Godzilla (2014)

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate PG-13 action movies. But Godzilla doesn't need an R rating to be a good movie. That's like saying The Day After Tomorrow would have been better with an R rating.

Juvarisx

Florida
The only adapted "giant" monster movie I can think of that would benefit from an R rating would be Mountains of Madness. If this works like Pacific Rim did it will be just fine PG-13

spronk

FPS noob
this movie will be a huge summer blockbuster, proving forever that walt (godzilla) is greater than jesse (need for speed)

Gorillaz_sl

shitlord
I'm good with PG13, it's really a matter of making sure they create an atmosphere where Godzilla should be feared.

The Matthew Broderick one went too heavy with the comedy.

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Don't get me wrong, I absolutely hate PG-13 action movies. But Godzilla doesn't need an R rating to be a good movie. That's like saying The Day After Tomorrow would have been better with an R rating.
Sure as hell couldn't have been any worse

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
On the other hand other originally Japanese movies like Dragonball Evolution only get PG. R may have helped... or at least PG-13.

Goatface

add boobs and wolves ripping apart half those kids would add at least a 1 star to it in my book

Oldbased

> Than U
The only thing good about Day After Tomorrow was the hot teeny who got a small cut then got infected, but we never got her breasts or anything good. Thankfully she went on to Shameless after the world froze over and we were blessed with a new fucking position every episode for like 4 years. The end.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Almost every movie is made at least slightly better with an R rating. That said, it's totally understandable why they aim for PG-13 for a lot of these films. However, there are a decent number of movies that I immediately lose interest in for being rated PG-13 rather than R.

This is not one of them.

spronk

FPS noob
fuckin a, its my Wakandan godzilla vs rodan?

gonna do some epic mst3k viewing before i see this in theaters. GAMERA GAMERA GAMERA

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
wtf, american trailer is like... um something ominous happnend, you might see a shadow of some reptile.

asian trailer is like, yea it's godzilla, you're not dumb, oh look ras al ghul is saying at the end of the trailer, it's a monster brawl, look at rodan headbutting godzilla.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
hells fucking yeah.

so basically godzilla is top secret hush hush being caged and bryan cranston is all butthurt because his wife died and he was told by the govmnt it was due to an "earthquake" and he suspects something isnt right with that explanation. another monster then pops up and its rodan doing rodan shit like wind damaging the statue of liberty and knocking planes out of the sky and then these mutated ants also appear chewing up cities and the military cant stop it and can no lomger cover it all up. as a last resort they release godzilla to kill the monster. at that point mass destruction ensues and cranston uncovers the big secret that the government is responsible for his wife's death and making all these monsters and prompyly loses his shit.