Godzilla (2014)

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
SO like every good classic Godzilla movie then? Sounds to me they are redoing a classic Godzilla movie where they build up to it slowly throughout the film then boom awesome. I don't see the problem.

I think people are too used to bad monster movies over the years where they just bash you over the head with the main event and you get worn out.
True the older style was better. Slow suspenseful build up with the climax ending being what it's supposed to be.

I recently re-watched the original Alien with some younger relatives. They'd just seen one of the Alien vs Predator movies, and were keen to see where the series started. They spotted that I had the DVD of Alien so we sat down to watch it ( hell I wanted them to know what a good Alien movie is ). So we're watching it and at the very start of the film you have the opening where the crew are still in stasis and the camera does slow pans and moves through the eerie and vacant ship. One of the kids said "You just know something's gonna jump out at any second!"

I explained that that's not how this type of movie works. It does a build up, then at the end all the wild, full on crazy shit happens. How it's supposed to be.

Caliane

some review said there won't be much Godzilla in the film until the final scene/battle.
I get the impression that this is going to be sortof like Pacific rim in terms of timeline, from the trailers.

As in, the movie might start "now". we may see some floods, etc. but, no one knows the reason for them, somehow. Guy loses his wife etc, in the evac. Maybe its mostly a first person point of view like Cloverfield, so yeah. random people just see the flood, or falling buildings, they really don't see where it came from. But then we jump 20 years it the future. and we get the "coverup", and attempts to stop it with bombs, and manmade monsters, and it coming back.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
MUTO = Massive Unidentifed Terrestrial Organism. seams like more than of a race/classification than a specific monster.

this site is pretty kinda neat, but clearly a gimick.

mutoresearch.net

The toys got leaked, word is there are 2 monsters other than zilla, perhaps one is rodan?

muto-close-2.jpg

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
why are they giving away some of the movie major plot points? to look at the first three trailers you'd think it was about him attack the city / mankind not a monster on monster fight that would have been a nice fucking surprise for the audience.

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
why are they giving away some of the movie major plot points? to look at the first three trailers you'd think it was about him attack the city / mankind not a monster on monster fight that would have been a nice fucking surprise for the audience.
Because not many people want Godzilla v. man. THEY WANT MONSTER FIGHTS! Advertising in a way that keeps people away from the theater is stupid.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
i understand monster vs monster is awesome. am a big fan of them. However just seem like more trailers more of the movie major plot points are being told / spoiled. look at the x-men movie there staring to do this hole 30sec trailer shit too ffs leave us wanting more not oh so that's whats going to happen....

Flipmode

EQOA Refugee
i understand monster vs monster is awesome. am a big fan of them. However just seem like more trailers more of the movie major plot points are being told / spoiled. look at the x-men movie there staring to do this hole 30sec trailer shit too ffs leave us wanting more not oh so that's whats going to happen....
It was only the US trailers that portrayed that angle though. The overseas ones pretty much shouted monster fight and tbh, they should have made those the official trailers in the US too.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was only the US trailers that portrayed that angle though. The overseas ones pretty much shouted monster fight and tbh, they should have made those the official trailers in the US too.
Seriously. It's fucking Godzilla. There's no mystery and we don't need some Cloverfield-esque viral marketing campaign to build up to the big reveal that Godzilla will feature monsters.

Paranoia

Trakanon Raider
it doesn't mean, they couldn't have kept it secret we all assumed it was zilla tearing into the city and destroying shit. I know the movies in the pass were monster vs monster I know i've seen all the old movies but this new remake could have kept that part as a really nice surprise.

Rime

<Donor>
Probably to show that it is not like the other US Godzilla movie, where it was 'Zilla versus Man and terrible.

Famm

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
it doesn't mean, they couldn't have kept it secret we all assumed it was zilla tearing into the city and destroying shit. I know the movies in the pass were monster vs monster I know i've seen all the old movies but this new remake could have kept that part as a really nice surprise.
Its a week away, of course they are showing a ton more content and lots of shit is leaking. Stop watching spoiler videos if you want to be surprised.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
When i saw the first trailer, i thought it was Godzilla vs Walter White
That would have just ended up as Godzilla vs Jesse Pinkman, after Walt guilt tripped and manipulated Jesse into fighting 'Zilla while he ran home to tell Skylar and Walter Jr. that all the commotion and tremors were just the foundation of the house settling.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I think with the Japanese Godzilla movies, it was only the very first one that was a Godzilla vs Mankind film, but its been a while since I saw it. Then after that they knew that the best thing was to have Godzilla be the good guy and battle other monsters.

Then the American one 1997or8 went for a US military vs Godzilla, plus they wanted to invent their own Velociraptor clones. That was never going to work.

Jean Reno was pretty cool