"Good" games, that you hate.

Nostrovia_sl

shitlord
I couldn't get into Oblivion or Fallout 3. They were the exact same game to me, just dungeons and caves replaced with buildings and towns.

Ridas

Pay to play forum
And a lot of older folks have serious rose-colored glasses when thinking about those older games.
I played BG2 like half a year ago again and Fallout 2 maybe one and a half ago and they are still awsome games. Not exactly rose-colored glasses.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
Assassin's Creed for me. I couldn't even make it an hour in to the first one. The whole "press this button to WALK SLOWLY" thing just killed me. Especially since the begging was WALK SLOWLY UP THIS HUGE FUCKING MOUNTAIN, talk to a dude, then WALK SLOWLY BACK DOWN. I'm sure it's probably a fine game, but it irritated me so much I never even gave it much of a chance.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Dead Space. I bought it during a steam sale because I heard it was really good. I don't know if it was all the Hype that my friends built up for it or what, but I played about 2-3 hours of it and never touched it again. It sucks too because my friends say Dead Space 2 was just as good, but since Dead Space left me with such a sour taste it makes me not even want to pick up the 2nd one.
PC or console? Dead Space 2 the controls were changed from fuck awful survival-horror style to FPS quality and the improvement was enormous. And on PC Dead Space 1 was practically unplayable without some sort of third party hack or config wizardry because retarded Resident Evil console style controls don't work with a mouse.

DS1 to DS2 is like going from Alien to Aliens, if only because of the controls. DS2 is practically the best shooter I have ever played.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
starcraft 2 doesnt feel like starcraft

im mad about it
Feels completely like Starcraft to me. Other than a different set of units and better controls they play nearly the same.

I hated what they did to war3, at least in multi (creeps and loot), so its not like I'm a raging fanboy of all things Blizzard.

Sidian

Lord Nagafen Raider
PC or console? Dead Space 2 the controls were changed from fuck awful survival-horror style to FPS quality and the improvement was enormous. And on PC Dead Space 1 was practically unplayable without some sort of third party hack or config wizardry because retarded Resident Evil console style controls don't work with a mouse.

DS1 to DS2 is like going from Alien to Aliens, if only because of the controls. DS2 is practically the best shooter I have ever played.
It was on PC. It's funny because while playing it I felt that I'd probably enjoy it better on the console just because it felt so damn clunky on the PC. Maybe eventually I'll get around to giving it another shot, but probably not anytime soon.

Conefed

Blackwing Lair Raider
My close friend that typically has good opinions raved about "Rage"
It took me 5 attempts to finish first "dungeon", feeling disgusted and thinking the game horrible each time. $5 maybe, but not the $60 I paid.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I like Assassin's Creed, but it definitely had its failings. It shot really high for some ideas that they just could not properly realize and some parts were really bad, but it was still an awesome new IP that started an amazing franchise. Assassin's Creed 2 pretty much fixed everything bad about AC1 and fully realized all the fantastic things that they tried to pull off.

If they took AC1 and fixed the pacing and mechanics with all the knowledge they've gained over the life of the series I think it would be an amazing game and I would definitely replay it. It has an incredible setting that would be worth revisiting.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
I didn't even like the second Assassin's Creed. The games are way too repetitive.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I did the first assassination mission and realized the entire game is shitty as fuck combat, giant boring city scapes and the most retarded enemy AI imaginable.

LulzSect

Well-Known Memer
<Banned>
I'm gonna add LoL to this thread. Once I tried DoTA 2, reminded me what DoTA really is. Not some flash game.

Last edited:

nuday

Golden Squire
FF13, thought that game mechanics were pretty solid, but bugged down by over the top characters and basically cliche touche story line...I cannot finish it even after 3 re-tries....

and basicallyallFPS games (RPG, Multiplayer, novelty (L4D)). I play some casually but I never have fun with them. Just passing time.
To be totally honest, I fucking hate all Final Fantasy games past 10. I think I only like the earlier ones because of nostalgia, but goddamn the characters and "action RPG" stuff in the newer ones drives me insane. I thought 13 looked cool, picked it up and played it for about two days before realizing that it wasn't going to let me off the A to B path, then turned it off.

Baldur's Gate - I realize it's considered a crime to not love it, but I couldn't stand it back in the day. I wanted to love it as I was/am a D&D nerd but after a few hours I couldn't stand it anymore. I'm going to try the enhanced edition at one point to give it another shot.

Left4Dead - Liked the premise, hated the execution. Seemed like you're either playing the infected or wishing that you were. Doesn't help that the community is horrid.

Braid - Didn't like the puzzles.

Counter Strike: Never was appealing. Tried it when it was new-ish, much preferred Q1 Team Fortress.

Ninja Gaiden (360) : It seemed as if your #1 enemy was the camera. It seemed as if they purposefully made the camera do exactly the opposite of what you wanted at any given moment.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Counter Strike: Never was appealing. Tried it when it was new-ish, much preferred Q1 Team Fortress.
I preferred Team Fortress as well. Never cared much for Counter Strike. Getting rid of grenades in TF2 was a mistake. TF2 is still badass though. That and Borderlands are the only online FPS games I play..

MrBelding_sl

shitlord
Red Dead Redemption - I like cowboys, westerns and video games but I could never get into this. I wouldn't say I hated it, but am annoyed I spent money to buy it.

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
The latests Deus Ex. Whenever i tried playing, 5 minutes later id be like yea, i feel nothing for this world, the character, the gameplay.

Dota2 and all the clones. I just dont understand the appeal. I even watched youtube vids trying to explain basic gameplay. Do you have to remember all the items from the vendor by heart? I just dont get it.

How could i forget skyrim. The mmorpg where youre alone and where you can complete the main story in around 15 hours.