"Good" games, that you hate.

Juvarisx

Florida
Pokemon games. I really just don't get the appeal. I can't stand battle pets in wow either for the record

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Going to add to the Skyrim hate. Just wasn't for me.

I also didn't care for Batman AA .

an accordion_sl

shitlord
Grandia and Grandia 2... Good friend that is all like crazy into books and good RPGs is like the games come from jebus himself etc etc... 35min into Grandia 2 I call him up and say ' okay.. So this dude is the bad guy this happens and then this happens and who this dude is really the bad guy and trying to do shit for xyz reason ... Right...' .. He was silent then said ' no...well...yeah...your 95% right...'

count me in also on bioshock, oblivion and masseffect...and wow bc and onward.
The grandia games are hyped for the combat system, not some intricate storyline.

Siliconemelons

The grandia games are hyped for the combat system, not some intricate storyline.
my friend hyped it to me for the story, so that's how it was for me...and the CLANK CLANK walking was somehow WORSE than the armor dude from ff9... Friend did the same thing to me about lufia...it was ehhh...

Anwyn_sl

shitlord
people sure love buzzwords. i don't see what's "gimmicky" about the game or how a significant death penalty is stupid. games are supposed to piss you off. visceral reactions like that are what make many games worth playing.
News to me that games are supposed to piss me off. I thought I played them to enjoy the game, relieve some stress, and occupy myself for some time. Thanks for informing me what I should be playing games for because I wasn't sure until now. Whatever was I thinking before?

Troll_sl

shitlord
DotA(2), LoL, HoN.

Horrible, repetitive, RPS gameplay. The only fun I get out of it is fucking up a match for other people. That being possible makes them shitty games, though.

Troll_sl

shitlord
And yeah, lol at people getting pissed off at video games. Really? You want to spend your time getting angry? I'm glad I don't know you.

Dahlrek_sl

shitlord
Tie Fighter - Loved and beat X-Wing, tried Tie Fighter and played less than an hour
DotA - Interesting concept, but the UI and learning curve ruined it
Counterstrike - Played tons of multiplayer FPS, but found this just fundamentally uninteresting
WoW - Surely you can't be serious

supertouch_sl

shitlord
News to me that games are supposed to piss me off. I thought I played them to enjoy the game, relieve some stress, and occupy myself for some time. Thanks for informing me what I should be playing games for because I wasn't sure until now. Whatever was I thinking before?
i'm not talking about launching into a tirade and breaking stuff. listen, i don't think video games are that important in the grand scheme of things but do i really need to explain why frustration makes video games more satisfying?

Troll_sl

shitlord
PC or console? Dead Space 2 the controls were changed from fuck awful survival-horror style to FPS quality and the improvement was enormous. And on PC Dead Space 1 was practically unplayable without some sort of third party hack or config wizardry because retarded Resident Evil console style controls don't work with a mouse.

DS1 to DS2 is like going from Alien to Aliens, if only because of the controls. DS2 is practically the best shooter I have ever played.
I'm glad I read this post. I'd bought DS1 and DS2 a while back, and having tried the abortion that was DS1 for PC, I didn't bother trying 2. Just fired it up, and it's pretty awesome.

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
1. Assassin's Creed Series: Most overrated pile of shit of all time?
2. The Sequels: Arkham City, Bioshock 2, Dragon Age 2
3. Shooters: Counter Strike, Battlefields (after 1942), Borderlands
4. Alan Wake: Like a good movie that dragged on for 3 hours too long

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I liked Alan Wake enough to finish it but not enough to play the dlc/sequels etc that just dragged out the same shit.

And I'm with you on avoiding frustrating games. I don't get the feeling of accomplishment when I defeat such obstacles anymore. Setting difficulty 8 stars and losing 40 times to Ryu used to be acceptable because god dammit I'll beat that cheap fuck eventually. Now? No goddamn way would I put up with that. I was playing DMC4, because I like the beat-'em up portion of the game to be pretty fun. But then I got to this bit not long after you get the grapple-arm, where you have to climb up this tower and the fucking thing kept targeting shit below me or off to the side or just randomly whatever the fuck it wanted and I kept going halfway up then back down again over and over and delete. Nope, not putting up with shit controls that make a trivial mechanic into a FUCK YOU.

feratua

Golden Knight of the Realm
Vampire Masquerade Bloodlines.
It was almost cutting edge for it's time.
Played it, loved it, wanted more. Then I found out that the franchise went belly up
frown.png

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think the problem with today's games is they want to have story, and think the only way to have story is to have TEN BRAZZILION HOURS OF DIALOG. Holy fuck. The only reason it works in Fallout and Bioware RPGs is there is a lot of humor + you are given some control over it. But when you are just sitting there watching people blabber on and on, and its all super serious and you can't speed it up by reading subtitles and smashing the "shut up" key it gets soooo fucking old.

When Diablo pauses his fight for dialog three or four times someone at Blizzard should have gotten stabbed in the neck.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Lol yeah smashing the button to skip through all the dialog in SSF4:Arcade. Come the fuck on really

Zodiac

Lord Nagafen Raider
Skyrim. I think as an MMO player skyrim seemed like an MMO with no one around to see how badass you are. I don't mind playing an single player RPG if it has good gameplay or story but I think skyrim had neither.