Girls who broke your heart thread

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
What Keg and Drinsic said is exactly right. From recent personal experience with the very same "my phone sucks and keeps dropping texts/call logs" issue as well...the blunt truth is that if YOU had a shitty phone, you"d still do everything in your power to contact her, right? If you had a crappy day at work and were so busy you couldn"t think straight, you"d still spend five minutes to text her or even call her, right?

Why is that? Because you like her. She isn"t making the same effort, so you have to face the fact that she doesn"t like you the same way. Your brain is going to try to make you rationalize it and think, "Well, she maybe just doesn"t like me as much, but she"ll grow into it." No, she won"t. I don"t mean to be a dick, but trust me on this, eventually you are going to do exactly the same thing I did. You"re going to think that telling her how you feel (probably repeatedly, since she"ll try to ignore it like EVERY single female in the history of the universe has done, bar none) will win her over, but eventually she"s going to realize that her only option is not speaking to you, and you"ll be even more devastated.

And in the end, you"ll realize that she really wasn"t the perfect 10 you thought she was. They never are, in hindsight. If she was a perfect 10, she"d be paying attention to you, that"s the first thing. All those little things you overlook right now because "they aren"t a big deal" you"ll realize they all added up to make her a lot less perfect than you thought she was. You"re stuck in the "wanting what you can"t have" quandary, and believe me, when it is all over and you end up not being with her, you"ll realize we were all right.

Since that might still not convince you 100%, trust all of us when we say that the ONLY way you even have a little bit of a chance with her is to tell her you"re done with all this petty bullshit and moving on to a woman that has her shit together. But you have to actually believe that too. Don"t look through online profiles, just go out and look at women, even if you don"t talk to them. Look at how many are plenty attractive to you. I can promise you that plenty of those attractive ones are also pretty cool to hang out with. And some of them would even like you back, and actually let you know.

I know it is difficult, trust me. It hurts. But I promise you, NOTHING feels better than moving on and realizing what you were doing to yourself, and how much better than this you really are.

Void

Experiencer
<Gold Donor>
This talk of Aamina made me realize I didn"t stress one thing enough.

It doesn"t matter if she"s a perfect 10 or you catch her out in the parking lot sucking 37 dicks. You can"t control what she does or feels, and you can"t make someone like you. I don"t blame the girl I liked for not returning the feeling, because honestly I"ve had the same situation in reverse happen to me. Sometimes you just don"t feel the same way about someone that they do.

What YOU do with the situation is all you can control, so spending time blaming her, or trying to make it work, or being depressed and unable to get out of bed are all on you, not her. You have to decide to move on, regardless of what she did or didn"t do to you, or what you perceived the situation to be.

Keg said it in just a short line or two, but he"s right. YOU have to man up and move on, and not care about what might have been or could be. You have to decide if you"re going to be the guy that looks forward or remains hung up on someone that isn"t into him. It"s tough, believe me. I"m not "over" her by a long shot; I wouldn"t have liked her so much if there weren"t a million great things about her. But I have to move on because she"s not ever going to be what I want her to be. Hopefully I find someone that is just as good in other ways, and maybe even better. That"s all you can do. Move on.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Solariss said:
The problem with this girl is she is the hottest piece of ass I"m sure I"ll ever get. She"s literally like a perfect 10. I"m sifting through chicks on okcupid for the last 2 hours, and check like 30 girls. None of which I even come remotely close to wanting to fucking talk to. Maybe this girl has ruined my life. I honestly feel like I can"t settle for less. Even though she"s a bitch on the inside, she"s so beautiful it hurts to think about
If I called you a superficial idiot, would you understand why I did? Who gives a shit if she"s a 10 on the outside she"s far from perfect as a whole package.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The Ancient said:
If I called you a superficial idiot, would you understand why I did? Who gives a shit if she"s a 10 on the outside she"s far from perfect as a whole package.
The basic summary of this entire thread is "Guy becomes obsessed with a girl only for her looks and she dumps him and he flips his shit"

A "perfect 10", in my book, means she is not only beautiful but she is smart, nice, funny and has her life together. You can"t be a perfect 10 if you are a good looking girl and expect the world to grovel at your feet because of that. It is a complete cliche but looks will fade. So you"ll be stuck with a 40 year old wearing way too much makeup and looking like an old handbag with the most vile personality known to man.

Kenadul

Golden Knight of the Realm
Solariss said:
Maybe this girl has ruined my life. I honestly feel like I can"t settle for less. Even though she"s a bitch on the inside, she"s so beautiful it hurts to think about
Just move on now man, or you are gonna be posting the same story over the next few months. I"ve had girls break their phones and borrow their friends/sisters phones, send a message on Facebook, etc to get in contact with me. When a chick is feeling you she is going to contact you period. As far as her being a 10, you have the whole situation of you not seeing her, talking to her boosting her up in your mind. She is really probably like a 7 and you can find someone cooler and better looking no problem if you grow up and move on.

This is pretty much your last shot at constructive advice, if you keep this shit up everyone is gonna have to cut and paste Aamina responses from years back to your continued sob story.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Kenadul said:
This is pretty much your last shot at constructive advice, if you keep this shit up everyone is gonna have to cut and paste Aamina responses from years back to your continued sob story.
And you don"t want hit that stage. You"ll be shilling your retarded teenage angst novella inside your fucking dating profile of all things.

CnCGOD_foh

shitlord
I still don"t get why so many guys get hung up purely on looks like that. What the fuck, this is a person you will be spending a huge chunk of your free time with. Find someone who looks pretty good (6-8 territory) and is fun to be with no matter what. I am talking someone you could sit in a room with no distractions and no sex but still enjoy every moment of their company. That is what will make you really happy, not the vapid/arrogant model types out there. Also I recommend avoiding the ones with no drive in their life, find someone with a good job who values success and that will make you equals in the relationship which is far far better than dependent types.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Or if you are going to go after girls purely on looks because you want to nut in them then don"t fall in love. Eventually she will flake out so if your heart is never in the relationship she can"t break it. I"m not saying every relationship has to have to goal of marriage but if you despise a girl"s personality but love her tits then don"t invest in it.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
It"s common fucking sense and common fucking courtesy if you score with a smoking hottie to treat her like crap afterwards and kick her to the curb. In this way we continue to keep her esteem low so that the next guy can swoop in and do the same. BRO CODE.

You little shits falling in love with and fawning all over hot girls are doing more than just fucking up things for yourself.

kegkilla

The Big Mod
<Banned>
mic-by-Robert%20Bejil.jpg

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Aamina said:
Do you know how successful I am? No, because many people here are giant fuckwads.
Are you a teacher or a psychologist or both yet? Trying not to be a fuckwad anymore.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Tenks said:
A "perfect 10", in my book, means she is not only beautiful but she is smart, nice, funny and has her life together. You can"t be a perfect 10 if you are a good looking girl and expect the world to grovel at your feet because of that. It is a complete cliche but looks will fade. So you"ll be stuck with a 40 year old wearing way too much makeup and looking like an old handbag with the most vile personality known to man.
Even the "hottest chick alive" is only a 9. What makes a woman a perfect "10" are all the intangibles that Tenks talks about. Intelligence, sense of humor, no drama, etc. If you"re just trying to stick your dick in something? Sure, aim for 9s. But if you are trying to "fall in love" with somebody like you claim you are? She better fucking have all the other shit to go along with it, because once those titties start sagging and your dick doesn"t get hard like it used to, you"re going to be fucking miserable.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/9NF5XU-k2Vk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Kirun said:
Even the "hottest chick alive" is only a 9. What makes a woman a perfect "10" are all the intangibles that Tenks talks about. Intelligence, sense of humor, no drama, etc. If you"re just trying to stick your dick in something? Sure, aim for 9s. But if you are trying to "fall in love" with somebody like you claim you are? She better fucking have all the other shit to go along with it, because once those titties start sagging and your dick doesn"t get hard like it used to, you"re going to be fucking miserable.
True, but a lot of people can"t just jump into a relationship with someone that they aren"t attracted to either. I know I can"t, and every time I meet a woman who is fun to be around to the point that we can be friends, yet I"m not attracted whatsoever, it"s somewhat sad. And it"s a two way street as well, I"ve met women that I"ve fallen for that aren"t attracted to me, it"s just how it is. I don"t think it has to be supermodel level attraction either, but there has to besomething.

I have a number of friends who tell me repeatedly about some woman who will be attracted to me, some friend or whatever, but if I"m not physically attracted I just can"t do it. What, should I play women I"m not attracted to for sex then drop them? I can"t do that, sorry, and I can"t understand guys that do.
Aamina said:
The obsession with me here is unhealthy.
You repeatedly put yourself out there with some sad story then get mad when people repeatedly bag on you. Are you for real, lol? The only obsessions I see are you posting the same type of things over and over.

Aamina said:
Do you know how content and happy I am? No, because many people here are fuckwads. Do you know how successful I am? No, because many people here are giant fuckwads.
If you are happy and successful, then why do you post your travails so frequently here? You sure as shit don"t sound happy, at the very least, and successful, has jack and shit to do with this thread.

There is a disconnect between what you expect or want from posting here, and what you are going to get. People here are not going to kiss your ass, and they will tell you what they think. If you don"t like that, then don"t post. No one is going to give you advice that is the forum equivalent of kissing you on the forehead.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Erronius said:
True, but a lot of people can"t just jump into a relationship with someone that they aren"t attracted to either. I know I can"t, and every time I meet a woman who is fun to be around to the point that we can be friends, yet I"m not attracted whatsoever, it"s somewhat sad. And it"s a two way street as well, I"ve met women that I"ve fallen for that aren"t attracted to me, it"s just how it is. I don"t think it has to be supermodel level attraction either, but there has to besomething.
No, I totally agree there. All the personality in the world won"t matter if I don"t want to be seen in public with a girl. Women, however, can still not be "attracted" to a perfectly good-looking dude. They have about a million more qualifiers than we do. I haven"t found a man on the planet who wouldn"t at least fuck/otherwise fool around with a 7 or 8, even if her personality, job, etc. sucked.

Erronius said:
I have a number of friends who tell me repeatedly about some woman who will be attracted to me, some friend or whatever, but if I"m not physically attracted I just can"t do it. What, should I play women I"m not attracted to for sex then drop them? I can"t do that, sorry, and I can"t understand guys that do.
While I"ve never just had sex with an ugly girl and then never called her or anything again, I have strung along "ugly" girls under the guise of just wanting to be "friends", until a better option came along. Shitty? Probably. However, I still feel that a woman gets "more" out of that scenario than a man being strung along by a woman. So in my twisted head, I feel that it isn"t as "unfair" as the woman"s version of the "friend zone".