it. Now ole girl is hurt and doubting herself and says she is now unsure of herself and us and pretty much leading towards walking away from it all.

Ive tried telling her in every single way I can think of its not her fault, nothing has changed yadda yadda yadda but she just doesnt listen. Im getting close to the point of telling her "hey take your time call me when your ready to move forward ill be around" or something and just backing away. Sound plan or is there some fixer upper to this?
Do you love her back? If you don"t, then avoid telling her you love her just to make her feel better/because she said it too. That"s a pretty big step down a path of dishonesty just for the sake of pleasing someone, and it can lead you to bad places. Had a chick do that to me once I"d been dating for like 2 months, just wasn"t that into her and she knew I was moving states in a few weeks. Sorry, but no deal. Whether she really meant it or it was some ploy to get me to take her with me (she moved to the same state, albeit a different city, shortly thereafter... coincidence?).

Women crying, pouting, bitching, or upset isn"t fun and they have this neat trick they do of making you feel like an asshole/guilty/anxious when you shouldn"t or haven"t even done anything wrong. Women can be very manipulative, and can be very good at masking the fact that they"re being manipulative.

You don"t have to be a total dick or completely act like you don"t give a shit, but don"t fall into the trap of being the bad guy just because she said something surprising at a time when you were completely unsuspecting. It might suck for her, and it"s possible she was convinced you felt the same way, but just because you didn"t respond exactly the way she may have wanted doesn"t mean you"ve done something wrong. Perhaps she"s not the type of woman to do this, but if you let her put you on the defensive or make you the guilty party when you haven"t done anything wrong, she can do it in the future and it"s not a good foundation for a long-term relationship.

If the girl really loves you, she"s probably going to stick around despite a temporary case of butthurt. You don"t have to be a dick about it, and there"s nothing wrong with talking about it or pretending to care, but don"t start apologizing for something you didn"t do. An apology implies a wrong; you"ve done nothing wrong. Don"t get in the habit now of apologizing for things you haven"t done, or things you have done that aren"t wrong... It"s a tough habit to break and some women absolutely will take advantage of it, even if they don"t know they are.

Good example of something that happened to me recently, different circumstances: I"ve been dating a chick for a few months... mostly just looking for company and quality banging on weekends or breaks. She"s a nice girl and an awesome bang, but we really have nothing in common, I"m not looking for a serious relationship as I"m about to move states, and I"m not really trying to bring some girl with me that I just met 4 months ago. I"ve had a nasty history of long relationships that turn out awful, and I won"t have it on my conscience that I had some poor girl leave her family and friends because she wants to keep it going.

2-3 weeks ago she asks me, "so we"re boyfriend/girlfriend right?"

"No, we"re just dating and hanging out, having a good time with each other."

"BAWWWWWWW!!! WAHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!" *waterworks*

"Hey I told you I wasn"t sure I wanted a serious relationship, not trying to hurt your feelings but I"m leaving soon. We can still hang out and it"s not like I"m not going to be nice to you."

"bawwwwwww?"

"You want to go get some sushi and see a movie? How about some awesome cheesecake? We can even watch that gay romantic comedy you"ve been talking about. Well let me know if you do, offer"s always open and I"m not seeing anyone else right now."

"wwahhh- wait... THE VOW AND CHEESECAKE/SUSHI OMG" *instant nudity*

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Speaking of women and their shit..

So I"ve been talking to this chick through texts for the past 3 or so months(met her a few times at various "parties". She got my number through a mutual friend, which is kind of creeper status, but whatever).

So anyways, she proceeds to tell me about a week ago that if I would "Just give her the time of day, she"d rock my world." I tell her that "Normally I"d totally be down, but sex always complicates things"(which was my way of letting her down easy, because she isn"t very attractive).

She then goes into a 10 text diatribe about how she "isn"t like other girls" and if I"d just hang out with her I"d see that(during the same diatribe she let it slip that she hasn"t had sex in like 7 months). I tell her, "That"s what ALL girls say, sorry." She says that I should ask all her male friends if it"s true, yada yada yada.

So I tell her, "Well, since it"s been a while and everything for you, why don"t you get one of your male friends to step up to the plate and help you knock one out real quick.." Her exact text was...

"To be honest with ya...they would be too easy to take and have. You on the other hand..you don"t want me like that so it"s more of a challenge for me I suppose. I"ve never been told no...so it just drives me mad!!"

At least she isn"t like other girls..

NargorothRiP_foh

shitlord
Ser Kegkilla said:
was a bit of a let down. went down to baltimore to party with a couple of pals but they were both kind of sick and couldn"t handle the all day drink a thon. didn"t even get laid, which is nearly unheard of when i travel down there. ah well, can"t win em all.

Why didn"t you tell me you were coming down? I could of set time aside to beat your punk ass.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
NargorothRiP said:
Why didn"t you tell me you were coming down? I could of set time aside to beat your punk ass.
i"ll be there in a few weeks for orioles opening day, would love to see your pretty face.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Ser Kegkilla said:
is this the fatty that writes dumb shit on facebook?
Negative. This is another chick who just isn"t attractive. She might have slight potential, but she is the utter definition of "hipster" in the way she dresses/presents herself.

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
brekk said:
He"s still got trust issues cause his wife cheated on him for a long ass time and lied to him about it.

The whole quote was "There are definitely some issues, like my constant anxiety that I am being cheated on" [(minus the parenthesis) plus more parenthesis and brackets]

Silence_sl

shitlord
Aamina said:
Reading isn"t your strong suit is it?
What the fuck, you soggy, weeping vagina? Brekk has taken shits vastly more intelligent than you are. You are one of thelastpeople on this board to be calling into question his or anyone else"s intelligence because you are in the bottom of that barrel and looking all the way up.

Why don"t you do FOH a favor and jump off the same cliff that Jerle did and let us humans FOH in peace.

W

Wrathcaster

Hate to back up Aamina... But damn dude, srsly, that"s a little harsh even for him.

I am taking the girl I mentioned out for dinner tomorow and I have been trying to back read this thread but its huge. Somone mentioned dinner bein a bad idea but we all ready agreed to food so is this a lost cause or can I fix it

Firewalker

Silver Knight of the Realm
Cancerous said:
I am taking the girl I mentioned out for dinner tomorow and I have been trying to back read this thread but its huge. Somone mentioned dinner bein a bad idea but we all ready agreed to food so is this a lost cause or can I fix it
The only reason dinner is bad is because it doesn"t leave a lot of room for physical contact. Just try to do something afterwards that allows you to get closer to the girl.

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
As I said before, I think dinner can be perfectly fine if you already know the person a bit and have some mutual interests and/or you can hold a decent conversation even if it"s a stranger. I"ve done dinner for a first date plenty and I"ve never found it to have been a negative at all, although other dates might be better suited to the circumstances.

W

Wrathcaster

Aamina said:
Especially since...you know, the guy in question failed Reading Comprehension due to a set of parenthesis. But whatever. DOGPILE NO HOMO
Don"t push it, you forehead smooching pussy